Calle del Tragheto della Madoneta, 1434, Venice, 30125, Italy

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

House of the Angels

Ca' Angeli was the house which Angelo Scattolin (a famous Venetian architect, Chair in Architecture at the University of Venice, professor at the Academy of Fine Arts and Overseer of St. Mark's Church) used to live in. He blended the classic Venetian styles modern architecture to provide a perfect place to stay which is simple, rational and reflects the charm of Venice.

We did our research on places to stay while in Venice and we found ourselves really liking this place. Located on the Grand Canal and near the Rialto Bridge, Ca Angeli offers first class service, breakfast, charm and hospitality at a very reasonable price.

Unique Quality: Since the hotel is located on the Grand Canal, you have amazing views of Venice. Our room was fully furnished with cable tv, A/C, beautiful marble tops in the bathroom as well as a beautiful blend of classical/modern architecture. Included in our accommodations was a delicious breakfast every morning...what a great way to start the day.

Directions: Located near the Rialto Bridge, use Vaparetto #1 and get off at the San Silvestro stop.

• Maidstoneman's Profile Photo

Superb

After lots of visits to Venice I never thought I`d find accomodation on the Grand Canal that was affordable. Until I found this.

It is the top floor of a mansion on the Grand Canal. We had the junior suite which had two windows straight onto the Canal (see pics)

The website is wonderful as it shows bookings in real time and you can see if the room of your choice is available on the dates you want!

Unique Quality: Superlatives abound.

Fantastic views, spacious rooms, genuinely friendly owners, hearty breakfasts, and a location to die for!

Two suggestions:

1. Copy the map from their website. You`d never find it otherwise.

2. Take earplugs if you are a light sleeper. The hotel itelf is very quiet and the location too, but the Vaporetti stopping down the canal throw their engines into reverse to stop and it is surprisingly noisy.

Directions: 5 minutes walk from the San Silvesto Vaporetti stop on Line 1

• sgny's Profile Photo

Just O.K.

We stayed there two nights. The room was not cleaned one night. Breakfast buffet seemed alright. They billed the bathroom as having a shower, but it was a tub with a shower head on a hose. Couldn't use as a shower because there was no door or curtain around tub. Bathroom had angled ceiling which caused me to bang my head many times. Our biggest problem with this place was the fact that they do not take credit cards. They did for the reservation but not the bill. They inform you of this in a single line at the bottom of an e-mail. Never heard of this. Also, they have a 30 day cancellation policy instead of the normal 24-48 hrs. For 210 Euros a night we were not that pleased.

Directions: San Silvestro stop on the ACTV.

More about Ca' Angeli

A perfect location in Venice!

We spent 3 days in Venice in the hotel Ca´Angeli. The atmosphere
was very stylish, the view to Canale Grande is famous.
We felt very well. The host, family Wulten, is very friendly and careful.
We got a lot of insider tips about museums and good restaurants.
Osteria Antico Giardinetto can be recommended.The wine and the meals
are very tasteful.
At the end we can suggest everybody to come to Venice, to stay
at Ca´Angeli and to enjoy your holiday.
One tip: you must speak a little bit English in Venice, because
Italians don´t speak German.

Family Lutz from Germany!
12 th February 2005

A tucked away gem!

We have just spent 3 nights in Ca' Angeli, Venice. What a perfect location. This small family-run hotel is on the Grand Canal and yet so peaceful. The newly refurbished hotel felt just right the minute we pressed the bell and entered the courtyard. The lift took us up to the accommodation floor and there waiting for us was the ever-smiling Giorgio. Our bedroom, although not huge was very confortable and there was a beautiful ensuite bathroom. The decor of the hotel was very tasteful and we just felt so comfortable staying there. Ten minutes after our arrival, Giorgio had booked a restaurant for us and that basically set the tone of our trip! What a pleasure to return there after a day exploring beautiful Venezia. As jaded ex-airline crew what a pleasant surprise.

Enjoyed the stay!

My wife and I had the opportunity to stay here while visiting Venice during the 2nd week in February. Half of our trip was spent here and the other half at another hotel in Venice (which we stayed at strictly for variety and change of schedule reasons).

This hotel is located in the San Polo area 5-10 minutes from the Rialto bridge and the fish/vegetable markets. San Polo is more of a year round resident area rather than one containing many tourists. So you will find the crowds significantly smaller and the noise quiet. The shops were cheaper than ones found near St. Marks square as well as the restaurants which were more authentic and less touristy. In the evenings my wife and I found ourselves coming back to San Polo for meals and quiet walks even when we were staying at another hotel near St. Marks.

Giorgio provided restaurant suggestions which worked out perfect. He and Mateo were ready and eager to provide any help if needed, yet they were also laid back enough to not appear overbearing. We learned that this hotel is practically brand new as it just opened within the last year or two. The rooms were tastefully decorated yet simple. The bathrooms were quite large and modern for European standards. Everything was clean and well kept.

