Fondamenta Vetrai, 77, Murano, 30141, Italy

Venere.com Booking.com Expedia.com

• fful's Profile Photo

Wonderful Place to Stay

Cesare, the owner, was wonderful. He cordially greeted us, allowed us to settle in, and then invited us in the common room for a cool refreshing nectar. He explained the highlights of the island, provided us with maps, and explained that, with our keys, we could come and go as we pleased.
    Our room, and the entire inn, was spotless, probably the cleanest establishment I have ever been in.
    Cesare was helpful without being intrusive. Friendly at the continental breakfast, without being overwhelming.
    We splurged on the rooms with the balcony, as it was our only night in Murano. The central air conditioning was whisper-quiet. While there are quite a few tourists in Murano in the daytime, it was not an overwhelming number, and they almost all disappeared by dusk. My wife and I stood on the Ponte de Mezo next to the Inn, overseeing a canal, after dinner, and we were the only tourists around. It was wonderful!
    Cesare owns a glass-making factory, and had made all the chandeliers in the Inn. Cesare and his family also own a few glass galleries in Murano, and offered to show us some of his creations. His enthusiasm for his craft was honest and obvious, and there was no pressure to buy. I actually had to ask him later to take me back to one of the shops, so I could buy something made by him. He was extremely helpful in any requests for information about the area.
    It is only a half hour ride from Venice on the DM line, so even if you want to spend most of the day in Venice, it is worth considering spending the night here.

Unique Quality: Very clean, friendly owner, great views, quiet nights.

Directions: Take the DM ferry from Venice (Train station or Piazzale Roma), get off at the Murano Colonna, about a 5 minute walk up the street.

Comments