Hotel Citt' di Conegliano

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Travel Tips for Conegliano

The castles of Conegliano and Susegana

by croisbeauty

"The Castle of Conegliano"

My Italian friends suggested me to visit the castle at Conegliano telling me it is a must see. They knew how much I like medieval castles, taking any chance to visit them when travelling across Italy. I was, however, a little bit disappointed because the castle of Conegliano was beyond my expectations. It is rather small but very well preserved medieval structure which novadays houses museum dedicated to the battles for liberation of Austrian occupation.

"The Castle of Susegana"

The Castle of Susegana, which is situated a few kilometres before Conegliano, was a pleasant surprise to me. Actually, I even had no clue of it exsistance, but since its mighty structure dominates the tophill, which lies along the road, I just couldn't miss it. It is, however, private property now and close for the public visitings.

"Vineyards of Trevigiano"

Trevigiano means the Province of Treviso and it is mainly flat countryside which predominates by immesurable vineyards. This one is situated right below the Castle of Susegana. Trevigiano is known for its quality wines which are among best in whole of Veneto.

Comments