Showed up at the hotel 12 noon and asked if I could checked inbecause it was bitterly cold outside. They asked to see my passport and I was asked to fill in the relevant forms. Then I was told to come back at 1pm, because that was the time for check in.
At exactly 1pm I was back there. They gave me the key for room 208. Bad room!!!! The door is right opposite the elevator, so whenever people are waiting for the elevator you can hear their conversations clearly while you lay in bed. The pillows are rock hard. The room was nice and warm.
No point opening the window shutters. The window looks onto the neighbours stucco wall about 4 feet away.
The bathroom was tiny. The shower was powerful but placed in the middle of the tub instead of at the end.
The free continental breakfast OK. Coffee out of a machine. Bread rolls, croissants, cereals etc. The restaurant OK too. You can get starter, main course, beer for 20 euros.
Good location just off of St Marks Square. Staff could have been friendlier!
Directions: Enter St Marks Square from the boats drop off point. Head over square keeping Basillica on your right. Look for Caffe Quadri. Take the alleyway over small bridge and hotel on left.
this hotel has a great location. It is near the Grand Canal. It is just a few minutes away from the rialto Bridge and the Piazza San Marco.
Unique Quality: Breakfast is included in the room rate.
I ll be In vencice for a day and have selected Best Western Albergo San Marco
1. Is taking Alilaguna Boat from Marcopolo to San Marcos a good idea. I'll have a large Suit case and a trolley bag, so how much would I have to walk from San Marcos Stopt to hotel,
2. ON teh way Back I have to take a train to Florence so Can I use the Vaporetto for that purpose to reach Santa Lucia. Does it allow Luggage?
3. Is going to the rail Station and buying a ticket on spot a good idea
i ll be arriving 7th November and leaving teh next day
PS is it true there is greater propbablity that Venice would be flooded in these days
1. cant help you on that one
2. Yes you can take Luggage on the Vaporetto. Just be prepared to get off when it is time, as they do not wait long at the stops.
3. Yes you can buy a ticket a the trainstation. Look at www.trenitalia.com for schedules. On occassion the tickets for a particular train can be sold out and you will have to wait for another.
As for flooding---no promises on anything!
Enjoy your trip!
See this Link:
The flashing dot is your hotel address, and there are distances from boat stops. San marco giardinetti (little gardens) seems to be 267 meters... In direct line, maybe? But not more than 400, i's say, and without bridges, except the one near the hotel.
Have a nice honeymoon and... congratulations!
Campo Santa Maria del Giglio 2467, San Marco, Venice
Santa Croce 686, Venice
Calle dell'Aseo, Cannaregio 5768, Venice
San Polo 2542, Fondamenta Contarini, Venice
Latest Venice hotel reviews
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
Address: Piazza San Marco 877, Venice, Veneto, 30124, Italy