Calle Priuli Cavalletti 99-A/B, Cannaregio, Venice, Veneto, 30121, Italy

Satisfaction Average

Rated 17% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• nyperose's Profile Photo

Venice in October - with Aqua alta

I spent a week in Venice in October 2012, and stayed at the Alloggi Agli Artisti. The location was excellent for me because I arrived by train at the railway station Venezia Santa Lucia, and this hotel was just beside. The location was good also for another reason and that was because the lower part (Piazza San Marco etc) was inundated in the mornings and evenings because of Aqua alta - a phenomenon that often happens during the automn/winter -season in Venice.

The hotel is typically Italian - old-fashioned, but clean and comfortable. Both the room and the bathroom had a pretty good size and I even had a little balcony.

The breakfast was simple, but the choice was not too bad.

• Excellent value

Excellent location for a short stay, close to the train and bus stations. After booking a cheap flight to Venice, we were looking for 'low cost' accomodation, close to the bus station, to make it easier for our return journey, and to keep the costs down. We were not too concerned, as we only needed a place to sleep for a couple of nights, but we were extremely pleased with our choice. The room was surprisingly roomy, very clean, and had a few nice touches, not expected from a 2-star hotel---toothbrushes, slippers and large bath sheets, not skimpy towels! The continental breakfast was self-service, and the smell from the warming croissants was very inviting! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and their command of English was excellent. Although the air-conditioning on the 4th floor was not working on our first night, the hotel staff informed us, on arrival, and were extremely apologetic, as the temperatures had been extremely high that day, but it was fixed promptly the following day. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Venice, and will probably use it again myself, when I get another 'cheap' flight.

Unique Quality: Location. Close to stations, vaporetta, shops, cafes and restaurants. Friendly, helpful staff. Excellent value for money ( less than £30 per person per night, bed and breakfast, with en-suite)

Directions: just to the right of Santa Lucia station, narrow street between two shops

• Theocat's Profile Photo

Quiet Venice

Lovely B&B, the name means 'Hotel of Artists' (or as close as), and each room has a different famous print on the wall, which the room key fob corresponds with. It's located in Cannaregio, the quiet residential district of Venice, but is centrally located right next to the Ferrovia (train station), the Ferrovia waterbus stops, opposite the Ponte dei Scalzi which is one of the only three bridges to cross the Canal Grande and just across from the Piazzale Roma, Venice's bus station.

It's hidden away, down what appears at first glance to be just a gap between buildings, off of one of the main 'streets' in Cannaregio. Busy and bustling and packed with tourists, nevertheless the Agli Artisti is as quiet as can be.

The breakfast room is small, and upon leaving each day someone at reception will ask you for your preferred breakfast time - it's done in shifts so that they can fit everyone in. Breakfast is not extensive, but all the main ingrediants are there - tea, coffee, juice, bread rolls, cereal, yoghurts, fruit etc. The lady who supervised each day was a little abrupt, but I'm fairly sure it was more down to the language barrier than rudeness.

Unique Quality: Fantastically located, and so quiet, despite being off a main and one of the busiest streets. Brilliant for the water buses, trains, the main road and the bus station. Also one of the only places you can cross the Canal Grande directly.

Directions: From the train station, head towards the shops then take the first left (Calle Priuli) - it looks like just a gap between the buildings, but it widens out and the hotel is right at the far end

• gilescorey's Profile Photo

Budget Beds with a Heart

This Tiny "hotel" is on the "hotel alley" running just North of Venice's Train Station. At $80 Euro a night, high-season, I wasn't expecting the world - and that's a good thing.

The narrow edifice is under renovation, as testified by the broken drywall that greeted our arrival and the loose wiring that seemed to crawl from every crevice. I was a bit taken aback upon arrival. The room, however, was well appointed and not un-stylish. IKEA lamps on the nightstands and a renovated, modern private bath. Parquet floors always make me happy, and the room included cable television and respectable A/C. A disturbing stain above the double bed, however, made me nervous, as it implied either incredible sexual exploits, or domestic violence.

Overnight, the cheap steel frame of the bed took it's toll. Entirely uncomfortable. But, I was wearing earplugs and woke feeling fairly satisfied with the Inn, particularly with the cozy balcony overlooking the street. My partner, however, not sold on earplugs, spent the night listening to our drunken neighbors barf into the bidet, and the incessant drilling and crashing of the hotel's renovations - resulting in a demand that we switch accomodations. I paid for two nights, as required, rather than the one, cursed the paper thin walls, and transferred us up the block to a hotel I was less satisfied with - for more money. Such is life.

Unique Quality: The Allogi has an Old World charm and a friendly staff. The room was clean and included nice flourishes - like paper slippers and complimentary toothbrushes. Truly, the little balcony was the nicest attribute. I say, bring earplugs and enjoy. Once the renovation is complete, this place will be quite the find, but, perhaps, twice the money. Time will tell.

Directions: I believe the Alley is titled, "Calle Priuli Cavaletti". It's just across from the first pedistrian bridge North of the "Ferrovia"/train station. The lighted "Florida Inn" sign is visible near the entrance of the alley, and will help you find this inn.

• MoreBarTime11's Profile Photo

Nice spot to rest!

A super comfortable room! We were so tired it did not matter! Price was right and location (near station) was perfect! It had a spotless share bath and a wonderful TV room! Great stay overall!

Unique Quality: Location was great!

Directions: Near train Station.

More about Alloggi Agli Artisti

Excellent food - don't annoy the head waiter

by Flying.Scotsman about Agli Artisti, Ruga Giuffa

As my wife and I were eating a very nice meal in the Agli Artisti on Ruga Giuffa, I said that I would have to recommend it on Virtual Tourist. No sooner were the words out of my mouth when the head waiter (possibly the proprietor) started arguing with a German couple who had been given the wrong order. The couple eventually gave up and ate what they were given. For the next 5 minutes the waiter looked very annoyed. When we got our bill we were overcharged and when I pointed this out, the same waiter grudgingly corrected the error without apology. Having said this, the food was excellent, the rest of the staff very friendly, and the decor was lovely. All in all, a good experience. It appears that there is a small hotel near Santa Lucia Station with the same name. They are in different locations. There is a fixed menu for 19.50 euros (seafood was slightly more), starter, pasta, main course and a dessert. I particularly enjoyed the veal.

Inside Agli ArtistiInside Agli Artisti

Cà Elena in Venice any good?

by periwinkl

Hi Everyone

I'm planning to stay in Venice 3 nights during Carnival time and have already booked Alloggi Agli Artisti "http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187870-d324523-Reviews-Alloggi_Agli_Artisti-Venice_Veneto.html" for its favourable reviews and good location.

I've been trawling further and found this place called Cà Elena http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/C%25E0Elena-Venice-21227 which is comparable to Alloggi Agli Artistic in both price and location. The photos look much nicer for this hotel but it lacks reviews anywhere on the internet. I presume this is because it's a fairly new establishment and I was wondering whether anyone has stayed here before and could share their two cents?

Otherwise I would appreciate tips on Venice Carnival time and generally which you guys think I should go for, thanks!

by domenicococozza

Is this the same as Best Western St.Elena?

by periwinkl

I doubt it, I saw a lot of reviews that come up with my search but there's a place called Sant' Elena too apparently so it's two separate things. This new one it says on the Hostelworld blurb is newly renovated so perhaps that's why there's no reviews? Anyway I just wanted a go-ahead in case anybody stayed there before I book it..

by domenicococozza

Sorry, in that case I cant help

Comments