Bellini Boscolo Hotel Venice

The Boscolo Hotel Bellini
Booking.com Venere.com Orbitz.com

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Avoid at Any Cost

We recently Spent four nights at this hotel and, while it's conveniently located near the train station, bus station and the Grand Canal, I can not recommend it to anyone.
     Why? WiFi is a joke. You have to surrender your passport Each Time You want to use the internet and you can only access it in the hotel's lobby.
     Television? Great, if you know Italian. CNN is broadcast only prior to 6 am.
     Wake up calls? You have to physically visit the front desk, do not even try to Reach Them by the phone in your room ..... no one will answer.
     Bathroom? It has all the plumbing Necessary, But absolutely nowhere to put anything in the morning you'll need to prepare for the day. Hair dryer? You'd better get a stream of air from the mosquitoes That fly in through your windows!
     The room was so cramped We Could only unpack one of Our two suitcases. The bed was eight inches off the floor and, get ready ...... IT WAS INFESTED WITH BED BUGS!
     (The reason we stayed as long as we did is That We confused our "bites" with Those of the mosquitoes. A Visit To Our dermatologist returning home after the bed bug Confirmed diagnosis.)
     So, Unless you care to come home bitten from head to toe or enjoy visits to your dermatologist or your luggage HAVING / home fumigated, I'd stay clear of this claptrap poser.

Directions: Near the Ponte di Scalzi (Scalzi bridge) and the Venice train station

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

Very short walk from the train station

Up scale hotel in a great location. Really nice hotel with an excellent breakfast. Also it has a great location, exit the train station and turn left/east 200 feet on the left. Even if you have a lot of baggage it is easy.

Unique Quality: Excellent hotel and location.

Directions: Exit the train station and turn left/east 200 feet and it is on the left.

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

Well situated to the Main Train Station

A 4 star hotel within easy walking distance from the train station. Overall an excellent hotel.

Unique Quality: Easy access to everything and well situated just off the Grand Canal.

Directions: Walk out the front of train station and then left for approximately 300 meters and Bellini is on the left side.

• Convenience in Venice

The main attraction to the Bellini is its convenience. On arrival by bus from the airport you are dumped in Piazzale Roma which is only a 5 minute walk to the hotel over two bridges. We noted many tourists looking confused and waiting for taxis or canal buses to take them to their hotels. Within 15 minutes of getting off our bus we had checked into the Bellini and were out again exploring Venice. Just 100 yards from the Bellini’s front door is the railway station (no noise of trains) and one of the main canal water bus stations (your real entrance to Venice).

The area surrounding the hotel is full of shops and restaurants and plenty to explore.

The rooms are ok, maybe a bit small, but who spends all their time in a hotel bedroom when in a city like Venice? The beds were comfortable, the room clean the bathroom fine (though the plumbing was inclined to rattle a bit). The staff were courteous, friendly and helpful and spoke English well.

We only ever ate breakfast at the Bellini which at an extra 18 Euros was a bit expensive though there was plenty to eat and what there was was good.

We would certainly recommend the Bellini and use it again.

More about Bellini Boscolo Hotel Venice

GREAT LOCATION

Have just come back from two nights at the Hotel Bellini, and I found the hotel to be excellent. It's in a great location, only a few hundred yards from the railway station, and the standard of service was excellent. Rooms are a good size with all the amenities you could want. I could detect no sign of the smells mentioned by your previous reviewer. All in all, a good base from which to explore Venice.

Bellini deserves their four stars

I stayed three days at the Bellini with my girlfriend.
The hotel is located in the Cannaregio which is one of the more quiet parts of the island - which I personally think is a big plus. You get to see different parts of the island and you can avoid the very crowded San Marco.
The rooms are great - stayed in a deluxe room.
The amenities are few - but then again theres is no need for anything - you spend all of your time outside the hotel.
The staff is ok - no sucking up - but they are doing their job.
As noted in a former review flying in with ryanair is very good. You arive at the Treviso airport instead of the Marco Polo - but the buses arive at the piazzale roma.

generally a good hotel - but nothing more.

GOD....no....

I don´t know where to start. First of all, I didn't book this hotel but got transferred due to overbooking from the other hotel. I walked in the lobby and the sewage smell hit me like a storm. The whole hotel, especially the lobby and some part of the bar are full of those unpleasent smell. Then I headed to my room, hoping for the better. Oh My God. I just couldn't believe that I was in a so-called first class hotel. Seems like I was living at my parents´attic (actually my parents´attic is even better than that). Bathroom was old, no shower curtain, shower was not working properly. And worst of all, the smell was IN the room without me taking a dump. I seriously was disappointed and can´t imagine how people are paying EU250+ per night for this hotel.

Well, I did complain to the hotel and they did transfer me to another room which the deco and furnishing is newer but the smell is still there.

So, if u are actually considering this hotel, please PLEASE make sure they assign u to their newer wing of the hotel. The room I lived in the 1st night was 310 and the second night was 123.

Good Luck

Problems

WE stayed at the Bellini back in August 2002, the rooms were just beautiful.
The area surrounding was within reach of many things to enjoy.
We experienced one problem, our camera was taken from our room and we have never heard back about any type of reimbursement for our losed article. So be careful of what you leave in the room.

one week at Bellini

by TripAdvisor Member carlynhill

Its true there was, on some days, a slight smell in the area just beyond the reception however the staff were superb and the room was great. On arrival we were allocated a room oberlooking the canal which obviously the staff felt was a bonus however I'm a very light sleeper and as it also overlooked the rather crowded main street I was worried about the noise. I was allocated a lovely room which was ideal, just beside the internal courtyard and absolutely silent. The location was brilliant as we also wanted to visit Verona and Padua by train and ofcourse having the vaparetto boats right outside the front door made it a wonderful place to stay. I'd definitely return.

Comments