Ca Dogaressa Hotel

Fondamenta di Cannaregio 1018, Venice, Veneto, 30121, Italy

Hotel Ca' Dogaressa
Expedia.com Hotels.com Venere.com

• Beautiful location

The hotel could not do enough for us. From the time of our arrival to departure they were truly amazing. We needed something faxed to Rome and they were more than happy to do it for us. The room was beautifully furnished as well as spotless. Included in the rate was breakfast on the canal which was delicious. It was in the prefect location. I would go here again.

Unique Quality: On a canal in Venice.

• jennwerner's Profile Photo

Beautiful Location Great Friendly Staff

Very Welcoming and very good location. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone looking for something nice within walking distance from the Train Station. There is also a vapertto stop really close by.
    From the moment we arrvied the place was beautiful. We told the owner we were on our honeymoon and he gave us a bottle of champagne. How nice of him. He walked us up to our room showed us how to adjust the temperature and where everything was.
    They serve breakfast canal side.
    The room is beautiful and comfortable (if you like a very firm matress). The staff is very welcoming and able to give advice on what to do in the area.
    The owner speaks better french than he does english and he will tell you that but his english is still very good.
    This place is really clean too.

Unique Quality: This place is great location and price. I would book it on venere.com We got our room for 115 euro a night and we were there in August. Check out my pictures and as always if you have any questions just email me...

Directions: Take the 42 or 52 Vapertto to the Gugli stop. Then its about a 2 -3 minute walk from there. Carnagio West.

• iloveitalygirl's Profile Photo

Great place to stay in Venice

Paolo and his family made this an incredibly comfortable place to stay. It was a little bit hard to find, but no more so than anywhere else in Venice. For one thing, it's off the beated tourist path, but still in the heart of Venice, so that made it even more special. I loved it here and highly recommend it! A very nice family and service was great. Rooms were very pretty also...very Venetian and wonderful. I would suggest booking in advance as there are only 6 rooms. It's worth it! Prices are VERY reasonable considering it's Venice, where all rooms are quite expensive.

Unique Quality: There is a rooftop terrace, but unfortunately, we did not go up there. Breakfast was served (croissants, lattes, and a variety of fruits, breads, and jams) on the patio. We watched cargo boats, as the hotel is overlooking Canale di Cannaregio.

Directions: Cannaregio district

• aqazi's Profile Photo

Great find in Venice

The rooms are great, very well furnished with a modern private bathroom. Breakfasts were served by the canal and were fine even thought the coffee machine was on the blink on our visit. The best thing about the hotel is its location, right by a canal without the noise, smell or tourists.

We couldn't reccomend the hotel highly enough. I immagine they'll be putting the prices up soon because for 85 euros for mid August this place was a steal. In any case book early!

Directions: About 10 mins from the railway station.

More about Ca Dogaressa Hotel

Easter weekend at Ca Dogaressa

by TripAdvisor Member Wassermann

Had a wonderful easter weekend at Ca'Dogaressa. My wife and I arrived spent a wonderul weekend at this little gem thanks to reviews on this site. The hotel is unimpressive from the outside, but our room, #5, overlooking the Cannaregio Canal was beautifully appointed, clean and spacious. Bathroom was light, large and airy.

Breakfast was croissants, juice and coffee by the canal each morning, the staff were wonderful and helpful and we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and other travellers.

Value was excellent as the hotel is located outside the triangle of tourism but was a 20 minute stroll from everything. Located a 5 minute walk from the train and another 5 to the piazzele roma.

What a fabulous surprise !

When you first get to Ca' Dogaressa you actually get dissapointed because the hotel's front is not impressive at all. But then you walk in, all your bad impressions are gone. The hotel is small but the rooms are just beautiful. The bathrooms are excellent. The hotel had a complete remodeling two years ago. Paolo, the hotel's owner, is very nice and always willing to help. Having breakfast right next to the canal is very romantic. The hotel is very close to the train station and also close to good restaurants and shops.

