Color Hotel

Via S. Cristina, 5, Lake Garda, Lake District, Bardolino, Lake Garda, 37011, Italy
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Color Hotel

Color Hotel - great location, lovely facilities...

by TripAdvisor Member EyeOfTheNorth

We stayed at the Color Hotel last week in June and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel is very clean and well-run. The reception and hotel staff spoke several languages quite fluently (putting us to shame) and were very knowlegable about local restaurants and activities. We could have arranged several trips via the reception to Venice, Verona (Opera and/or City sights), Dolomite mountains etc. - but it was just too hot....We booked one of the new Samsara Suites - a bit dear, but a great room including whirlpool bath and a 2 metre round bed! Free bikes were available from the reception which were an excellent way of getting round the flat lake path to some of the other villages. We ate mostly in Bardolino (10 minutes walk alongside the lake path) where the range of cuisine would suit all tastes and pockets.

The facilities overall were excellent - just one small gripe: there was building work being carried out near the pool/sunbed area which spoilt what would otherwise have been a very relaxing time. However, it looked like the hotel was building another swimming/jacuzzi pool, which would further enhance what is already a very nice hotel.

just adding a note

by TripAdvisor Member SueSheffield

I wasn't going to write a review, because I think all the past reviews have said everything for me! We thoroughly enjoyed staying at the Color Hotel.
I just want to mention that the hotel will arrange taxis and trips for you. The last reviewer mentioned booking the Verona Opera through the Internet. It's also worth asking the hotel about this, as we also visited the Opera, and the Color Hotel arranged the booking and the trip for us through a local agency. I have a feeling that it works out cheaper, so it's worth looking into. We caught a special bus in the late afternoon, and were dropped off and picked up at a meeting point in Verona. It did turn out a bit of an adventure, as our 'guide' for the outing was a bit crazy, and the bus was late setting off, and we almost lost a person coming back, which caused a delay. It's a late night, as the Opera doesn't finish till about midnight. It was great though, despite all that!
We also booked our airport taxi via the hotel, and this was cheaper than booking through the internet or, I think, just picking up a taxi at the airport.

An excellent choice

by TripAdvisor Member patc01

Having read many of the reviews on the Color hotel, my wife & I booked as advised, independant flights and accommodation directly with the hotel and saved over £600 on the same package offered by a well known tour operator.

Our room was one of the Armonia suites and the degree of comfort was excellent including individual air conditioning thermostats for the lounge and bedroom areas which in the summer is an absolute necessity.
Prior to arrival, taxi collection from Verona airport and excursions to Venice & Italy were booked through the extremely helpful team at the hotel.

The entire staff were welcoming and courteous at all times and the level of service given made us feel very much at home. After a great nights sleep in the king size bed, the breakfast buffet was of excellent quality and the range of food on offer was very good indeed.
The hotels pools had sufficient sunbeds, but you know the Germans and their towels!! The public areas were all well maintained and the overall feel was of a much higher rating than the official 3 star given. The walk into Bardolino takes between 5 - 10 minutes dependant upon which route taken and is a pleasant stroll. We would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel as it's one of the best we've stayed in and represents excellent value for money.

Fantastic hotel!, area!, food!. weather - loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member Esther1

This is a great hotel in a very good location. We had a standard room which was fine (very clean) but I would recommend paying the extra 15 Euros each for a superior (there were none available when we were there). Pool area is great and we tried to spend late afternoon there (after being on the go all day) relaxing with a beer (which the waiters bring to your sun lounger). Staff are excellent and very friendly and helpful - in all I could not fault this hotel and would highly recommend it.
Bardolino is a great base to explore Garda - we drove right round the Lake and I think that we chose the right spot to stay in - this was all thanks to Trip Advisor members - so keep up the good work and thanks guys!!

Five Star Hotel in Five Star location

by TripAdvisor Member robocop646

Stayed three weeks ago for 6 days having selected hotel as result of reviews. Excellent exceptional hotel and friendly competent staff. Superior room with very large bed, extremely comfortable. Two swimming pools and was ideal for lazing around or as a base to explore Lake Garda. Pool was ideal for children and adults, no deep areas.

There is a small Supermarket right next door where you can stock up on fruit, water to keep in Courtesy Bar and little snacky necessities if so inclined although food and snacks at hotel are excellent.

Very colourful hotel sited on main road but is not noisy and easy to walk into Town from - about 10 minutes along smashing clean, interesting promenade - maybe overstating it as a promenade.

Boat hire cheap and a must for a few hours. Restaurents excellent - no ripoffs. Watched World Cup win by Italy there - what a polite undemostrative race they are - apart from a few horns being sounded all the flags were down the next day and it was back to business selling ice cream and looking after us

Breakfast was fine but went out for evening meals.

The touch I liked was vast amount of reading material - novels in rooms and elsewhere left behind for guests from previous occupiers. Italian TV is lousy but you can get BBC World News.

Travelled by National coach service from Verona - very cheap and fast in air conditioned coach.(we went to Opera - another must once in a lifetime - book on Internet) Once an hour from Verona Bus Station. Pointless hiring a car, went everywhere by boat - very cheap Garda a bit dirty and crowded. Riva Garda beautiful - a must to go to. On either side the smaller villages /towns are best to visit. Lazise next door to Bardolino is a must to visit and also the Alla Grotta fish restaurant - very high standard of cuisine overlooking the small port.

Proceeded further to Malcesine and stayed at Lorenzo Bue View Hotel - sited on hillside a 1/2 mile outside Malcesine. This was another one to rave about beautiful views in gorgeous surroundings at again an exceptional hotel.

Are all Italian hotels this good - shows what I have been missing over the years by going to Spain and France!

The Italian girls are lovely!!!!!!!! still looking when wife not watching me!

This is an ideal hotel for children of all ages (include myself) pensioner and for anyone reading this -go there you will not be disappointed.

Looking forward to Lake Como next year.

Hotel in Bardolino

Hi all,
My wife and I are currently in the planning stages of a trip to the Brenta Dolomites July/August time. We will be travelling via Bologna where we're picking up a rental car then driving straight to the mountains. On our way back, we thought it might be nice to spend 2/3 days on Lake Garda and have been looking at the Color Hotel as a possible venue. Does anybody know this hotel or better still,has anybody ever stayed there?
It's a little on the expensive side, so before we commit, we just wanted some input from fellow VTers.
Thanks
Dom

by effeti

Hi Dom....

I guess you already saw the good reviews of the hotel on tripadvisor. And, from its site, the Hotel seems quite nice and with amazing use of colors...

Anyway, i cannot help if not for the location.

It's a little out of the nice old center of Bardolino, and you have to cross the traffic of the main road, but we are talking of meters, and maybe a 5 mins walk.
On the other side, having a car in July/aug may be wiser to stay were you can enter without many problems.

Hope someone with direct knowledge may say more.
Ciao!
Francesco

Thanks Francesco,
I had a sneaky suspicion you would be the first to answer lol.
We haven't booked anything yet, but Bardolino seemed a good spot for a couple of days, as we will be driving from Madonna di Campiglio back to Bologna.

by IanMacPhail

I have stayed in Bardolino and can recommend Villa Letizia. A very good hotel. :-)

Thanks Ian,