Ai Mori D'Oriente Hotel Venice

Ai Mori d'Oriente Hotel
Orbitz.com Booking.com Ai Mori DiOriente

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• 4* at 3* price

Arrived 2100 on a dark January night to find a welcome pool of light and warmth in what seemed a slightly gloomy area. Next day woke to find this was a delightful hotel in an area of Venice where the Venetians live. Lovely room and service. Easy access to Grand Canal.
    Would definitely use hotel again as does great winter deals.

Unique Quality: Excellent Hotel right on a small canal, quiet but with easy access to everything

• Less expensive luxury

This place was really really nice; top notch service, plush rooms with lots of ammenities...the location was a bit far from the main tourist stops in canareggio (piazza san marco, etc) but close to a vaporetto stop and only 15 minutes (if not less) to Murano and Burano, which are just as nice, if not nicer, than the main tourist stops.

Unique Quality: The facilites were very nice

Directions: Canareggio

• Moresque Venetian Vacation

This hotel has been just opened in Sept. 2003. Friendly and professional staff. Quiet location. Outstanding service. Rooms are very clean and our room #101 is really big , we asked to have it with the private terrace overlooking the canal.

Directions: Ghetto District

More about Ai Mori D'Oriente Hotel Venice

Five Star Hotel!! 2 thumbs up!

by TripAdvisor Member Edmond_ET

We stayed for 2 nights at the Ai Mori d' Oriente and it turned out to be the hightlight of our trip to italy. I miss the hotel already the moment I step out. I am overwhelmed by the detail-oriented service - from the best bubble bath provided, the friendly and cute front desk staff, the excellent choice of restaurants recommended by staff, the detailed map provided, the beautiul rooms, the little card that indicates weather forecast for the next day, the hot denish (can you imagine that even the boiled eggs are still warm!!). It is all the little things that add up together that makes our stay unforgettable and a true 5 star hotel experience!

Look - if you are too lazy to walk for like 15 minutes, then don't even bother traveling. You should kick back relax and stay home.

The nieghborhood is quiet but safe. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel. I have high expectation and I found that the hotel has well exceeded my expectation in all perspectives. Will definately go back.

Keep it under your hat....this place is perfect

by TripAdvisor Member Catwoman077

Booked this hotel purely on the basis of the rather wonderful reviews on this website...and found to our delight that it was all true. We stayed for 3 nights in mid-January…

Okay, here's the stuff you really need to know
1) Location: Really good. The Cannaregio district is very picturesque, quiet without being dull or out of the way, and you feel as though you’re experiencing the real Venice. It’s a very easy and enjoyable walk from the Ai Mori D’Oriente to the Piazza San Marco area and all of the other sights. If you haven’t been to Venice before, don’t be put off by the fact that Cannaregio looks “off the beaten track” – we were so glad we’d stayed there and not the rather touristy, cramped hotels in San Marco surrounded by souvenir shops.

2) Price: Excellent value. Using the QuickCheck facility on TripAdvisor, we ended up paying just over £200 for a double room for 3 nights. That’s about £34 per person per night for bed and a delicious breakfast every morning (more on that later) in a 4* hotel. After the first night we found that the deluxe room overlooking the canal was available and decided to upgrade– it wasn’t much more expensive and was well worth it.

3) Food: Divine. The Ai Mori D’Oriente only has breakfast facilities and a cosy bar, but that was fine for us as we wanted to explore and eat out anyway. I gather that inclusive breakfasts in Italy tend to be simply rolls and coffee…the Ai Mori has gone above and beyond the call of duty in its breakfasts as they are superb. First morning back at work and I was immediately pining for the mouth-watering savoury pastries and ethereally light croissants and pains au chocolat. There is also fresh fruit salad every day, really good quality hot chocolate, tiny rolls with all the usual suspects in terms of things to put on them, several cereals, 3 different fruit juices, yogurts, cheese and a selection of cooked meats. There are things like omelettes and bacon that you can order which aren’t included, but we didn’t need to – this breakfast was the perfect start to the day.

4) Service: Very professional. Despite the fact that my boyfriend and I had rucksacks and generally wore jeans, there was none of the snobbery you sometimes encounter in upscale hotels. The staff are all immaculately turned out, and very helpful. I can confirm the reception staff are indeed “cute” (as mentioned by another reviewer) and all speak excellent English. The lady serving at breakfast was so friendly and smiley it added a great deal to the already positive atmosphere.

5) Rooms: Gorgeous and well-appointed. The theme of the “Mori” – Silk Traders and the exotic East (Byzantium was a major trading partner with Venice for many years) is continued throughout the hotel. The walls are covered in silken fabrics in rich colours, the patterns are swirlingly evocative and the attention to detail is incredible, from the souk-like lamps to the borders in the bathroom to the marquetry furniture. You feel as though you’re in a film set. The deluxe room we had (Room 101, amusingly) had a canopy over the bed, a loveseat and a chaise longue couch covered with cushions. You will by now have read other reviews about the miraculous light-in-the-wardrobe phenomenon which is really inordinately pleasing. The bathroom provides the usual toiletries, but also tiny boxes containing cotton wool balls, shoe-shine mitt, and even cotton buds. Bless them. In our deluxe room we also got an emery board and mending kit. My joy was complete. The bed was comfy, and the silence at night was total, apart from the bells.

6) General: As you’ve probably realised from reading the other reviews, the thing that marks this place out from the crowd is the little touches that show that the management really cares about creating a memorable stay for their guests. The dry-ice feature in the lobby, the candles outside on the windowsill, the fresh orchids on the breakfast table, the spotless cleanliness, the weather report card left on your thoughtfully turned-down bed when you return to your room… it all makes you feel like royalty. For food, try the Anice Stellato a 2 min walk from the Ai Mori. This was recommended to me by another TripAdvisor user and really is as good as he said.

