Piazza Lima 2, Milan, Lombardy, 20124, Italy

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Best Western Hotel Galles

Not a good start!

by TripAdvisor Member jackshibbo

8 of us girls arrived at this hotel at 12.30am only to be told that there were only 2 rooms booked for us. We were given another room in another hotel quite a way away but only for two of us. The duty manager, Gianni, was very rude and unhelpful. After much toing and froing he did get 2 rooms elsewhere. We were tired so went over to the other hotel which was fantastic - Jolly Hotel Touring is its name! 8 of us girls arrived at this hotel at 12.30am only to be told that there were only 2 rooms booked for us. We were given another room in another hotel quite a way away but only for two of us. The duty manager, Gianni, was very rude and unhelpful. After much toing and froing he did get 2 rooms elsewhere. We were tired so went over to the other hotel which was fantastic - Jolly Hotel Touring is its name! Expedia were fab and sorted it. Hotel admitted their mistake. We managed to transfer the 4 others from Best Western Galles over to other hotel the following day. The staff at Best Western Galles had no customer care skills at all! Jolly Hotel Touring is really nice and the staff were fab! We managed to transfer the 4 others from Best Western Galles over to other hotel the following day. Best thing we did. The staff at Best Western Galles had no customer care skills at all! Jolly Hotel Touring is really nice and the staff were fab!

A very good relax in Milano

by TripAdvisor Member LUIAS

I've beeing there during a business trip. I was very tired, so I tried the restaurant at the 6th floor, which is great, I also find a big buffet for the breakfast. I had a rest at the 8th floor and I've seen a wonderfull view of Milan (even the Duomo).
The next day I went to the fitness centre, where I had a very good sauna and I can tell YOU that I've seen anything better in all Milan SO WELL RELAXING.
The location is very good, it's just out the underground and You have a big shopping.
IT'S A GOOD COMBINATION OF BUSINESS AND RELAX.

Clean, basic, nothing special

by TripAdvisor Member nettyli

Location was ok. Takes about 15 mins to walk to the Duomo, if you walk fast, and know where you're going!
The rooms were nothing special, just basic and clean.
The buffet breakfast was standard, quite a big choice, but you have to pay extra for the 'hot' breakfast (E17, so a bit of a rip off)
The gym is pathetic, not worth going, especially as it costs E6 each visit!!
The staff were average, a bit slow, but polite.

would recommendthis hotel

by TripAdvisor Member suesafc

We stayed at this hotel on a girlie shopping weekend have just returned would recommend it to anyone. Staff were helpful n polite rooms were clean, we even had a jaccuzzi. The safe took some finding behind the picture of the hotel facilities . The only drawback was there weren't many resturants nearby, we ate in the hotel the first night couldn't fault it. We were advised where to find areas either by taxi or subway (just outside) only a few minutes away by either the only thing I could complain about was it could have been dryer!Very good value for money.

Disappointing.

by TripAdvisor Member bridget

We had prebooked the hotel 6 weeks before our visit and when we got there, there was not a room available for us ...so at midnite in the pouring rain we had to walk to another sister hotel of theirs 7 minutes down the street with our luggage. It was right next to a night club...dubious looking people standing around and a couple of hookers. We were quite scared. the room there was horrendous. On the second nite after a lot of complaining they found us a room back at the galles, I would not use the Galles again. The staff are very rude.

There were other problems regarding money and I have been in dispute with this hotel since Dec and eventually ended up contacting Best Western in USA and have a cheque for £168 on its way in the next week or two, that the hotel took from my credit card, when they had absolutely no right what so ever to do. Its been a nasty business.

Not at all bad.

I must admit to some surprise when reading others' reviews of this hotel.

Thankfully we sussed out the cunningly hidden safe within a few minutes of getting into the room, so we were not subject to the petty crime reported elsewhere.

The room was small but perfectly formed. The furniture was unmarked and in good order, a comfy bed and a nice balcony overlooking the street. There was a slight rumbling from the metro in the mornings, but then given the hotel's excellent position and transport links (you really can't miss it when you exit the station), then that is almost to be expected.

I found the staff to be accommodating and helpful, and enjoyed the breakfast greatly.

Minus points:

There was one amusing incident when my partner found she couldn't open the bathroom door from the inside.

Nightlife - there isn't any. Piazza Lima and Corso Buenos Aires are daytime shopping centres, for the nightlife and food get the metro down to Naviglia/Porta Genova area. (I can heartily reccomed the Osteria Briosca on Via Sforza for dinner. They don't speak English, but the food and wine, WOW!)

