Al Ponte Mocenigo

S. Croce 2063, Venice, Veneto, 30135, Italy

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• vhien16's Profile Photo

Venice's Best Nests

Strategically situated in the heart of the Venice, Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo is housed on two floors of an old Venetian building.

The peaceful environment, filled with history, is combined with helping hand and courtesy of the owners, contributing to make every guest's stay in Venice unique and unforgettable.

Aesthetic design from times past is accompanied by high quality services, such as the beautiful Turkish bath with chromotherapy, which the hotel provides to rejuvenate guests' bodies and minds, and the possibility of high speed Internet connection in every room.

Unique Quality: The hotel offers a typical Venetian atmosphere in 10 single and double rooms, where tradition and the most modern comfort blend together in harmony.

Guests can relax in its rooms furnished in a style which was very much in vogue in 18th century Venice, with big beds, chandeliers in authentic Murano glass and varnished furniture with pastel green, cream and gold dominating. Splendid exposed beams and original Venetian flooring or parquet complete the atmosphere.

All rooms are for non-smokers, soundproof and feature private bathroom with hairdryer, individually controlled air conditioning, satellite TV, mini bar, safe, ADSL Internet connection and direct dial phone.

amenities:

Luggage room
    Multilingual staff

Tourist information
    Turkish bath

Directions: The hotel is just a stroll from the Rialto bridge, behind the beautiful San Stae church, in a characteristic and calm area of Venice, off the conventional tourist track, yet in the heart of the city.

More about Al Ponte Mocenigo

Loved the Al Ponte Mocenigo

by TripAdvisor Member kiters

We have just returned from this hotel, and it was superb. I am afriad that the log Beware Room 2 was totally misleading DO NOT be put off, this is a gem of a hotel, beautifully restored, excellent rooms with fantastic furniture and drapes, and wonderful hosts. You do really get a taste of Venice here, fantastic Book it, we will again without a doubt.

You'll love these guys!

by TripAdvisor Member ltbergren

We were very pleased with our stay at Al Ponte Mocenigo. It is very easy to reach via the #1 vaparetto (water bus), just a block away from the nearest stop. The hotel is nicely appointed--but be prepared for big, bold Venetian colors (our friends were in the bright red room; we were in a more subdued gold). Bathrooms were extraordinarily clean. There is no view other than other buildings RIGHT beside you, but while in Venice, your goal is to be out and about, right? From Al Ponte Mocenigo, you can catch a waterbus and get anywhere you need to go within 20-30 minutes.

What made our stay worthwhile was the great breakfast (included), fabulous cappuccino, and excellent service. The guys who run the hotel are also at the front desk--and it shows. Two of them speak very good English. I thought I had left my trinkets for my daughters in the hotel room, and Walter was ready to go out shopping for me to replace them when they could not locate them. (They turned up in my suitcase pocket!) Now that's service...extending even to a former guest.

In the evening, you can buy a glass of wine or other drink and sit in the small area outside. We finished our trip to Italy by leaving Al Ponte in the wee hours of the morning via water taxi (a 90 Euro ride) and our cab driver picked us up just outside the hotel lobby! It was a great way to finish a wonderful trip--dropping us about three blocks from the terminal.

If you can't afford a nice hotel right on the canal, Al Ponte Mocenigo is a great option.

P.S. The winding streets can be confusing. Best to return to the hotel via vaparetto when you've been out and about. And the airport doesn't open until 4:30 am. No need to arrive before then, even for an International flight! (We could've arrived at 5am for a 6am flight.)

Wow - It was Perfect!!!

WOW - What an incredible hotel. The Al Ponte Mocenigo was one of the most wonderful hotels we have ever stayed at. My husband and I stayed there 4 nights in November. The room (we had the triple) was beautiful, romantic and very clean, looks just like the pictures, even better. We had a chance to peak in other rooms when they were vacant, while they were cleaning them, and every room we saw looked great. Every person from the hotel that we spoke with was extremely helpful and informative and had great suggestions for restaurants and areas to explore. The courtyard (where we had breakfast in the morning and relaxing drinks at the end or our day) were romantic, elegant, in a word - perfect. All the reviews are true. I highly recommend this place. We were very sad to leave, and hope to return some day.

Fantastic Little Hotel

Booked this hotel for my boyfriends 30th birthday and we stayed there for a week in september and it was a fantastic little hotel. The hotel only has 8 rooms in total & it didnt have one room for the week so we had to swap rooms a few times but each room was beautiful.

