Bridge Hotel

Campo S.S. Filippo e Giacomo, 4498, Calle Sacrestia Castello, Venice, Veneto, 30122, Italy
Hotel Bridge
Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Venice

Via Garibaldi in Venice, ItalyVia Garibaldi in Venice, Italy

Santa Maria dei Miracoli - Rio side.Santa Maria dei Miracoli - Rio side.

Souvenir ShoppingSouvenir Shopping

Very nice size room at the Novotel Venezia MestreVery nice size room at the Novotel Venezia Mestre

Where to stay? Poppi (Lido di Jesolo) or Laguna (Mestre)?

by systred

Hi, I'll come to Venice for a few days visit from Istanbul.

The tour company I'll come with has two hotel choices: Poppi (in Lido di Jesolo) and Laguna (in Mestre). They are 4 star hotels.

Which one I should choose? Which one is nearer to Venice and easy to reach to Venice?

by SallyM

Mestre is nearer to Venice. Lido di Jesolo is about 30 mins by bus (depends on exactly where your hotel is though)followed by 40 mins by ferry from Venice.

by effeti

Well, where in Mestre?. Mestre is quite big, but generally speaking much closer to Venice, which is much easier to reach from Mestre than for Jesolo.

Jesolo, however, (in summer) is quite lively and enjoyable at night, and allow a refreshing swim after or before a long and tiring day in Venice.

Ciao
Francesco

by tango_jd

We stayed in Lido Di Jesolo when we visited venice a couple of years back.
We travelled 30 mins by bus and 30 mins by ferry to St Marks each day and it was a nice, easy journey. The buses go from the road behind the hotels and pick up along the way.
The 17 euro ticket took us on th ebus, ferry and back again PLUS all the vaporetti during the day.
We loved Lido Di Jesolo - a very laid-back and pleasant resort with more going-on than Venice at night and MUCH cheaper meals and drinks!

by tango_jd

We stayed in Lido Di Jesolo when we visited venice a couple of years back.

by systred

We are going to stay at NH Laguna Palace Hotel, on Viale Ancona 2 Street, in Mestre.

The other hotel is in Lido di Jesolo.

Although the 2 hotels are 4 stars, the one in Mestre is more expensive. I think that's because it is nearer to Venice, but I can't be sure. If I come in summer, I'll prefer Lido also for swimming, but between 01-03 May, I think we won't have that chance.

So I want to stay nearer to Venice as much as possible. Thank you very much for your answers.

Travel Tips for Venice

14-karat gold Gondolas

by kcochran111

Don't plan on taking a Gondola ride in Venice unless, of course, you're planning on shelling out over 100 Euro for the experience! Save your money and ride the "bus".

I was lucky enough to have my Dad spring for one when my family came to visit. It is a unique experience if it's a nice day and you don't mind the extra expense.

Go early or go late

by Hopkid

For a more pleasant experience, I would advise going to the major attractions either first thing in the morning when they open or shortly before they are going to close. There will likely be less people to contend with which will allow you to better view the art or views depending on where you go. This prettty much applies to the Campanile, Palazzo Ducale, the Basilica, and the Gallerie dell'Accademia. In fact the queues at the Palazzo Ducale start before the opening time so get there a bit early.

Spend the time during the day at places like the Frari or Scuola di San Rocco where a lot of the artwork is elevated so you usually don't have a blocked view if you can't get right up front.

We went to the Campanile in the late afternoon (closing time in March was 5:30pm) as there was no queue for the elevator. When we got to the top there weren't very many souls there to jockey for position with. It was a nice civilized experience and we didn't waste precious shopping/touring time waiting in line.

Island of San Pietro

by croisbeauty

Island of San Pietro, also known as Island of Castelleto, lies at the eastern end of Venice. It was one of the first part of the town to be inhabited by the founder fathers. Today it is probably the most pieceful part of Venice, visited only by the few tourists.

Be Romantic

by ICBT

Now, as I said, I'm all for being hopelessly romantic, and these two definitely fit the bill. But the reason I took this picture, and the reason I call it "Non sono intelligenti", is because she's got her feet dangling in the water. I wanted to shout out to her, "My God! Do you know what's in that water?" But I didn't want to ruin the moment.

Be prepared!

by eddilowe

Make a note of exactly where your accommodation is located.
Will you be spending a lot of money on a water taxi to take you as near as possible?
If not you will have to drag your luggage across bridges, through squares and down alleys. Wheels on your case are a must and travel as light as possible if this is how you plan to get to your accommodation. One big case with wheels and a little backpack is fine. Bring some wellies from home just in case Venice floods if you're going in that time of year. At least then you won't be confined to the duck boards with everyone else.

Also, comfy shoes or trainers as you'll be doing a lot of walking.

If you're going in winter take a hat, it can be bitterly cold, especially sightseeing out on the boats. The trip to Burano (1hr) was f-f-f-freezing. There are shops to buy this sort of thing. A lot of hotels will supply you with shampoos etc if you don't want to carry them in your case. Make sure you've got plenty of film or cards for your digital camera. A good guidebook with a good map for navigating the alleyways and help you locate anywhere you're planning to visit.

I have a fantastic guidebook from Everyman which has fold out maps of each district with useful information on tourist sites, cafes, shopping etc. The book code is ISBN: 1841590584. I wouldn't be without it, it goes with me every year.

Comments