Mestre Hotels

• Kuznetsov_Sergey profile photo Kuznetsov_Sergey
  • Reviews: 4807

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Ariston: A night close to Venice

I spent a night in this hotel in August of 1996 on the way from Italy to Hungary via Austria.
It was our last night in Italy after one day excursion in Venice was completed. Mestre is considered a continental part of Venice that's why accommodation there is rather convenient and cheap if you want to explore Venice.

Situated in Mestre, in a quiet residential area, Hotel Ariston is an elegant hotel that has recently been renovated, it is ideal for all those who wish to have easy access to Venice both by public bus and by car.
Hotel Ariston, which has 50 rooms furnished in a Venetian style, distributed over 4 floors, is a modern structure fitted with every comfort, from which you can easily reach Venice thanks to the public buses which stop just opposite the Hotel and which arrive in Venice within the space of just 15-20 minutes.
The Hotel also has a bar service, a safe, an Internet point and a Wi-Fi connection for those who wish to connect to the Internet from their own laptop.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Road Trip
  • Written June 2, 2012

Hotel Ariston

• Cath15 profile photo Cath15
  • Reviews: 4

Elite Hotel Residence: Convenient for getting to Venice

Although this hotel is not situated in a particularly interesting area in Mestre, it is clean, well run and convenient for getting into Venice. The staff were very helpful and pleasant and offered to phone the railway station for us when we had some queries about our tickets. The breakfast was excellent. The room was very comfortable. The bus station is a five minute walk away and buses arrive every 20 minutes or so. The journey is around 15 minutes and the bus drops you at Piazzale Roma, where vaporettos wait to take you to the centre of Venice. Buying the 28 euro two day bus pass, when we got off the plane, was the best thing we did. It covered the bus from the airport to Mestre, all buses within Mestre and vaporetto trips (even to the islands). Take the number 9 bus from Mestre station to the hotel, number 12 bus from the hotel to Venice.

Good value for money.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Festivals, Historical Travel
  • Written May 30, 2009

• DMcD profile photo DMcD
  • Reviews: 33

Bw Hotel Bologna: Very nice place

During my familys' trip thru Europe in the fall of '05, we were able to count on the Best Westerns to provide clean, comfortable, accomodating and usually modern creature comforts for the weary traveler. We were a party of 4, and as in all 4 BW's we stayed in during our travels, our party size wasn't a problem (usually is problematic in many EU cities). They had a terrific breakfast included in the price, as well as, on-site guarded car-parking for a modest fee in the rear. The rooms are very modern and well-kept with very nice baths, big rooms, comfy beds, good security, an elevator and good service. The busy neighborhood leaves a little bit to be desired but it is in a central spot and right across from the train depot. There is a fairly good Chinese restaurant across the street and coffee and sundries shops in the train depot. P.S. Forgot about the whole pot of very good coffee we received as Callavetta pointed-out below -- well worth a mention for coffee lovers (like me) that consume by the quart (as opposed to, by the ounce, as in most of Europe).

A treat for the weary - next to train station - modern - comfortable - close to Venice

• Related to: Family Travel, Women's Travel
  • Written June 6, 2006

• Callavetta profile photo Callavetta
  • Reviews: 625

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bw Hotel Bologna: A Late night stop

You know those nights when it's nearing midnight and your train is just pulling into a stop and you have no reservations but you're stanco morto (dead tired)?

Well, that's how I happened on Hotel Bologna, a Best Western property in Mestre. I had to be in Milan at 1:00 the next day. I had no reservations anywhere. And I didn't see the wisdom of showing up in Milano at 2:00 AM without a place to stay. Thanks to the friendly Italiana in my compartment, I heard about the Bologna.

When I walked in the door I felt like they had been waiting for me! So friendly was the greeting of the desk clerk. And I was offered an upgraded room with a promise to wake me up on time to enjoy the breakfast buffet before me 9 am train to Milan.

My room was huge with a king sized bed and a gigantic spotless modern tile bathroom with both a shower and a tub.

The breakfast buffet, included in the price of the room was excellent. Not only did it look great, with fruits, breads, meats, cheeses, etc. displayed as nicely as any $30 brunch buffet in the US, but everything tasted wonderful. My pot of coffee was welcome for waking me up and sending me on my way to my meeting in Milan.

I think if I were going to Venice, I might be tempted to stay here and take the 5 minute train ride into Venice proper in the morning, returning at night. This was a great hotel experience.

• Written January 17, 2005

Hotel Bolgona at night

• knyaz profile photo knyaz
  • Reviews: 36

Ambasciatori Hotel: Ambasciatori Hotel

Nice 4-star hotel. I used this hotel for my Venice trip. I couldn't get anything affordable in Venice, sold out or too expensive.
5-7 minutes by Bus and you are in Venice.
Bus stop is right in front of the hotel.

• Written January 8, 2004