Via Parenzo 14 / 16, Treviso, 31100, Italy

Travelocity HostelBookers.com Hostelworld.com

Satisfaction Poor

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Family run B&B and Self-Catering

I booked this accommodation through www.hostelbookers.com , as it was fairly central (1km from the city, 3km from train station) a reasonable price, and had very good reviews.
    Bus number 6 from the airport to the train station then bus number 51 to Via del Galletto and walk 100 metres. I had just missed the No.6 bus, so had a wait of over 30 minutes (at 2100 hours), so got a taxi from the train station (11 euros).

I was met by the owner Luca, who said for me to follow him, I was a bit puzzled as to why I wasn't going into the B&B, we walked down a pathway, then crossed a road, which ran alongside a narrow canal - it was a bit misty, and I was still wondering where we were going. After a few metres we stopped at a detached house, with Christmas lights. I was shown to a room, and then the bathroom, shown how the various keys worked, and told that breakfast was back at the B&B next morning. I was given a map (I hoped that I could remember my way back) with bus and train time tables. I paid my bill - 36 euros for a private single room - well it was a private single house, as I was the only guest!

The owners Luca and Rossana offer 3 types of accommodation-The B&B, an Apartment on Via Santa Bona Vecchia 85 and the Rooms, where I stayed on Via Lorenzo Celsi 2.

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed - I think it was because of the info on the web site describing such a warm friendly place to stay, and the reviews from guests- perhaps my expectations had been too much.
    Luckily, I'm used to living by myself, but for someone else, it could have been quite daunting- even for a couple or family, to be 'abandoned' in the night, without knowing their surroundings. Luca had mentioned having to be at the hospital early in the morning, so this could have been the reason for the hurried 'check in' or it might be due to being off season (December 22nd)

However, my room was spotlessly clean, warm and cosy, and next morning I found the B&B OK. A boy let me into the property, and I was served a good breakfast-I was the only one there, and felt a bit uncomfortable, as he hovered around - I felt that he was only there waiting for me to eat and leave. It turned out that there were other guests - a family of 4 and a couple, who he was waiting for.

All in All, I think that I would return here, despite my initial disappointment.

It is about 1.5 km /15 minutes walk into the centre, but there are regular buses running into the city and the train station. It's quite a pleasant walk.
    There is a Tabac near the bus stop to buy your ticket for 1 euro (valid 70 minutes) or pay the driver 2 euros.

Unique Quality: My accommodation was a detached house, in its own garden. To the back was a patio area.
    It's in a residential area, on a road that leads into the city. I quite enjoyed watching the locals cycling into work. Some traffic noise, but not too bad.
    The B&B was restored in 2008!

My room was quite spacious with a double bed, writing desk/dressing table, clothes rail and shelf, and TV (Italian channels only)
    The bathroom was next door to my room, with shower, WC, bidet, wash basin, hairdryer, heated towel rail -oh and a washing machine!
    Towels provided plus liquid soap, shower gel/ shampoo and shower cap.

There was a lounge with comfy settees.

Breakfast was coffee or tea, fruit juice, cereal, yogurt, freshly baked bread, butter, cheese spread, jams, honey, croissant and cakes, and fresh fruit. The owners pride themselves on the quality of local produce provided- check the web page for more info!

There is also the chance for some pampering- sauna and massage, manicure, pedicure!

Bike Rental- 1 euro 2 hours or 5 euro for 1 day
    Laundry service
    Transfers arranged from Treviso (10 euros 4 persons max) or San Marco airports (30 euros max of 4 persons)
    Free Car Park
    Pets accepted
    Babysitting service
    Internet access
    Bar
    Meals on request.
    Video lounge
    Visa Mastercard accepted

Directions: North West of the city. Bus No 51 from train station.

• &B DolceVita Treviso

Though we were there for only 1 night, this was the best hostel we stayed in Italy. The owners are wonderful people who made their best to make our stay as good as possible, and Treviso is a charming and cozy town, not too far from Venice (~35min). For those who want a more relaxing experience, it´s just perfect. Oh, if you arrive later than 30min you´ll need the transfer... by the way we forgot to pay them for it, sorry!Congratulations and our best regards to Rossana and Luca.

Unique Quality: - Relax
    - Hosts

Directions: It is a little further out of the town then i thought : 1 km about

• B&B in Treviso cheap and friendly

Wonderful Place to stay, very friendly and helpful, really clean and comfortable, would recommend this place to anybody. Stay here if you have a Ryan Air flight the next morning, and they will drive you to the airport for 8 euros

Unique Quality: try body massage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like at home

Very friendly family running the place! Really enjoyed the area and was greeted very warmly from the moment we arrived until we left

Directions: outside the walls