Calalzo Hotels

Our Members Say

• victorwkf profile photo victorwkf
  • Reviews: 4529

Hotel Ferrovia

Hotel Ferrovia is a 3-star hotel conveniently located near to the railway station of Calalzo Di Cadore. I did not stay there personally and therefore unable to give any comments. You can visit their website below for more information. Anyway, I do not think there are many hotels in Calalzo Di Cadore for you to choose if you want to stay in this town.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written July 18, 2007

• mapakettle profile photo mapakettle
  • Reviews: 524

Hotel Ferrovia: Across from the train station

We did not stay here ourselves, so our personal experiences are restricted to the outside view of the hotel. It is located in the heart of Calalzo, right across the street from our hotel in fact.

From outward appearances, I'd say it matched our accomodation in every way, except it lacked the balcony overlooking the lake, and would be exposed to traffic on three sides. Very well kept property however, and appealing to the eye.

All hotels offer a great view of the mountains it seems. It also posessed a Turkish Bath as well as a sauna. Use their web site to view the photos. Considered a 3 star hotel.

Prices shown indicate rates range from 45 euro to 60 euro PP per night (half board). I would suggest the price is negotiable however.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Road Trip, Trains, Mountain Climbing
  • Written April 24, 2006

• mapakettle profile photo mapakettle
  • Reviews: 524

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Calalzo: In the heart of Calalzo

Hotel Calalzo is located in the heart of the town, less than two minutes from the train station (as most everything is). An easy walk.

Our room was facing the valley, with a tiny balcony convenient for photo ops. Mountains ranged high above us on all sides, and night time was very quiet, except for the occasionaly cursed scooter heard far off in the distance.

I have down rated my opinion of the hotel due to the extremely uncomfortable pillows. We were too accepting, and should have requested replacements. Too thin, too hard. The room had additional blankets, but no extra pillows to prop our heads against.

Our room had wall to wall carpeting, and smooth honey coloured wood planking on the walls, with a sloping ceiling in spots, adding a certain character to the room.. A tiny balcony, room for two, but with the balcony doors open wide, you could imagine yourself sleeping under the stars (using rocks as pillows).

The bathroom was spotless, glistening in fact, complete with hand free shower enclosure, bidet, and toilet. Lots of hot water, towels, soaps and shampoo, with the heated towel racks I've become rather fond of the past couple of years. The toilet is the typical inefficient Italian type, which tends to require frequent use of the mandatory toilet brush tucked away in the corner.

The shower enclosure was rather small, and as I turned, parts of my anatomy would cause the shower door to slide open, releasing said part into the chilly mountain air. No need for this small shower as the bathroom was quite spacious, with an overhead skylight, including functional window (which I should have left closed).

The hotel had an attached spa, bar, elevator, and rates included the basic breakfast of coffee, juice, fresh baked buns, yogurt, and honey. A tad skimpy perhaps, but very typical of breakfasts served throughout Northern Italy.

Overall, excellent value. We paid forty euro for the one night.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average