Russott Hotel Venezia

More about Russott Hotel Venezia

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

by vmanley618

"We Arrive in Venice"

We are late leaving Dallas Tx and making our Zurich connection. That puts into Venice late and we don't get to visit any of the sites. I had booked a hotel in Maestre - the Russott Hotel which was great. My aunt who I was traveling with had fallon so once we made it to the hotel she needed to lay down. My cousin was in Venice waiting for us and it was getting dark. We decided to go ahead and check out of the hotel and make our way to Venice to meet up with him at his hotel - Hotel Doni. It was great - small and family owned. The only part of Venice I saw was St. Mark's Square at dusk and the Grand Canal as we entered and exited. I hope to go back someday and really see Venice. What I did see was great and so pretty. We are up early to get the train to Milan. The train system is great and as we rode in first class - very comfortable. You must be early since sometimes the train decides to leave a few minutes earlier than the board says.

"On to Milan"

We had purchased our tickets the day before which is also a good thing to do. No lines and you make sure you get what you want. We always needed 4 seats together and first class if possible so my aunt could be comfortable. We saw the Duomo (great) and had lunch in the Galleria, a great place to people watch. We stayed at the Hotel Concorde in Geranzano about a 30 min taxi ride from Milan. We took the train to Sarrano and taxi to the hotel. It was comfortable the the people are just great, thank you Julia for a wonderful stay. Two days seeing Milan and off the Firenze. We rode the train thru the Tuscan hills - how beautiful. Very picturesque and I just couldn't believe I was actually in Italy. I have never been out of the US before so this was a trip of a lifetime. We arrive in Florence and what a lovely town. We see David at the Accademia, no reservation for The Last Supper so that is out. I do some shopping at the Mercado Nuevo and buy the most beautiful leather purse for a fraction what I would spend in the US.

"On to Firenze , then Rome"

We tour around and see the different sites and eat the best gelato in the world. The second day we go to Pisa to see what else - the tower. What fun taking our pictures and shopping for more souvenirs. We buy our tickets for Rome for the next day and get a sleep at the most beautiful hotel - Star Hotels Tuscany. Very luxurious but not expensive. I got internet deals and discounts for traveling in May. Next day onto Rome. Wow - saw the Forum and walked where Caesar walked, visited the Trevi Fountain and threw in our coins and then to Vatican City to see the Basilica of St Peter. How beautiful. Had great food and desserts and enjoyed the entire city. We were too late to see the Sistene Chapel so I will HAVE to go back and see it.

hlx flightshlx flights