Ai Tagliapietra B&B

Castello 4943, Venice, 30122, Italy

More about Ai Tagliapietra B&B

The place to stay in Venice

by TripAdvisor Member Fender57

The Ai Tagliapietra is a gem of a pension in Venice. Relatively unknown, it was not in Rick Steeves' guide and there weren't many reviews on Trip Advisor until a month ago. The owner, Lorenzo, has updated his website so maybe that will give his pension the added exposure it deserves. It's very reasonably priced for Venice, recently remodeled in a very modern tasteful style, very clean, and has AC (reccomended in Venice). A Venetian native, Lorenzo goes out of his way to help you. I had an issue with the laundromat a few doors down and Lorenzo called the owner and then checked later to make sure the owner showed up as promised. He provided us glasses of water on arrival, maps, advice, etc. This is the place to stay while in Venice!

Pass it Forward

by TripAdvisor Member riptidetraveler

I tend to do ALL my traveling research on Trip Advisor and yet have never posted my own review.... until now. It's my turn to give back, and there's no better property to start with than the Ai Tagliapietra Bed & Breakfast.

During our planning, I have to admit that we were slightly concerned with staying at such a small place (3 rooms) in the unknown world (to us) of Venice, but let me tell you it was probably one of the best decisions of our entire Italy tour. As the other reviews have mentioned, Lorenzo, the host, is so greatly accommodating. Here are a few specific personal examples:

1) On arrival, Lorenzo met us at the water bus stop, walked us to the B&B and provided us with a map and helpful area information including the nearest tourist sites, grocery store, laundromat and more. (Although don't assume this means you won't get lost... because you will. Accept it and enjoy it. My only tip in that regard is to leave plenty of time to get anywhere.)

2) Our breakfast time proved flexible when we woke up around 10:45am one morning and Lorenzo still provided us with delicious pastries, jam and coffee (I believe breakfast ends at 10 typically).

3) He provided his laptop 24-7 for internet access and offered us a way to burn our 4gb worth of photos and video onto a DVD (which he gave us for free). This allowed us to save our memory card for all the photos and video we planned to take at our next stop.

4) He gave us his account card with leftover minutes to use at the local internet cafe to print our boarding pass documents. He didn't let us pay a dime!

And that's a just a few examples. Overall, he's a genuinely nice guy looking to accommodate his guests in every way possible.

The common areas and our room were very clean and as someone else mentioned, fairly large for European standards. A simple, yet modern feel in both the room and bathroom.

Overall, I highly recommend the Ai Tagliepietra as your base when touring Venice. For the money, I don't think you can find a better value.

Oh, and if you end up staying there because of this review and find it as delightful as we did, please pass along your good reviews and we can give Lorenzo the business he deserves... Lorenzo, thanks again for everything!

Dave & Austin
Virginia, US

Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member LudlowBrightspark

We stayed here for 9 days in August. The room was spacious and simply but well furnished. Both the room and bathroom were spotless.
We arrived after 11pm but Lorenzo, the charming owner, came to meet us and after leaving our cases in our room took us out to find somewhere to eat as most restaurants close fairly early.
Breakfast was simple but good with excellent Italian coffee.
We really enjoyed our stay at 'Ai Tagliapietra'. I have been to Venice for the last 4 years staying at 4* hotels. Although the accomodation at 'Ai Tagliapietra' is, as you'd expect, simpler, it was as comfortable and the owner, Lorenzo, made it a much more enjoyable stay.
We cannot reccomend this lovely B&B enough and wish Lorenzo every success - he deserves it!

Excellent Choice

by TripAdvisor Member DeliaAnn

After reading all the other reviews, I have to agree. Cheap by European standards, clean bedroom, large bathroom and not too noisy. Very convenienly located. I agree with all the others though, the best thing about this place is Lorenzo himself. In all my travels I have never come across a host like him and I wish him all the best for the future. All that's left for me to say, is, that if you are looking for a place to stay then look no further you have found it.

