Dorsoduro 111, Venice, Veneto, 30123, Italy

Hotels.com Booking.com Venere.com

Costs 146% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• vhien16's Profile Photo

venice's best nests

Hotel Ca Maria Adele, welcoming and elegant, unfolds within the walls of a historic 16th century palazzo, now completely renovated respecting both environment and history.

Facing a canal and with direct views over the magnificent church Santa Maria della Salute, this hotel enjoys a luxurious location in Venice's most exclusive, charming and quiet area.

Only one minute from St. Mark's square, the hotel is within easy reach both by public and private transport, thanks to the private dock leading to the lobby door.

Ca' Maria Adele presents a fusion of different styles, combining the classic damaschi fabrics with the linearity of African wood, resulting in an unexpectedly harmonious effect.

Unique Quality: The complex offers 14 rooms and suites featuring private bathroom with hair dryer and telephone.

The accommodations also offer individually controlled air-conditioning, telephone, satellite TV, mini bar, mini safe and high speed Internet connection.

The hotel offers accommodation in 5 luxury themed rooms, each in a different style, as well as in deluxe double rooms, standard double rooms and suites.

AMENITIES:

Credit card accepted
    Dogs allowed
    Entire property is air conditioned

Historic building

Garage
    Bar

Directions: HOW TO REACH THE HOTEL

By car
    The complex is easy to reach from the highway; follow the signs for Venezia centro. Take the vaporetto n.1 from Piazzale Roma. Get off at La Salute stop.

More about Ca' Maria Adele

Loved it!

We have recently returned from a 2 night stay at the Ca Maria Adele in Venice and I cannot recommend it highly enough! It is a beautiful hotel, decorated immaculately, with wonderful service. Staff are friendly and speak great English. Upon arrival we were treated to champagne and passion fruit courtesy of the hotel. We hadn't told them we were there for any particular reason, so this treat was a nice surprise. The room was cleaned more than once during our stay, there were rose petals on the pillows, and the breakfast was amazing and there was lots of it (cereals, yoghurt, fruit, croissants, bread, spreads, omelettes, bacon, eggs - loads of choice!) The hotel location is great too, on the Dorsoduro side of the Grand Canal, a 2-minute walk from Salute vaporetto stop (which is one stop - or 5 mins - from San Marco stop.) You can walk to Piazza San Marco in 15 minutes though, crossing the Accademia bridge. Dorsoduro is a lovely, arty, bohemian place to stay, with the liveliest nightlife and fab restaurants. You won't be disappointed if you stay at the Ca Maria Adele.

Good but no Cigar

by TripAdvisor Member asmith1999

We stayed for a long Weekend in September prior to a yomp across country to Lucca/Sienna/Florence in the Sala Noir, the room with the black chandelier. I agree with the recent reviews of the hotel, the location, while quaint is a little off the beaten track (or canal!). I struggled one night to get my 5 month pregnant wife across the canal back to the hotel after waiting ages for a vaparetto, and giving up, and then failing to hail a water-taxi for the 2 minute, 30 Euro ride back. I eventually stormed a boat and demanded to be taken across, if it's good enough for Blue Beard it's good enough for me. The rooms are strangely laid out, but we thought the breakfast room lovely and the breakfast itself was excellent. The hotel always recommends/pushes you to the D'Linehombra (spelling?) restaurant which is nearby and has a waterside setting. It was a lot better than we were expecting, good food, attentive staff and a great setting. Harry's is better though, and madder and more expensive and everything else any restaurant in Venice isn't, yes the food's not 5 star but you don't go for the food, do yer!

We stayed at the Cipriani the last time, Ca Maria Adele is not a Cipriani but the rooms are pleasant and different and the staff are lovely.

Regards, Lord Hawxby.

Perfect in every way

My husband and I travelled to Venice to celebrate our anniversary so we were looking for something a little bit special. The Ca Maria Adele certainly exceeded all our expectations, which is no mean feat as I have yet to stay in any hotel where I wasn't slightly disappointed by something! The location is great as whilst you are only one water bus stop away from St Marks Square, the area is quiet and removed from all the crowds, although there are some great restuarants only a short walk away. We stayed in one of the themed rooms, the Fireplace Room, which was beautiful with attention to detail evident everywhere. The breakfast was delicious, and it was nice to see only fresh, quality produce used. Last, but certainly not least, is the care and attention we received from all the guys in charge. Nothing was too much trouble and we were made to feel very special. Would we return? I'm already planning the trip!!

Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member Gillcaddick

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights last month and everything about the hotel was brilliant. It was 30 seconds walk from the Vaporetto stop and one stop from St. Marks Square. I dont know what the previous review was talking about, the breakfast was the best we have ever had in a none british hotel. There was a choice of continental and also a cooked breakfast cooked especially for us, with lots of choice. Despite being in August, we only saw a couple of other guests during our stay. The decor throughout the hotel was luxurious. The staff were so friendly. When they realised from my husband's passport that it was his birthday, they brought us both glasses of champagne at breakfast and a little card for him. The maid service was exceptional, she hung our clothes up in the wardrobe for us. I will certainly be returning to this hotel next year.

we enjoyed the hotel

My husband and I spent 3 nights here in oct 05.We had lots of luggage so we took a private taxi at the end of the pier.It cost us 100 euro each way with tip.we had a deluxe room on the top floor that overlooked the water and the church.We really enjoyed the hotel it is nice.The rooms are small though but nicely decorated.The bathroom was nice.We could sip wine out our windows at night.We got the rose petals on our pillows the first night.Breakfast was nice and the staff was very pleasant.I would recommend this hotel the positives 1.nice rooms 2.great breakfast 3.great staff The negatives 1.water taxi 100 euro each way 2.problem with hot water 1 morning 3.small
I still liked this hotel and if anyone has any questions about the hotel email me.I really did not get to see all of venice for it was cold and pouring for 2 out of my 3 days there. cabrals--fl

