VIALE DELLA RESISTENZA 18/20, Quarto D'Altino, Ita
Booking.com IHG Venere.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Holiday Inn Venice East-Quarto D'Altino

Modern, confortable and convenient

I have to confess that I was worried when we booked the Holliday Inn Quarto Daltino for our trip to Venice. I've never been to Venice before and the perspective of staying reasonably far from the center sounded like a challenge and a mistery.
Now, I am almost sure we took the very best option. Despite of some troubles with the management about the rate we got - other sites were offering it at a lower price - I have to say that even 100 euros including a very good breakfast was not expensive if comparing to the options we had in the city center.
The Holliday Inn Quarto Daltino is a very modern, clean and confortable place and is located right across the railway station which made it a very easy arrival. Comparing to hundreds of tourists we saw in Venice carrying their luggage along the old streets and bridges, we were glad not to face that kind of trouble. They were probably paying a lot more to get a lot less confort than we did.
The journey from Quarto Daltino to Venice is not expensive at all and takes around 20 minutes in which we always found a seat. Piece of cake.
Our room was huge and filled with all the amenities we could possible want. And besides, the hotel offers a complimentary airport shuttle, which was suitable for us, since we arrived by train, but left Venice by plane.
After all, I strongly recommend the Holliday Inn Quarto Daltino as a perfect option for anyone who wants confort (almost luxury) and cleanliness, for a reasonable price and don't enjoy pulling heavy bags around the beautiful but crowded and complicated Venice.

Great Hotel and Location

by TripAdvisor Member smiffy79

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Quatro d'Altino for 2 nights on 25th September. The hotel is not far from the motorway and easy to reach with plenty of parking. It is a very nice hotel and our room was great, with a lovely large bed and bathroom. The hotel is right next to Quatro d'Altino station but the rooms were not noisy at all and ours looked right over the station. The staff were very helpful and gave us details of how to get the train into Venice and times etc. The train was very convenient and it only took around 20 minutes to get into the centre of Venice - I think the last train was around 12:00PM - so it's easy to spend the whole day in Venice.

We didn't eat at the hotel as it looked a little expensive but we found a lovely restaurant further into the town nearer the Holiday Inn Express. You basically just head back towards the motorway. It was very busy and the food was lovely - I had the best Frutti di Mare Pizza!!

I would definitely stay at this hotel again, it is a baragin compared to the hotels in venice itself.

Excellent Value

by TripAdvisor Member Ladytravellers

Stayed for two nights at this hotel. Very near the railway station with easy access to Venice.
Excellent price compared to Venice Hotels.
The hotel provided us with the train timetables to Venice & we bought our rail tickets at reception.
The hotel was new bright & clean with a nice bar area & restaurant.
We ate at the hotel which was reasonably priced for Pizza but the menu was quite limited otherwise.
The breakfast was quite good.

Unexpectedly Good

by TripAdvisor Member ElleGolightly

Stayed here for 3 nights while taking part in a car rally. Surprisingly high standard of room for a Holiday Inn - spacious and modern with a large bathroom (although the shower didn't work properly and could only manage a trickle which alternated between cool and burning hot. Only slight downside for some would be the fact that the bedroom overlooks the railway station so you do hear the trains early in the morning. Didn't particularly bother us however. If you don't want to stay in the centre of Venice for whatever reason this would be an ideal base as the 30 minute train journey (hotel reception can sell you tickets) takes you straight to Venice station. It's also very easy to travel north to the Dolomites and the various wine routes nearby. Breakfast in the hotel was fairly poor but I think that's because we were being catered for as a separate group and so it doen't reflect the standard in the main hotel restaurant.

Clean, modern, fantastic transport links to Venice

by TripAdvisor Member Tintin82

I stayed in the Holiday Inn East Quarto for one night late in December 2006. It literally is a stone throw from Quarto train station therefore fantastic if you have lots of luggage.

When I researched hotels in Venice, at the time I found this was one of the cheapest with our double room for one night costing 85 Euros.