7) Getting there: At Marco Polo airport, buy an Alilaguna ticket to Fondamente Nove for 5 Euros. ). Hint: do NOT pay 10 Euros for a ride all the way to San Marco. Then get the free shuttle from right outside the airport to the Alilaguna ferry stop. Take the ferry to Fondamente Nove - ask the chap driving the boat whether it goes there…some of them don’t. At Fondamente Nove, get the vaporetto on to Madonna dell’Orto (just one stop). Then ask for directions to Fondamenta della Sensa – it’s a short walk through beautiful squares and alleyways, and then you’re at the hotel. It’s easy – really not worth getting a water-taxi unless you have money to burn.

Apologies for the length of this review – just one thing left to say….Venice (especially in winter) is the most captivating place in the world. Enjoy your holiday.

A Dream Hotel!

This hotel could not get any better! Free wine at check in, a postcard in the evening with the next days weather, marble bathrooms, silk walls.... I could go on and on! The service and the atmosphere was excellent, and because we went in the winter the price was great. My husband and I decided it was like a mini-honeymoon!

Just perfect

by TripAdvisor Member biancastanford

This hotel is superb.

All the details are just perfect. The rooms are gorgeous with silk walls and the furniture is so intricate. The wardrobe even has a light inside when you open it up so you can see your clothes in the dark. There are also electric shutters so you can keep the warmth in winter and keep the heat out in summer without even having to lift a finger. The bathrooms are all marble and big, they have every possible appliance you need like, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bidet, huge sink as well as a big bath and shower.

It’s the little details that make this place so lovely, like in the evening when you go out to dinner they turn down your bed and leave you a little note to tell you what the weather will be like the next day.

The hotel staff are superb, the booked a lovely classical concert for us and were helpful with restaurant recommendations and when we asked for more bubble bath with in 5 minutes there were 10 more bottles at our door.

Breakfast was a huge feast of foods, ranging from croissants to cold meats and cheeses as well as hot foods which you could order. The bar was full of people playing chess and backgammon and they have every possible drink that you could think of.

Some people may be put off by the location of this hotel. It is in Carnegio which means it is about 20mins walk to St Marks Square. However we found this added to its charm as its out of the way of all the hussle and bustle of the more touristy areas and we got to walk around with the locals and shop in their little supermarkets which would not be possible if you were right in the middle of San Marco. And its important to remember that Venice is very small and everywhere is only a short walk away (if you have a map and don’t get lost which is very easy to do)

I can not rate this hotel highly enough and the price is amazing, we paid a fraction compared to other hotels.

The hotel was romantic and perfect, I just wished we could of stayed longer.

What a Find !

by TripAdvisor Member Lisa64

Truly an excellent hotel - Stayed here for 3 nights in January and couldn't fault anything. Checked in and were offered a welcome glass of wine in the bar while our luggage was taken to our room. Our room was in the annexe which was a 15 second walk away - how anyone could complain about being given a room here is beyond me. Our room was an unusual shape with a long entrance and a corner bathroom which was huge and very luxurious. Great comfortable bed -everything you could want in the room and spotless. Great staff - booked us a classical concert, restaurants and provided great maps/helpful information and also went to the trouble of telling us where not to go to get ripped off. They also provided a free water taxi over to Murano. All in all a great find and excellent value for money.
Tip : Shop around for the best rates - they varied by as much as GBP 50 per night - Octopus seemed the most reasonable.

Excellent choice

We chose this special hotel to be away from San Marco (personal choice) and were so glad with our decision. It was a little walk from both the lagoon side vaporetti and the Canal side vaporetti, making it ideal for getting to Murano, San Marco square and the train station. The front desk assisted us with suggesting a place for our arrival lunch, a wonderful restaurant for dinner and even a late night request for an open gelato shop! The rooms were really attractive and spacious, though our mattress was firm. We were right down the hall from the beautiful breakfast room which was convenient. Note: the noise level was elevated one morning when a departing group of about 20 were congregating....(maybe consider the annex). The location was wonderful for us as we liked walking among the locals in a save and friendly area, with absolute confidence in our surroundings! Getting to Murano was easy and worthwhile for us as we were interested in making glass purchases. Just use your transportation pass and board most anywhere. Catching the train to Florence was a cinch as the train station was just a 5-10 minute walk. Of course you can take a water taxi right outside the door, if you don't want to walk:). As a travel professional, I would book this again for both myself and my clients.

A Gem!

by TripAdvisor Member ramchalice

Recently spent three nights at the Hotel Ai Mori d'Oriente. I couldn't have been more pleased. A small, intimate hotel with a Moorish influence. The room was immaculate and beautifully and unobtrusively serviced. For a European single the room was generous; although it was without a view, I could care less. The bed linens were great! The bathroom was lovely, in white, gold & lapis tile, and with a bidet. The complementary continental breakfast was generous and served in a cozy dining room by excellent staff. The hotel is off the beaten track and for some this could be a negative, however, for me it turned out to be a positive. Venice is a walking city and this gave me the opportunity to get away from the tourists in St. Mark's and to see a real Venetian neighborhood, passing delicious little bakeries and handy markets and wine shops. I experienced much more of Venice because of this location than had I stayed at St. Mark's. Remember, Venice is relatively small. When I didn't feel like walking I'd just hop on the vaporetto and cruise "home" on the Grand Canal. Cheap and fast. Most visitors may cruise the canal once or twice, but I probably did it 10 times. A wonderful way to start and end the day. Also there are so many things to see and in different lights at different times of day,that you have to do it multiple times. Next time in Venice, it's where I'll stay!

Comments