Alla Salute da Cici

Priceline.com Booking.com Venere.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 46% more and rated 21% lower than other 2 star hotels

• After hours

The hotel is good, but still: I will never come back again. First things first though. The hotel has lots of rooms, has a spacious lobby with comfortable chairs and a large outdoor terrace for the (inconceivably insignificant) breakfast. The rooms are basic but clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful, The young lady at reception is kind, efficient and speaks fluent English. The location is at a very (!) quiet fondamente, near the Salute, far away from the beaten touristy tracks. From the train station, you can take the scenic route via the Canal Grande (vaparetto line nr.1) and get off at Salute (12th stop; one stop before Piazza San Marco). Less scenic, but much, much faster (i.e. for if you have to catch a bus or train) is with line 52 to Zattere (only 2 stops from bus station Piazzale Roma) and walk for 10 minutes. The special offer of only 90 euros per night (minimum of 3 nights stay) is remarkable, but you will likely be assigned a room in the attachment in the backyard.

Unique Quality: Unfortunately I experienced lots of loud radio and TV noise from the local neighbours, but also from other hotel guests. The hotel closes at midnight, and you will have to ring the doorbell to get in. Nobody told me this, so when, on my first night out, I arrived at 02:00 hours, everything was shut. I ran the doorbell: nothing happened. I rang again: nothing happened. And again, and again. I experienced a mild panic attack, since the idea downed on me that I was going to spend the night outside on the very pavement. I had to ring the doorbell for about half an hour, before the night porter, scarcely dressed in boxer short and T-shirt - let me in. This charade repeated every night, though the guy got slightly used to my nocturnal habit, and at one point I only had to wait for 5 minutes. Admitted, different boxer short every night...

Directions: very near the grand Basilica S.M. de Salute

More about Alla Salute da Cici

A pleasant hotel

Hotel alla Salute was a pleasant hotel with a great location. We had a newly renovated room which was small but efficient. The breakfast is meager but more should not be expected for the price per night. If you don't like heat, make sure you request a room with a/c--not all rooms have it.

Disappointment

Don’t waste your money on staying at the Hotel alla Salute ‘da Cici’. Although the location is good and the entrance area is pleasant enough, this hotel bears little resemblance to the description on its web site.

We had two rooms: a single in the annex and a double in the main building. The single was one of the five new ones with air conditioning. The room itself was not too bad, just very small and with a tendency to flood from the shower. The air conditioning was off and the hotel would not switch it on even though the temperature was well over 30°C. Their excuses ranged from ‘we only put it on in the summer’, to ‘it’s not so hot now’, ‘the room is at the back of the hotel and in the shade’ and, wait for this it’s a good one, ‘you didn’t book a room with air conditioning’.

Our double room was a disgrace. We were expecting something like the smart and stylish rooms shown on the web site. Instead, we got a dirty, tatty room with nasty chipboard furniture that looked like relics from a student flat. Part of the shower fitting was broken, the shower tray filled faster than it emptied, there were holes in the door where hooks or rails had been removed, and we had the luxury of being able to use the previous occupant’s soap. I could go on but you get the general idea. The most uncomfortable aspect was the lack of air conditioning which meant that we had to leave the windows open at night. This let in the noise of late night revellers in the neighbouring restaurant and apartments. Although, to be fair, it is a pretty quiet area. Unfortunately, the open windows did encouraged the local wildlife to join us. This was clearly a common occurrence as the walls were covered in the corpses of squashed mosquitos. We had hoped that the resident gecko might have kept the insect population down, but it was more than the poor thing could manage.

The public spaces are also quite run down with worn and faded stair carpets, loose banister rails, chipped plaster, loose wiring and a general air of neglect. We never found the ‘elegant garden’, but we did have breakfast in a back yard with the aroma of the drains wafting over the tables and bamboo screens failing to disguise the corrugated plastic roof.

We do know that Venice is an expensive place to stay and that the buildings need a great deal of maintenance. But you do expect some Italian style and charm for your money and you do expect the place to look something like its promotional material. For us, the Hotel alla Salute ‘da Cici’ failed to deliver on both counts.

Great location

I was Alla Salute in Venice with my wife, and I must say that this city is really the only one in the world, and the location of this hotel is perfect to enjoy it.
We reccomend and suggest this place.
Thank you.

Lovely time.....

My family stayed too short time at Da Cici. We had a wonderful time remembering our time over 40 years ago.
Venice is even more beautiful than we thougt.
We shall hope to stay Alla Salute again one day.

We'll never forget our stay at Da Cici

We'll never forget our stay at Da Cici Alla Salute:
My family of four enjoyed very much this Hotel and this unic city.
Very quiet, clean and friendly....you feel like at your home.
We recommend very much this house.

We came to stay for the opening of the Venice Biennale

We stayed at this Hotel for the opening of the Venice Biennale International Art Exhibishion, and we like to express our warmest thanks for their hospitality- we (4 rooms) really enjoyed staying at Da Cici Alla Salute in a very special part of Venice !
We'll be back for sure.

Great base to explore the city

by TripAdvisor Member Jenny077

We have just returned from Venice after a 4 day break. It was fantastic and the Alla Salute da Cici is a perfect base to explore the city. The lobby area is nice and although the decor of the rooms was a little outdated, the sheets were changed everyday and everything was very clean. The breakfast is very basic, comprising of bread rolls with preserves and some very good coffee! But the rolls are not stale as some reviewers thought, they are ciabatta rolls which are crusty on the outside and soft on the inside. Because of the heat I felt this was as much food as I wanted anyway.

The best thing about the hotel is its location. Situated behind the Santa Maria della Salute it means that at night you can leave the noise and hustle of St Marks Square behind and have a good night sleep in a very peaceful and traditional part of the city.

I would not recommend this hotel for people who are looking for a luxury hotel - you need to pay a lot for that in Venice! Instead this hotel is perfect for people, like me, who really want a clean, convenient and comfortable hotel to use as a secure base from which to get out and about and explore Venice for real.

3rd star for staff

We unfortunately have to say that we were somewhat disappointed with this property. The staff however are tops. A good part of the canal our room overlooked was drained and being worked on, which had us up before 7 every morning. There was also garbage floating in the canal the whole time we were there. I would have to think that this hotel is very close to being classified as a hostel. Again, the staff is wonderful. For Venice, it is still a decent bargain.

Nice location but be wary of lack of a/c

We stayed here for two nights and liked the location. What we didn't realize was that not all rooms have air conditioning. The temperature was in the mid to high 30's and the room never cooled off much at night. We left the window open and were bit up by misquitos. There are a few rooms with a/c but they were all taken when we arrived. If its summer make sure you are aware of this in advance.

Comments