Hotel Barisetti

Booking.com Priceline.com AMOMA.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 23% more and rated 38% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Cortina d'Ampezzo

A river at Cortina d'Ampezzo (after rain), ItalyA river at Cortina d'Ampezzo (after rain), Italy

I told him not to drink the grappa!I told him not to drink the grappa!

Count the bottles!Count the bottles!

Tondo is open!Tondo is open!

We Moved!

by movingtocortina

I completely forgot to update everyone who had been so kind to me in answering my questions! My husband and I have been living in San Vito di Cadore since November. While we have had our ups and downs with hockey, we LOVE San Vito and Cortina! Obviously this isn't a question ... just wanted to say thanks!

by effeti

wow! So nice of you, thank you.
And now, you *MUST* find some spare time to build a Cortina page, telling us all your impressions on it, on living here... and so on!
Happy living!
Francesco

by domenicococozza

You haven't by any chance bought a small hotel with a basement jazz club have you?

by movingtocortina

No, no hotel with a jazz club. I do know that one of the players on my husband's team is building a hotel but he is from Italy, not an import.

I will make a page soon! Today is a game day and my mom is visiting from Alaska so we are busy, busy, busy!

by effeti

In bocca al lupo! for the match!
Ciao
Francesco

by domenicococozza

I just thought it worth asking as a friend of mine has recently moved from Cortina to Tuscany and his hotel is/was up for sale.
Buona fortuna!!

by Manara

I'm so glad you have touched base with us! I hope that soon or later you will let us know a bit about your experience in the Dolomites.
BTW when you want to kill some time the Miscellaneous forum here on VT is a good place.

by mccalpin

We cannot tell you how happy we are that you are having a great time...despite all of our advice ;-)...hey, did you find the photography shop you needed?

Bill

Travel Tips for Cortina d'Ampezzo

Moutain Scenery

by sandysmith

Cortina has wonderful views of the Tofane group and Monte Cristallo and even as non skiers we enjoyed going up the cable-cars here to enjoy the scenery and watch the skiers. Tip - buying a days ski pass was cheaper than buying separate cable-car tickets. Rumour has it that you can hire fur coats here and pretend to be a snob!

Running on a bobsled on the olympic track

by snoskar

In Cortina you can run on the olympic bobsled track. It is a really though experience: you reach 130 km/h and you stand an acceleration of 4G! In the Cortina Adrenalin Centre they gave you helmet and clothes. Then you have a run on a competition bobsled 4 places, together with a driver, a brakesman and another passenger. From the half of the track you reach the same speed of the World Championship races. The track is 1.350 m long and the run last around 57 seconds.
It is a really impressive experience. The cost is around 80 Euros.

Comments