We had one slight issue which was resolved - Ca' Angeli only takes cash for payment. My bank was having problems for withdrawing cash so what I had on me was not enough to settle the bill even though my card would have covered it. Giorgio was quite accommodating on this and even offered for me to pay when I returned to the States. Surprisingly, we settled the bill using Paypal.

For those seeking a newly renovated, affordable hotel in a quieter part of Venice and you don't mind the walk to major attractions like St. Marks square then I recommend Ca'Angeli. We would definitely strongly consider returning when we come back.

Lovely Atmosphere

The hotel/house is magnificent and we have never experienced such incredible service before. It was so lovely that it was hard to drag ourselves away from the hotel to go out visiting Venice.
If you want to mix a little luxury with an ancient style then this is an absolute must

Would like to live there

I think it is impossible to find the correct words to express how happy we are to have found Ca'Angeli! Being a regular visitor of Venice, we can only hope to be able to stay at Ca'Angeli each time we visit Venice! Otherwise we would have to change the period, we would definitely not change the hotel! (I hope not too many people read this message because otherwise, I'm afraid we will have a problem finding a room at the Ca'Angeli ...)

Great Location, Welcome and Rooms

Ca'Angeli is very comfortable with beautiful furnishings and wonderful views from the main lounge right over the Grand Canal.
It is conveniently located near Rialto Bridge (albeit a bit difficult to find first time; note house numbers are per district - S. Polo- not per street).
Giorgio and Matteo give a wonderful welcome, and they even delivered some items we had left behind to our next hotel in Cortina.
One superior bedroom room has windows over the Grand Canal, but the room with terrace is a bit small for double occupancy (although the large terrace has wonderful views over the Venice skyline).

if you want to feel at home in Venice

This place has an absolutely charming ambience. Rooms, bathrooms, breakfast all are OK or near to perfect, but what makes this place special is the warm and comfortable atmosphere and the friendliness of the hosts.
The way the interior is furnished and decorated, down to the smallest detail, makes it clear that Giorgio and Mateo Wulten do very much like their place and in my opinion they have all reasons to be proud of what they have created here.
Apart from this the gem is the living room (might have been the 'living room' before) with a marvelous look upon half a mile of Canal Grande, from Ponte di Rialto down to Ca'Foscari and facing a row of Venetian palaces on the other side; the images on the website are quite correct but can't show the beauty of the view.
After having visited Venice several times in the past decades I think to have found the place where I hope to stay the next times and I have already recommended Ca'Angeli without hesitations to my friends.

Helmut Kamptner
Vienna

Wonderful B&B

by TripAdvisor Member Carol_SA

We stayed here for five days, 13-18 January,2004.
I can't say enough good things about the hotel or our hosts. Our room was spotlessly clean, as was the rest of the hotel and the furnishing are really beautiful. Our bathroom was spacious, bright and very clean and the shower was great. We stayed in room no. 2. We ideally would have liked to be in the room overlooking the Grand Canal, but we were very happy with what we had and would definitely stay there again.

Breakfast was lovely. There were various teas, coffee and hot chocolate,freshly squeezed blood orange juice and bottled water. Then there was yogurt, three cereals, honey and jam, pastries, rolls, bread, cold meats, boiled eggs..... now what more could you want for breakfast!

Best of all was the friendly welcome and helpfulness of our hosts. We had no sooner mentioned that were were traveling out of town by train when we had a printout of the train schedule. Restaurant recommendations turned out great. On our last day in Venice we were traveling on to Austria by train at 1am. We asked if we could leave our luggage at the hotel and pick it up late that night before going to the station and were told that we would be most welcome to return to the hotel to wait in the lounge if we had time to kill. We did return at about 11pm and was warmly welcomed with a lovely tray of tea and biscuits. Another lovely gesture was a box of venecian biscuits waiting with our suitcases and a weather forcast for the next few days printed off the internet. This kind of hospitality could never be expected in a big hotel and I think this just added a very special touch to our stay in a wonderful city.

Thank you very much Matteo & Giorgio.

Hotel Ca 'Angeli

by HildaP

we will be going to Venice in June and have made reservations at the Hotel Ca'Angeli...has anyone stayed there? I have read some great reviews but when I look at the web sites it just doesn't look all that great...HELP

RE: Hotel Ca 'Angeli

by wumatt

If You are in doubt see at the ca' Angeli Guest book web page:

where You can find over of twohundred handwrited reviews!

RE: RE: Hotel Ca 'Angeli

by HildaP

Thank you....I will but I am not in doubt any more...the more I research it the more good things I hear about it...so I am going to stay there. Have you stayed there?

Comments