Given my one stay here, I would look to use them again.

wouldn't recommend

by TripAdvisor Member isailtheseas

We stayed on May 2nd as the 1st 3 nights of our 3 week honeymoon in Italy.
We are extremely well traveled and understand the diffrence of USA hotels and various parts of Europe. With that said....

The location was perfect next to the metro and 4 stops from the Duomo. Shopping nearby very close. The breakfast was extensive for Italy. HOWEVER they serve a continental breakfast that is included with all rooms OR you can have the warm breakfast options which has either been negotiated with your rate or pay 17 euro..(certainly NOT worth that much!) Internet point was provided downstairs, you do pay but it is nice to have the convienence.

There is a restaurant which is a blessing or a CURSE which is what happened to us....
We asked for a quiet room as this was our honeymoon and we had just flown in from California..there are only a few rooms per floor and we were placed on the 6th floor...refuse a room on this floor or stay elsewhere. The restaurant is located there. They booked a party of 60 people in the restaurant that went on to 1230am, loud people as you know the Italians are louder than many cultures, announcements by microphone and with only one WC for the entire restaurant located next to our hotel room. you can only imagine...the noise, drunk people knocking on our door. So much for sleep or a little romance Called the front desk from 10pm onwards very politely asking for noise levels to be addressed, they said they couldnt do anything then again every half hour. We pride ourselves in NEVER ever being an ugly America but how do you respond. I went into the restaurant at 1130 pm ..asked nicely...for the organizer to keep the noise down, just shrugged, the front desk did nothing nor did they seem to care and yes, they all understood English very well.

The hotel manager offered us a complimentary dinner the next night which we accepted becasue the menu looked good, but when we sat down we were given a Chefs choice menu filled with fish....we hate fish... and the waitress said this was our only option.

What they should of done is comped the nights stay, since they were unable to provide the service of a nights sleep, because of a situation that they created.

The service just stunk. they created the problem but couldnt and wouldnt fix it . for this reason alone I must issue a buyer beware for this hotel.

Side note, while not important this hotel was aware from the beginning this was our honeymoon but nothing was said or done, which was not the case elsewhere.

The room was nice size and clean and met the basic Best Western standards.

Hotel Galles a good place to stay.

by TripAdvisor Member OhioFranco

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Galles for five nights in May 2006. The room, small but normal sized by European standards, was clean, well furnished and confortable. The staff was helpful and attentive - I may have had an advantage there since I can speak the language, but I noticed the staff handle guests in English, French and German. Continental breakfast is available at the top of the building and is good. The same location becomes a restaurant for lunch and dinner. We had Sunday lunch there with some relatives and the food and sevice were very good. All in all - a good experience, even tough there was construction of a subway extension outside and some initial contretemps caused by a busted water line. The location - quite close to a subway station - made traveling to other parts of Milan easy.

Stay away

This hotel is in a good location and the hotel is clean. Rooms are ok but showers are pathetic. The restaurant is dreadful and food is not worth eating. The staff are the rudist people we've ever met. We were a party of 14 people and they treated us terribly. We had what can only be described as a jack hammer one morning in the room above us but the staff would do nothing to resolve it. This work started at 8am and not great for someone that was out the night before. They said that they didn't know what was going on!! How can construction be carried out without them knowing. What a pack of idiots.
The Gym is not worth going to either. The multigym machine is the worst I've ever seen. Don't go by the pictures as its all glass and looks bigger than it is. They don't even have any barbell. We didn't cause any trouble but when we were checking out, they told us to return to Ireland and never come back. Charming staff. We found people in general to be very rude, food to be terrible and drink to be extremely expensive.
We'll never go again.

Dont go here

by TripAdvisor Member cloonkeen

Went to Milan on weekend break with some friends, gilrls and lads. Found hotel very clean and rooms very nice but the staff were very rude and unhelpful. We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights and spent a lot of money there including eating at their restaurant the first night. We did not eat there after that as no one in the group enjoyed their meal. Some of the reception staff were the most ignorent people I have ever met. The way they spoke to some of the women in our party simply bacause 4 taxis were mistakingly booked instead of 3 when we were leaving was absolutely appalling. Up to that point we were reasonably staisfied with the hotel because despite the food and the service, it was clean and in a good location but the manner in which were spoken to left a sour taste in the mouth. If your just looking for a bed in a good location, then this place is fine but beware you may not get any sleep with all the noice. If you are used to getting some level of service (however small) and friendlyness from people you are paying money to then this place is definetly out of the question.

Comments