Agriturismo Farm Stei

San Nicolo di Ponte Piave , Treviso, 31047, Treviso, 31047, Italy

More about Treviso

Nature - River Sile ...Nature - River Sile ...

Signs explaining where you cannot parkSigns explaining where you cannot park

Torre del Comune - Treviso Torre del Comune - Treviso

My boyfriend & river Sile.My boyfriend & river Sile.

How to travel from Treviso to Venice

by babettu

Hi I will be staying in Treviso for two days. Whilst I am there I want to visit Venice for the day. I will have a rented car.

Any suggestions how I should travel? Which is the best way to get there, by car? or may be by other means of transport?

If I go by car, where should I park the car, is there a suitable parking place nearby?

Stephen

by HansDK

Take the train. Trains runs frequently and takes about 40 min. One-way fare is EUR 2.35. You can check timetables here: http://www.ferroviedellostato.it/homepage_en.html

by effeti

Train, train and more train! driving may be easy but the parking in Piazzale Roma is 24 euro, even for 10 minutes you pay the full day rate!
Ciao
Francesco

by hawkhead

Train. There are lots of trains per day.

by Mozumbus

Yes, train is the most suitable option. While looking for train, take one which takes you all the way to Venice St. Lucia station and not to Venice Mestre. The former is right inside the Venice island and the later is located in the mainland. All the trains that go to Venice St. Lucia stop at Mestre also, so don't be confused and wait until you reach St. Lucia.
Happy Travelling!

by babettu

Thank you all very much for the useful information you sent me.

Best regards

Stephen

Travel Tips for Treviso

Riviera Garibaldi - Ponte Dante

by croisbeauty

In the medieval times, the town walls of Treviso were considered impenetrable. In the 18th century, during agricultural revolution and the consequent construction of patrician residences in the country side, brought expansion outside the walls. Ponte Dante connects two parts of the town located along the canal of Cagnan Grande. It is a part of the town known as riviera Garibaldi.

Tiramisu' trevigiano

by Diana75

I don't know how many of us know that the most famous Italian dessert, Tiramisu, has its origins in Treviso.

Even myself I was very surprised to discover that this sweet and tasteful Italian dessert was invented here and since then conquered practically the whole world.

And, as probably you will not find a best one elsewhere, don't forget to taste the real tiramisu in Treviso.

Cathedral of San Pietro

by STEFZAMM

The dome of Treviso or the Cathedral is dedicated to St. Peter. This cathedral was built in the 15th & 16th century where once used to be a Romanesque church, evidence of this is the crypt which dates back to the 11th and 12th century. The exterior was completed in 1836. It was a shame for me to enter this huge empty church, we were the only visitors. On the left hand side facing the altar there is another small altar with a notice for tourists that this is only for prayer well I'm catholic and I'm tourist so I decided to walk in, kneel down and thank the lord for so much marvels in this world and for being so happy that day. I got up and took a picture. May I remind you that this church was empty and I could not bother any catholics that might have been praying yet as soon as I leave this small altar I find this very stupid lady that stood there waiting for me with her hands crossed as though I was five years old at school and had a row at me, well I explained to her that I did take a photo but I intentionally went in to pray but she was very rude and abrupt. This other prayer to god was slightly different now, I was actually telling him "Why is that some people that represent your church are so unfriendly??" and I walked on admiring the church turning round to take a photo of the main altar now before I went out and this same lady again brought this huge, mega large sweeping mop that I've never ever seen in my life and she went to and forth from left to right of the altar to clean the floor, so there went my picture! Generally I love to visit churches they make me happy and I cannot explain why but this cathedral in Treviso was so unwelcoming thanks to the lady or one of them that takes care of it. I hope your visit to the cathedral of Treviso will be somehow a better experience than mine. The opening hours are between 7:30am and 12:00pm

Via Camaggiore

by BruceDunning

This is the main shopping street coming from Piazza Signore and going toward the Duomo. It is about three blocks long and has a number of casettas with decorative facades. Most have some Byzantine style architecture, and loggia arches

San Nicolo

by croisbeauty

This is the view at the baptistery of the church of San Nicolo and the bell-tower. Only from this side you can be aware of its huge proportions. The facade is very simple made of the brick and decorated by many windows.
Next to the church is the former convent of San Nicolo, now the Seminario Vescovile. The complex is connected by cloisters to the 14th century chapter house, which is decorated by the frescoes of Tommaso da Modena.

Comments