Ca Rubino

Chiesa di San GeremiaChiesa di San Geremia

Trattoria Pizzeria  da Alvise - my pizzaTrattoria Pizzeria da Alvise - my pizza

A Ferry to nowhereA Ferry to nowhere

Campo di S.MargheritaCampo di S.Margherita

Leics and Rocee: please help with one more question!

by venice2009

Thank you so very much leics and rocee for all your help. I looked at the Alilaguna site, which I was able to get in, and found the information I needed. It actually works better for me as I will be staying at the Hilton Molino Stucky. According to the Alilaguna site, they go from Tronchetta to Hilton Molino, and from Hilton Molino to the airport. Can you tell me where this Tronchetta terminal is in relation to the cruise ship terminal? Thanks so much for all your help.

by leics

Tronchetto is the car-parking island next door to Venice proper (which is why the Alilaguna ferry stops there, so people can pick up their cars).

It is on the same side of the main island as the cruise-ship dock. Put 'map venice' into google and use the google map link to zoom in and see where Tronchetto is. I believe cruise ships usually dock at the Bacino Stationze Marritima, which is also marked. If you zoom in you will see the Tronchetta stop marked for the Venice-Lido vaporetto route. I imagine the Alilaguna boat will stop at the same place.

*Bacino Stazione Marittima*

The hotel website tells you how to get there by vaporetto:

by rocee

Ooops - I thought I had understood that you were staying in the San Marco area. Leics has given you the info you need.

by rocee

And in that case, my original suggestion of Alilaguna ORO line to the airport may not be the best way. If you go back on the Alilaguna site & map/timetable you will see that the trip from Molino Stucky takes about 1:45 - it makes a LOT of stops between. It might be quicker after all to take the vaparetto to Pzle Roma and get the ATVO airport bus.

by leics

I suppose pootling about the lagoon for 1h 45mins might be iice, if the weather was good....but if not, the vaporetto to P Roma and then the 3-euro, 20 minute ATVO airport bus would be my choice (well, it would be my choice anyway as I'm not a brilliant sailor).

Travel Tips for Venice

Think of photographing by themes

by ChrsStrl

There is so much to do, so much to see, so much to photograph, that sometimes you end up with a collection of photos that are no different from the usual tourist post cards. Try to look for some comment elements - here are a few we saw - there are many more! Let us start with doors:

Walking In Venice

by al_mary

Each time we visit Venice, we
like to take a day and just walk
along the side streets ....
We find it interesting, especially
when you get into the residential
areas ....

We have found nice little local's
places to eat ....

~ Farewell To Venice ~

by Carnation

The day was rapidly coming to an end and soon it was time to say our goodbyes and head off for home again. We slowly made our way back to the station to catch our respective trains. With heavy hearts we said our goodbyes, boarded our trains and headed out for home taking along with us some wonderful memories of our day together.

Ciao bella!

by CliffClaven

Perhaps the sexy picture of Italian film star Ornella Muti will make the guys out there read on to learn a bit about the etymology of a popular Italian word. Bet you didn't know you spoke Venetian! The internationally popular greeting "ciao" in fact comes from an 18th-century Venetian phrase, "sono vostro schiavo" (I am your servant). As it spread through Italy, the phrase was variously corrupted and shortened until it became today's universal synonym for "goodbye".

If there is any chance of rain...

by christine.j

If there is any chance of rain, bring an umbrella. Since the umbrella will be turned, twisted and possibly blown away, bring either two or three cheap ones or a good one. I bought the Jack Wolfskin umbrella for hiking, which doesn't mind getting turned or twisted.This is not just good for Venice in rain, of course, but also for any outdoor activity in autumn in Germany.

Comments