Great location, in agreement about the noise issue

We just got back from our stay at Ca' Dogaressa and had a fabulous time in Venice. The location of Ca' Dogressa was perfect for us-- right off Ponte Guglia, walking distance to the train station in a quiet part of the Canareggio. We loved walking up to the Fondamente di Misericordia to visit the bars in the evenings, and it was so simple to get over to the Castello and Santa Croce. The room was lovely and large (we were in an upper room without canal view- #7). I loved the bathroom and big bathtub. The owners do not speak much English but that was not at all a problem for us (one staff member spoke fluent English) and they were very kind and accommodating. Our only complaint is again the thin walls between the rooms. There was no outside noise at all; the only noise was the incredibly loud snoring from the guy in the room behind us! It woke both of us up! I am sure that he was indeed snoring very loudly, but it was as if he were in our room.

The value of this hotel cannot be beat. I would stay here again if we were able to stay in a canal room that was not adjacent to the other rooms.

Yet another rave . . . with a warning to the noise-sensitive.

by TripAdvisor Member RomanHans

I totally agree with all the rave reviews, but as a noise-sensitive person I've got to bring this up: the hotel has a bad noise problem. The first night I listened to someone's phone conversation, literally word for word through the wall. The second night I was awakened at 11 PM by somebody checking in late. This is due to the (very old) thin walls, which were padded in an attempt to solve the problem. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

To the noise-sensitive, then, a warning: bring your earplugs. And bring a soft pillow to put over your head. And prepare to be awakened anyway.

As for positives, I like the location, I like the decor, I like the employees, I like the breakfast. Best, on my last night there I was offered an upgrade to a suite for just $15 more. It was BREATHTAKING, with three windows overlooking the canal, and with no shared walls and double-glazed windows it was whisper-quiet.

In short, this is a great small hotel. If noise doesn't bother you, it's definitely five stars.

Charming!

Just back from a long Easter weekend in Venice. We stayed in room 3 in the lovely Ca'Dogaressa. Its location in the quiet 'sestiere' Cannaregio is just perfect: a relief from the busy San Marco / Rialto bridge aerea, but all famous sight seeing spots are still close by.

Our room was small, but nicely decorated; bathroom with shower only. There were no curtains, however, this wasn't a big problem, as there was little light entrance in our room (typical for Venice: if houses are separate, there is almost no space between them --> our room was at the back and right side of the building).

Breakfast is small, but you can have it at the Canal, in your room or in the little breakfast room. Staff is really friendly; if you don't speak Italian: the owner's French is better than his English.

Every night we had dinner in the same area of our hotel (Cannaregio). For cheap and delicious Italian food in a typical 'Trattoria', try the restaurant La Antica Molina; we tried to get in a second time during our stay, but everything was fully booked. No wonder considering the great value for money...

Beautiful little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Travelersrus2

We loved Ca'Dogaressa (right on the canal) and stayed there on the 14th of April, our first day in Venice. The room shown in the center of the photos on this website: [-------------]
looks out onto a charming set of rooftops. We loved it! The bathroom is sparkling and new. The best, however, is that we ate breakfast along the canal and got to watch Venice life go on while we ate our croissants, cheese, ham, cakes, etc. and sipped juices and cappuccinos. Wish we were back there today!

Venice hotels!

by mfas2000

Hey guys

we picked two hotel in venice which is Best Western Sant' Elena ( Calle Buccari 10, Venezia,)..and the opther one is Ca' dogaressa (Fondamenta di Cannaregio, 1018 venice ,30121 Italy))

how far is that area from the airport? also hwo far is ti from the main attraction?

whats your recommendation?

thanks

by Lacristina

I've stayed at Ca' Dogaressa and can recommend it highly. It is about a 10 minute walk from the train station (Venice, Santa Lucia) and an easy walk from everything else in Venice. Maybe 20 minutes to St. Mark's Square.

by leics

Venice is a very small city, and very walkable: to get right across wpould only take about an hour.

The second hotel is in Canareggio, around 10/15 minutes walk from S. Marco.

The city is about 20 minutes by bus from Venice Marco Polo airport (I assume you will land there, not at Treviso which is further away). Bus is easy and cheapest (it goes from directly outside arrivals and stops in Piazzale Roma), but you can also take other forms of transport.

will give you transport options in English (site is a bit slow, so be patient).

by Valentina82

Sant'Elena is much closer to Basilica San Marco, Canal Grande (Grand Canal) and all the main tourist attractions. Anyway, if you like walking the other one is well-located, too even though I do prefer self-catering apartments.

Once in Venice I rented a lovely apartment through http://www.summerinitaly.com/, I always use this one and never regret.

Hope it helps! :)