Very Different in a great way!

by TripAdvisor Member LTKING

I chose this hotel not only because of the Trip Advisor reviews, but because their website had the most photos of any hotel website I've ever seen. That told me they weren't afraid of "showing their stuff." This hotel is as gorgeous, if not more so, than the photos on the website. I loved it!!! From the moment we arrived in the water taxi (how neat is that?!?) to the the time we left, this place was a hidden treasure. The taxi drops you off right at the entrance. When we first arrived, the man at the front greeted us immediately and helped us with our bags out of the taxi. When we walked into the main area, there was real jazz playing and candles lit. It made for a warm welcome. We immediately got a good vibe from the place. The room we had was the Oriental room, which is actually nicer than how it looks on the net. A couple of minutes after he showed us to our room, the man who greeted us brought up 2 glasses of bubbly with strawberries. What a classy touch!! The Oriental room is on the 2nd floor and has windows overlooking a small, but neat canal and is right across from a beautiful old church. When the churchbells sounded a few minutes after we arrived in our room, I just melted. It just made the moment.

Picture perfect triip

Had a most wonderful stay from Setpember 26-30. The hotel was charming, our room on the 3rd floor a treat. The staff was attentive and couldn't do enough for you. The morning breakfast included in the room rate could be had as room service or as made to order in the small dining room, much, much better than the adverage breakfast buffet you usually come to expect.

Their offered trip to Murano was educational and fun, a must do. Never had a bad meal anywhere so no real favorites though dinner at the Hotel Cipriani was fabuous, melding a boat trip to the hotel with the beauty of the hotel itself, it's lovely restaurant and wonderful food.

Beautiful hotel in a beautiful city

by TripAdvisor Member Temporary

This was the third hotel we stayed in on our honeymoon.

It is right across a small canal from the Chiesa di Santa Maria della Salute (in itself worth a look)

Inside the hotel, the multi-lingual staff helped us with our bags up the stairs (no elevators here), and explained the features of the room. Everything seemed clean and in order, though the bed was a little firm (and actually made up of two beds--seems to be commonplace....). The bathroom could get slightly musty (Venice water?) but the little bottle of perfumed oil provided in the room really helped.

The flat screen TV had a channel providing a view of the canal outside (the view from our windows was mostly taken up by the aforementioned church), as well as music channels and various stations from around Europe (the Emeril look-a-like cooking show on Spanish TV is fun to watch, even if you don't speak any Spanish!)

They even provided us with champagne, and put rose petals on our pillows...

Breakfast (free) was nice too; not a wide array of choices, but everything there was good. You can serve yourself fruit, cereal, yogurt, and a waitress will take orders for coffee, juices, eggs and Parma ham.

Internet (one terminal in the lobby) is free.

Getting Here: ACTV vaporetto #1 from the train station stops at the nearby Salute stop. #1 will also carry you to the busy (and touristy) San Marco Plaza. Single ride tickets are expensive (5 euros); if you are using the vaporetti a lot, it makes a lot of sense to get a day pass or a Venice Card. Traghetto gondolas supposedly operate between Salute and San Marco for about 1/10th the price of a vaporetto, but I never saw one when I wanted it. If you choose to walk to/from San Marco to the hotel, the nearest canal bridge is Accademia.

It's not inexpensive, but for a nice romantic holiday, I recommend this hotel.

Ca Maria Perfect for honeymooners

by TripAdvisor Member erikp

Everything about this place was perfect for a Honeymoon. We are a young couple from LA and NYC and we have stayed at some amazing places. The Ca Maria ranks up there...the hotel was charming...our room[the doges]was sexy as hell...a little cheesy...but sexy...the men who run the place were very helpful and recommended some wonderful places to eat...the breakfast was perfect...the area was off the beaten path but isn't that what you want...get to know a place instead of being stuck...day in and day out with all the tourists. When I say off the beaten path what I really mean is an amazing ten to fifteen minute walk to St Marks[that walk being one of the most beautiful walks in the world] Believe me...once you've done it a few times the area that the Ca Maria is in will be perfect to stay in as well...the food in this area was better than the tourist ones by St Marks anyway. The walks at night in this area were beautiful and it really was quiet and very safe...VERY SAFE...walking down a deserted street in the middle of the night in Venice with someone you love is an amazing experience. Plus you get rewarded when coming to the hotel you can stop at the church just steps across the little bridge, watch the water buses go by and see St Marks in the distance and all the tourists crammed together while you sit on the steps of St Maria with maybe one ot two other people around and smile at the amazing world that we live in. Hi guys...from the Ca Maria...thanks again for everything...PS We stayed in a suite so we can only state that our room was big and beautiful.

Need help with my stay in Venice

by mfas2000

Dear Guys

I need help with where to stay,

Ca' dogaressa
Ai Mori D' oriente
Ca Maria Adele

which is one is the best n terms of proximity to city/ Nice atmosphere and cleanleness

Apprecaite your help

by cmcard2

sorry - you look like a cool couple - do not buy into venice too much - it is a place to visit and stay a day but there is so much more of italy to see that you need to get beyond that and get out there!!!

by cmcard2

by mfas2000

Hi Card

Didnt quite understand your comment here? Do you mean we shouldnt stay in venice?

In fact, we are following up your tip , we are only staying for a day there. still wouldnt want to end up in a bad hotel...

Comments