Real Italian Hospitality

by TripAdvisor Member Seattle_Addie

Our experience at Ai Tagliapietra was wonderful. Venice was our first stop on our 2 week trip through Italy, so we arrived in Venice via the Alilaguna from the airport. Lorenzo, the owner, met us at the ferry stop and guided us to his place- you'll never find it if he doesn't!

Anyway, the place is wonderful: large rooms, all recently remodeled, clean and well kept bathrooms, and a good little common area for breakfast. Only 4 rooms at the place. The location is great, about 5 minutes walk from San Marco. It is so quiet at night that you can hear people's footsteps along the tiny streets outside.

Lorenzo is a great host. Breakfast every morning was simple but good; pastries and very strong coffee, which I love. He also offered great restaurant recommendations, guided us to a less touristy concerto, and helped us book our train tickets for our departure. He also allowed us to use his computer for internet and skype use. We also took the advice of a previous guest and borrowed a corkscrew and glasses for our gondola ride.

The other great thing about this place is the price- only 90 Euro per night. You won't find anything more reasonable in this area. If you are going to Venice, stay with Lorenzo- you won't be disappointed!

nice change

by TripAdvisor Member backfromeurope08

if your looking for comfort and personability, this is the place to stay. Lorenzo is very nice and he offers a very comfortable place to stay in Venice. if you stay here, you must eat at the restaurant across the street (it was the best meal we had in Europe and the most unique).

A real bargain

by TripAdvisor Member sylviaucl

Lorenzo picked me up from the waterbus stop and helped me with my luggage. The place is literately 5 mins walk from St Marco square. And amazingly tidy and nice for a B&B.

He let me use his laptop with internet. Also I have access to a kitchen area where I can make tea and coffee - all provided by him.

He gave me many useful tips for where to visit - also don't forget to ask him for recommendations for restaurants.

Really enjoyed my stay and will definitely go back! The price/location/every thing is a really bargain!!

Perfect Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member londonboy2008

I can only mirror what everyone else has already said. This place was perfect for a short stay in Venice.

My girlfriend and I only went for 1 night, and this was by far the best value for money choice I could've picked when you see the prices of other hotels/b&bs.

Lorenzo met us at the waterbus stop and took us back. The B&B is perfectly located 5 mins from St Marks Sq, even though it looks further then that on the map. The place was modern and clean and the room was really nice with an excellent en suite bathroom.

Lorenzo gave us some tips on places to look at ie: restaurants, coffee shops etc. which helped us out. The breakfast he gave was really nice, and you have free use of the kitchen for tea coffee etc.

This was a really nice experience and would definitely recommend it.

Ai Tagliapietra - Two Thumbs Up!

by TripAdvisor Member California_traveler2

My husband and I stayed with Lorenzo for 3 days in October. His small bed and breakfast is just as others' have described it - clean and quiet with comfortable rooms. Lorenzo himself is a superb host, who prepared us a nice Italian-style breakfast (rolls, juice and delicious coffee) each morning, and graciously allowed us to use his laptop. Like all addresses in Venice, it can be hard to locate Ai Tagliapietra by street address. This is normal for Venice. It was NO PROBLEM though, since Lorenzo met us promptly at the vaparetto stop when we arrived and lead us to the B&B. Once you're there, Lorenzo can point out the best ways to find your way back. Be sure to get a good detailed map of Venice before you leave home. Even so, you're bound to get lost at some point, but so what! Venice is absolutely beautiful, especially once you are away from the congested touristy areas. We highly recommend Ai Tagliapietra if you are looking for a "home away from home" from which to explore Venice. Bravo Lorenzo!

Very nice, very good value, perfect location

by TripAdvisor Member jeffk1_2000

At the risk of being redundant, we loved this little place. I agree with all of the positive comments that others have posted. Lorenzo himself makes this place very welcoming with all of his advice and tips (especially the ones about finding your way around). The use of the laptop is very helpful as well for checking travel plans.

Comments