The hotel is full of character, and the decor in each room was beautiful. The hotel staff were very nice and helpful. And the breakfast was divine - we got the most delicious warm croissants with apricot jam in the middle every morning which we both thought were fab. The little courtyard where breakfast was served was full of old statues and it was very charming. The location is perfect - very close (less than 5 mins walk) to a vaporatto stop. We had a lovely holdiay in Venice and I would definately go back and stay in this hotel if my budget would stretch to it!

Splurge on the Jr. Suite!

We stayed here 2 nights in October. The only thing we can add to the slew of excellent reviews is to get the Jr. Suite. It's palatial (and not just for Venice) spotless,lovely and a VERY good bargain. The only bad side was the dull neighbourhood - a little out of the way. Still, I'd stay again in a heartbeat and try the Big Suite.

Beware Room #2!!!

by TripAdvisor Member edesem123

I use trip advisor reviews as a guide when I am selecting a hotel, so I decided to post this review to warn others, since all the reviews for this hotel have been stellar so far. The reviews may be accurate if you get the right room, but we were assigned #2, and all I can say is Beware!

It is absolutely tiny, even by European standards - significantly smaller than a cruiseship cabin. There is a queen size bed, and maybe a 3 foot strip beside the bed (where there is a tiny desk) and along the foot of the bed. What makes it even worse is that the windows (2 little ones) look out on a brick wall that is about 2 feet away. Whenever we were in the room, we felt like we were in a dungeon, so we spent as little time as possible there. Thank goodness we were in Venice, so that wasn't a hardship! To add insult to injury, the price difference between this room and the other, apparently decently sized, rooms is insignificant.

To the host's credit, he did advise us by email that the room was small, but the note was worded in a positive way, and didn't mention the brick wall view. Also to his credit, he did give us a ten euro discount for each night (which we didn't ask for; in fact we didn't express our extreme disappointment with the room to him verbally at all, but he likely read our faces).

We had a few other problems as well. The shower barely drained (so that we had to keep turning off the water), which we reported, but they forgot to fix it until we mentioned it again on the 2nd day.

Also, for some reason, toilet paper seems to be at a premium here - we were only given 1 roll, and had to ask for another one when we ran out, which I found embarassing, and not very professional on their part.

The positives of the hotel are as stated in other reviews - a charming little courtyard, pleasant service, and a quiet yet convenient location.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend this place at all, and would definitely stay somewhere else the next time we are in Venice.

Best of our Italy accommodations

Perfect location for getting around Venice. New hotel with perfect rooms conveying the Venician atmosphere, easy access around the facility, wonderful breakfast, great host in Walter. It set the tone for our stay. We spent nights in Rome, Florence, and Venice during our trip and this was by far the best of our three locations. We have four children - they too enjoyed the hotel. Most economical of all our hotels too. I highly recommend it for a stay.

I love this hotel!

My husband & I stayed here 2 nights in November. We had a beautiful, quiet, clean, big room. The hotel was thankfully about a 10-15 minute walk from all the touristy chaos and we had fun finding our way home at night.
The hosts are very sincere & helpful.
We would definitely stay here again. It is such a great value for Venice.

No Need to Look Further - Perfect & Unbelievable Value

by TripAdvisor Member davispeets

Thank you fellow reviewers for leading us to this charming hotel in Venice. We stayed 3 nights in Sept. - our room was quiet and very large (we had the room directly behind the reception desk - I think #1. The bathroom (the pictures of which sold me on the place) was spotless and of high quality - bathrooms are important to us. I was skeptical of what I would find once I got there because of the low price, but the pictures looked great (also check out venere pics) and the reviews were good. In the end, it was truly elegant and exceeded my expectations. We overslept the first morning, even having the room right by the beautiful courtyard where breakfast was held, and completely missed breakfast but Walter still made us cappuccinos and croissants. Nice service!

by JoMack

Hia, we are planning to visit Venice for 3 days this October. Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo? If so any tips or comments as we haven't booked it yet!
We would also appreciate recommendations for good cheap places to eat (and drink!)
Any other tips would be appreciated, I have read the other posts and have heard about the wellies !
Cheers
Jo Mc

RE: Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo

by caitlinmum

Hi Jo

Check out http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187870-d558796-Reviews-Hotel_Al_Ponte_Mocenigo-Venice_Veneto.html there are about five reviews, all extremely positive. I am booked in for Sept for 5 nights and cannot wait! M

Comments