Venetian Hostel

Via Santo Stafeno, 23, Padua, 35043, Italy
Venetian Hostel
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Padova

The inside of the shopThe inside of the shop

Padova City Walls, ItalyPadova City Walls, Italy

Soon to disappearSoon to disappear

Me and Vt OriettaIT visiting the Palazzo_RagioneMe and Vt OriettaIT visiting the Palazzo_Ragione

Parking + Scrovegni Chapel with Padova Card

by juzz

Hello,
I'd like to visit Padova using Padova Card for discounts. Trying to book tickets online in the Scrovegni Chapel's website I saw that I can't book the discount tickets without buying Padova Card from their site. This way I will have Padova Card in my hands only when I'll go to take my tickets at the chapel but I'd need it to park the car BEFORE to go to the Chapel.
This UNLESS I need the Card only when I pay the parking AFTER my visit. Does anybody knows how it works with parking and Padova Card?
I'm not very sure I have been clear enough, but I do hope so ;)

Thanks
Sergio

Re: Parking + Scrovegni Chapel with Padova Card

by suvanki

Hi, I've returned recently from Padova, where I used the Padova card. I bought it from the tourist info office opposite San Antonio Basilica (tel 049 8753087)(14 euros for 48 hours)- my ticket for Scroveni Chapel was booked for me for the next day (with a 1 euro booking fee)- I had no problems - plenty of places available. I had intended to book my ticket online - but wasn't too sure of my travel plans. I found out the 'book 3 days in advance' wasn't necessary - and was quite pleased with the TI service.

With my ticket I was given a booklet - in it it lists the free car parking spots which are only 2 -Parcheggio Pubblici APS (Public parking places) - Parcheggio Prato della Valle (which is south of the Scroveni chapel) and Parcheggio Via Sarpi (which is North West of the chapel) Neither of these are immmediately near to the chapel. It says to show Padova card when entering the parking place, but then says Padova card can be purchased at the parking place.
The Padova card covers free bus transport also. You can buy the Padova card at the tour office near the station tel 049 8752077 or fax 0498755008, Galleria Pedrocchi tel 049 8767927 fax 049 8363316 as well as the one mentioned before.

I hope this is of some use to You.
Best Wishes,
Sue

Re: Parking + Scrovegni Chapel with Padova Card

by juzz

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately I won't stay in Padova for more than 1 day and so I must book the ticket from home, using Internet or the call center.

Travel Tips for Padova

Visit the Prata Delle Valle! ...

by emilia4

Visit the Prata Delle Valle! A Beautiful square in Padova where you can walk around, have a pic nic and relax...... Seeing the Prata Della Valle at night. It is a great spot during the day to chill out and a very romantic place by night. There is a good restaurant called 'Zaire' there which had the best ambiance and very delicious food.

Gattamelata

by croisbeauty

Monument of Gattamelata is situated in the north-west corner of the square, right in front of Basilica di San Antonio Donatello's masterpiece; the bronze equestrian monument to Erasmo de Narni, known as the Gattamelata, commander in chief of the armies of the Venetian Republic.

Election Time....!!

by mapakettle

Election time in Italy is very interesting. A few weeks ago we noticed many portable billboards being erected around small piazzas and empty lots. At first we assumed construction was about to begin behind these long walls of galvanized metal, and got rather excited about a new business or shop coming to our neighbourhood.

We quickly realized that these were the 'walls' on which election posters were to be pasted. In Canada, election signs are stapled to any wooden fixture, planted on peoples' lawns, and propped up against window panes in places of business.

Everywhere we go in Padova, signs are lying in shreds beneath the 'walls', and are replaced immediately, only to be torn down in the dead of night by the opposing political parties. I'm tempted to roll up a few of these discarded posters as remembrances, but with my luck, someone will accuse me of removing it from the 'wall'.

Ma Kettle and I had just left our favourite pasticceria after church this morning, and while waiting for our light to change, got involved in a conversation with a 'local' who was on his way to a political luncheon/meeting. He was quite excited about the opportunity to share his political views with us, and was anxious to be very vocal with others at the luncheon.

At dinner this evening, we sat next to a table with four gentlemen wearing suit and tie, and
throughout dinner all they did was argue. Politics, politics, politics. The argument was good natured, but quite animated and loud.

The Italians love to argue, and complain. Complaints about politics is a favourite past time. So very different from Canada, where the odd person may be outspoken, but generally politics remains a personal choice, and even the spouse is unaware of your favourite candidate.

We have no idea who is running, nor do we care. Politics is NOT for outsiders to meddle in.

Please note...the picture was taken from a 'spoof' site. I have no idea what it means. If it is offensive, please advise and I will remove immediately. If it is funny, tell others.

Padova Calcio - Vecchia gloria

by croisbeauty

Years ago, in the last century, Padova used to have pretty good soccer club which played in the Italian Premiere Ligue, along with Juventus, Inter, Milan, ......etc. This are hand made aquarels, probably from early sixties, which announced important football matches between Padova and other Italian clubs. What a nostalgy, tempi passati mai tornati.

The Public Gardens

by croisbeauty

This is the main entrance into the Public Gardens, which isin Corso Garibaldi, where the Scrovegni Chapel is situated. Public Gardens is an huge area with greenery, centrally positoned, and favorite promenade place and playground.

Comments