It is so close to the station it is perfect for any kind of visit to Venice as it is only 25-30 minutes by train and tickets can be purchased at the hotel for convenience. 30 trains a day run each way from Venice to Quarto, with intervals of between 30minutes and two hours, however the hotel kindly provided a time-table to help organise our day. The last train from Venice to the hotel leaves at 0.37 so there is plenty of time for late nights in Venice.

We didn’t have breakfast as it wasn’t included in our price, so I can not judge on this.

The room was very modern and clean with a digital 28” flat screen opposite the bed which made me happy as I was able to watch BBC World and keep up with the day’s football results!

To summarise:

Clean and modern
Top draw transport links to Venice
The staff was helpful and polite, but some gave the impression they had got out the wrong side of the bed that morning!
I would definitely recommend and I would return here if I ever visit the region again.

A quiet base for Venice

by TripAdvisor Member Piccasso

A typical Holiday Inn Express that offered good value for money. We paid 55 Euros per night for a room with 3 beds inc breakfast. (Double and a put u up).The rooms were clean and functional with a nice bathroom. The hotel was in a quiet spot around 20 minutes out of Venice itself with a direct connection to the main station in Venice. The train cost just under 9 Euros for a return journey, with 2 trains per hour until early in the morning. The breakfast was typically continental and was taken in a smallish dining room with everything self-service. This hotel boasts a large free car park, which is a bonus nowadays in Italy. If I had a criticism of the hotel, it would be that the public rooms felt chilly and didn't make you feel like spending much time in them. The temperature at the time of our stay was around freezing, so nice warm welcoming rooms would have been very inviting. The town of Quarto D'Altino itself seems quite upmarket and I would imagine has some decent restaurants, although we didn't have a chance to try any of them. Would we stay there again? Yes!

good value and close to venice.

by TripAdvisor Member jason_1969

My other half and i stayed at this hotel on the 16th Febuary 2007 for two nites for Valentines weekend,the room we had was a exective double,the room was like a junior suite,large bathroom large bed flat screen T.V mini bar the works.The room was very clean and staff were helpful,the menue was basic but not exepensive nor were the drinks,we had dinner breakfast twice and drinks plus a coke from the mini bar and this came to £100 pounds which i thought was good value.the train into venice was only a few euros and only yards away from the train station,also they gave us two hours extra to check out at no extra cost.From jason & Kiran.

Excellent Quality

by TripAdvisor Member priscij

This was one of the best hotels I stayed in Italy. The rooms were large, clean and very modern. The bathrooms were spacious and very upscale. The dinner food was fantastics, expecially the wine. The Lobby was shockingly very modern with little seating/ living rooms around. Venice center is about a 15 minute ride on train, however the train station is adjacent to the hotel.... you don't even have to walk down the block. The train takes you staight into the city terminal. BEWARE: taking the train late from Venice is not recommended... the last train to the hotel was about 11pm or so.... after that the next train was as 6am. So if you miss the train... good luck. But overall the hotel was amazing and I will definetly stay there again and recommend it to all of my friends.

AWESOME

by TripAdvisor Member jabCO

This hotel is awesome, absolutely the best for the price we found anywhere! Very modern, very clean, super friendly staff.
Train stop right behind the hotel, you can purchase tickets at the hotel, just make sure you stamp them prior to getting on! We weren't aware of that and 7 of us got fined 25 Euro each!

Loved this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LoveParisInSpring

This hotel was great.
We chose this hotel based on the price and previous reviews. We were not let down.
The hotel was extremely modern, and staff was very keen to help in any way.
The room was very spacious and modern, as was the bathroom. It had a beautiful big bath in our room.
The location was good. it was our first time to venice, and we didnt mind catching the train twenty minutes into venice, it added to the experience.
The breakfast was ok, some things were abit strange, but i guess we were not used to a different breakfast.
Overall it was great, the price was great, and I would definitely stay again.

Comments