Alloggi Gerotto Calderan Venice

Campo San Geremia 283, Venice, Veneto, 30121, Italy

HostelBookers.com Hostelworld.com

• cpiers47's Profile Photo

Convenient Location

I stayed here for one night in June. I was amazed at the price (45 euro) for a single with private bath. During high season, that is an amazing deal for a great location. I chose the hotel for its proximity to the station as I was backpacking and had limited time in the city. I didn't want to spend time in transfers. As I arrived in the morning, I was able to leave my backpack in the lobby with a huge stack of others until my room was ready. The desk staff was friendly and helpful.

Unique Quality: When I was able to move into my room (before the 2pm check in time), I was amazed. It was marvelously clean, with a beautiful and comfortable double bed and a spotless bathroom. That level of cleanliness in a budget hotel was a great treat. Everything in my room (called a single private) appeared new.

There wasn't much room to move around the room as the bed filled most of it. But, that doesn't matter in Venice! I was out walking around almost the entire time. I would certainly return to this hotel on future trips to the city.

Directions: From the station steps, head left into the city. Travel Rio Tera Lista di Spagna from the station a short distance to Piazza San Geremia. The entrance is on the eastern side of the piazza, almost in the corner.

• YUCK!

My best friend Nicole and I stayed at the Casa Gerotto (aka Casa Crap) from June 20 - June 24, 1997. Of all the places we stayed during on 7 weeks in Europe this was the only hotel that was recommended to us by a family member. We decided to heed their advice and stay in this "cute" place...well, we should have made our own arrangements! We booked our room a few months before we actually arrived. We were told that once we got to the train station that Marta would pick us up to go to the hotel...Little did we realize that when she said "pick us up" she ment meet us to walk us back to the hotel...Which was not far from the station. We arrived we were told that the room we had booked was unavailable and that they would put us in a larger room with a bathroom, however we would have to pay extra! We were tired and quiet angry and as soon as we made it to our room, Nicole told me how she was going to go tell them off...That was until we got downstairs to their "office", aka kitchen, and the little old lady there was too cute to yell at. We decided that we would stay in the larger room for two nights (with out extra charges) and then move to our original room when it was available for the additional two days. Little did we know that we would have been better off staying in the original room and paying extra! The second room had no screens on the window, overlooked a disgusting court yard and we both had over 100 mosquito bites!

Unique Quality: I really can't say that there was anything unique about this hotel. Their website shows pictures of the rooms and I swear that they still have the same bedspreads on the beds from 9 years ago. Although, it was close to the train station, which is a plus since you don't have to lug your luggage all the way around the city, I would definitly recommend finding a better place, unless this hotel has been totally revamped in the last 9 years!

Directions: Walking distance from the Venice Train Station...Good thing because there are no cars in Venice!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Alloggi Gerotto Calderan

On my short Italy trip in May 2005, I spent two nights in Allogi Cerotto Calderan. It is a basic guesthouse with clean and comfortable rooms in a central, but quiet location.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. My single room with private bath, but without breakfast cost 41 Euro per night.

Directions: The Alloggi Gerotto Calderan is located at the wonderful Campo St. Geremia; just about 5 minutes walk from the central train station (Ferrovia). The Rialto Bridge and St.Mark's Square are in walking distance.

Comments