Arlecchino Hotel

csordila's Profile Photo

A short walk from Piazzale Roma

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 11, 2008

In Venice to find a cheap accomodation is almost impossible, but this is very reasonable, by online booking a double room 250 Eu!! Located in the Santa Croce district. The rooms decorated in Venetian style and have either garden view ( and you can see also the ocean liners berth in the distance.) or a fabulous canal view. They are spotless and cleaned every day, however, very small.
The breakfast room is airy and light, overlooks a canal. Breakfast is simple and straightforward with a mix of Cereals and rolls, cheese, meat and yoghurt along with tea, coffee and orange.

Unique Quality: Very good location, 50 metres from Piazzale Roma bus station and parking place, 250 metres from vaporetto Nr.1 stop, and 5 minutes from the railway station.
Pets are allowed. All spaces are non-smoking. Children under 6 stay free when using existing bedding.
ASM garage at Piazzale Roma for cars, rates online 22-25 €/day

Directions: In the sestiere of Santa Croce (notice the Venetian spelling: "Crose"), not far from the Basilica dei Frari and just a short walk from Canal Grande, 250 metres from vaporetto number 1 stop, 50 metres from Piazzale Roma. ( Map on Photo 3 )

A charming convenience

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 17, 2007

The hotel was close to Piazzale Roma, which made getting to Venice both inexpensive and pleasant. The ATVO blue bus that you pick up just outside the doors of the airport drops you off right there. It took me a moment to figure out which direction to go to get to the hotel (as the bridges aren't always where you think they are) but around a corner and over one bridge and you are there. While I could tell others rooms weren't ready (the lobby was filled with luggage when I arrived), mine was on arrival and I was directed up. The keys are heavy, but you leave them at the concierge desk, so you never have to worry about losing it or having it stolen.

Breakfast was cold meats, swiss cheese blocks, hard boiled eggs, breads, cereals, butters, jellies, nutella, coffee, juice, tea, and freshly made hot chocolate, espresso, or capuccino.

I was there as a single, so I got the room seen in pics with the small pink walls. It was actually a bit more spacious than the pics, and enough for what I needed. It had a view out to the canal and toward Piazzale Roma and was quite charming. There were two windows, so if I wanted more air, I could have easily gotten it. There was a bidet and a toilet, sink, and a tub/shower combo, with no curtain. The shower head was detachable though, so it wasn't much hassle making sure I kept the floor dry. The furniture was charming, the closet an odd corner circle, again, enough for my needs. The elevator is small, but enough for a few people or 2 people with bags being a bit tight. The stairs weren't too difficult to manage, at least going down and the breakfast room is on the first floor (that's the second floor for those in the USA).

The staff spoke English (some better than others), and they were very helpful with any questions or needs. Overall, I was very charmed and pleased with the hotel.

Unique Quality: For Italian Breakfasts, it was one of the better for me. The espresso was quite nice.

I stayed here as part of the least expensive package deal, and my hotels were perfect. It's at the end of the 1 Vaporetto line, and if you take it, you can have a slow tour down the Grand Canal and see the sites while sitting in the front or back of the boat. It was a great way to get acclimated to Venice.

Remember, pack light for Venice. Getting over the bridges is a bear with a heavy suitcase, no matter wheels or no. It's not too much an issue with this hotel, but the less stress you have in getting to point b, the better.

Being single and female, I didn't feel any concern walking the streets alone. Expect to be twisted and turned around, but you can just look for signs to Piazzale Roma to get home.

Directions: when you get out of the bus, or off the vaporetto, head toward your right. Look for the path leading you off the piazzale between two news type stands. Turn right and go over the bridge, you can't miss it.

Jmorrisonsgurl21's Profile Photo

Good location but not totally honest

by written on February 3, 2006

The hotel location was ideal for those flying into Treviso airport. You can take the bus straight from the airport to the bus station in which the hotel is only a five minute walk. It's also very close to a great square for bars (St. Margheritas Square). Only problem is when we arrived they told us we were in their sister hotel The Olympia which is right down the street from the Arlecchino but the fact that it was not explained to us before hand when we booked in the Arlecchino that we might be put in the Olympia instead seemed a bit deceitful. The Olympia also had quite a bit of re-construction going on so it wasn't the quietest of hotels. The staff were quite friendly. The breakfast was not really a breakfast, a few rolls and some fruit. If you wanted anything such as Eggs or bacon you had to pay extra. I would recomend it for travellers not looking for anything especially romantic, just a decent place to sleep at night.

christine.j's Profile Photo

Good location,close to the train station

by written on October 10, 2005

I had booked a room at the Hotel Olimpia, but when I arrived I was told they had overbooked and I was put up in the Hotel Arlecchino instead.It's was right next door, not too bad. The room I got was a double for single use, so there was enough space for me. I have no idea, however, how two adults could squeeze into this room.
It was a small room, with a tiny bathroom. No shower curtain, which meant the bathroom floor was flooded after taking a shower.
The bed was small and there was barely space enough for my small bags.But you're not in Venice to spend too much time in your room, so it was okay.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included in the rate, several croissants, rolls, jam etc.

Unique Quality: What I liked best at Hotel Arlecchino was the location. I know many people want to stay right at St Marco's, but I prefer being close to the train station. It's about a five minute walk, very easy to find.My room faced a smaller canal, which I thought was just picturesque as overlooking St Marco's.

Directions: From the train station, cross the bridge across the Canale Grande and turn right, walk straight ahead until you pass the gardens on your left. Then turn left and cross the second bridge on your right.

Xemx's Profile Photo

A Three Star Hotel in Venice

by written on September 25, 2004

I chose the Arlecchino Hotel because it was one of the accommodations listed in the AirMalta Flyaway Tours brochure and AirMalta usually chooses good hotels for their tour packages. The hotel is in a good location - close to the Santa Lucia train station and to the main bus terminus in Piazza Roma (you can see the bus terminus from the windows of the hotel). It takes around 30 minutes' walk to get to St Marks from the hotel and 5 minutes to get to the Santa Lucia train station. There are also a couple of good restaurants close by.

I had a lovely view of a Venetian canal from my window. The (single) room was comfortable and beautifully furnished in a typical old Venetian style. It also had a safe, color tv, telephone and Minibar. I found the bathroom to be too small, although it was modern and very clean...this was one time I was happy to be on the thin side :-) The staff were nice and friendly. Breakfast was a small buffet but everything was nice and fresh. The hotel has a very small reception area but with no lounge. Apart from the size of the bathroom, I was very satisfied with my choice and I would choose the hotel again.

Directions: Outside the Sta Lucia train station turn left, then over Ponte degli Scalzi, turn right and walk straight down, turn left and walk along Fondamenta Cossetti, until you see the hotel.

It's also just off the main bus terminus in Piazza Roma.

Nearby Arlecchino Hotel

Arlecchino Hotel

• Arlecchino Hotel Venice

Address: Santa Croce 390, Fondamenta Delle Burchielle, Venice, Veneto, 30135, Italy

9 Photos of Arlecchino Hotel

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Arlecchino Hotel

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Venice Travel Forum

Need advice about Venice, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Venice and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Venice hotel reviews

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 9 Reviews
Hotel Becher
Hotel Antiche Figure
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
Ostello di Venezia (Youth Hostel)
Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 7 Reviews

Basilica di San Marco
Canal Grande
Ponte dei Sospiri
Things to Do
By water taxi (& private boats)
Gondola
Murano Island
Traghetto
Transportation
Walking (incl. city maps)
Food, wine and sweets
Ghetto
Burano Lace
Markets
Favorites
Street Sellers (fake products)
Other Islands