Ca Sagredo Hotel

Ca'Sagredo Hotel
Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 34% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Amazing stay and Experience

Myself and my partner visited this hotel about a year ago as a surprise I booked a weekend in Venice and after some research I decided to book the Ca’Sagredo. I must say we certainly weren’t disappointed, it is a beautiful hotel and the staff were extremely helpful and courteous. This is where I proposed to my partner and the hotel organised the gondola ride for me and took care of all the details.
    It was decided that we would return to Venice to get married and what better than to stay at the ca’sagrado again.
    After contacting them about this they were extremely helpful in helping us organise everything as we wanted to hold the reception at the hotel also.
    From the start all the way through they were fantastic!!
    Upon arrival which was quite late at night, we were shown to our room number 316.
    When we entered we were both overwhelmed with the room it was absolutely beautiful and they couldn’t have picked a better room for us.
    All throughout our stay the management and staff including Elisabeth who dealt with everything for us were amazing and the attention to detail and the service we received was second to none! NOTHING was too much trouble. We was even able to taste the food from the menu we had chosen which we did the day after arriving for lunch….the food was out of this world, the chef came and spoke to us about it and discussed the ingredients etc.
    On the day of the wedding 4th July the housekeeper arrived early to tidy the room (which they done about twice a day without delay or asking) to then allow the photographer to take pictures.
    The hotel organised all our transport etc and gondolas for the day also.
    Upon returning from the ceremony at the Palazzo Cavalli our guests were treated to canapés and champagne. Again the service from the staff was second to none with us receiving a glass and a greeting from the manager.
    After this we went to the music room for the meal where the tables were decorated beautifully and the food was served with some background music.
    All throughout the meal the waiters were extremely attentive, filling glasses etc etc and the food was amazing, all the guests commented on the food. We also had children who had the adult menu but wanted to change to the children’s menu on the day and even this was no problem and was done without fuss.
    After the meal etc and when myself and my bride returned to the hotel there was a complimentary bottle of champagne waiting for us.
    During our stay the staff even took the time out to explain the history of the hotel and show us around various parts which the gentlemen did because he had an interest which you could tell, this again was a lovely touch.

The day after our wedding we had to check out as we had booked the final 2 days at another 5star luxury hotel, and to be honest we wish we could of stayed at the Ca’Sagredo (we even asked them before we left if we could)
    All in all an AMAZING experience and the staff were all amazing, kind and friendly who always had a smile, where nothing was too much trouble and the service we received was not forced or fake if you know what I mean.
    A HUGE thank you to all the staff at the Ca’Sagredo from Mr and Mrs Mills room 316.

Ps WE WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK!

Unique Quality: Everything we experienced was first class!

• our favorite hotel in Venice

One of the most beautiful and well-appointed hotels ever! It's a 15 century villa that has been up-dated to 21st century amenities without losing one ounce of it's classical and elegant past. From the moment you enter, you know you are somewhere very special.

What makes this hotel even more special is the kind and attentive staff. the buffet breakfast is included in your room costs and the great location encourages you never to leave. The hotel is right next to the Ca'D'oro vaporetto stop! Just a 5 minute or if you get lost like we do, 10-15 minute walk to St. Mark's Square...There is free internet in the lobby(only 1 computer but who cares) to use.

Simply magnificent...

Unique Quality: Our presitge-type room had a partial view of the canal and the most wonderful bathroom in Italy!

Directions: Next to the ca'd'oro vaporetto stop

More about Ca Sagredo Hotel

Ca' Sagredo is sublime!

by TripAdvisor Member Beaune

This was my seventh visit to Venice in the last 15 years. I have stayed in a full range of hotels, including some of the most notable, such as the Danieli, Il Palazzo at the Bauer, and Europa and Regina. My recent stay at Ca' Sagredo for 6 nights may have been the best experience to date. The hotel is sublime!
While the Gritti Palace, the Danieli, and the Metropole may offer their worn quality as evocative of the old Venice, I prefer this hotel's tasteful blend of modern luxury with its historic palazzo feel. The bedroom floor may not be level, but the bedroom and bathroom are sparkling clean and beautifully done. The grand staircase, the central hall, and the music room will take you back 5 or 6 centuries without the feeling that you are in a tired hotel.
Much has been written about the staff. From my experience, all I can say is that they are wonderful, both helpful and cheerful. When I got sick the guys ran to the pharmacy for medicine. When I made and then changed dinner reservations the ladies did it with a smile. Whenever we approached the front desk, we were warmly greeted.
During our stay a full breakfast was available from buffet tables, which included a wide choice of fruit, juices, ham, cheese, croissants, pastries, breads, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, and so on. This large breakfast allowed us to have lunch on the fly and enjoy the most of Venice. In November, the days are short and a sit-down lunch can consume a lot of valuable tourist time. Also, I recall when we stayed at the Il Palazzo at the Bauer a few years ago, a comparable breakfast cost us 75 euros. So bear that in mind in comparing prices. And by the way the service staff at breakfast are just terrific. We did not use the dining room at all. I noticed that few of the hotel guests did so. There are so many good restaurants in the area that I never got around to trying out the hotel restaurant.
The hotel's location: there are 3 great sites in Venice, in my opinion. The first is facing San Giorgio Maggiore on the lagoon, the second is facing Salute across the Grand Canal, and the third is facing the market area. At the present time, the visitor should be aware that Salute is under heavy scaffolding while its roof is being repaired--not a pleasant sight for those paying top prices at the Griitti Palace or the Europa and Regina. Those considering the Danieli should inquire about the fact the a third of the hotel is itself under scaffolding. Perhaps there's a needed renovation underway. Ca' Sagredo and the Foscari Palace occupy the third site, facing the market across the Grand Canal. I find this view fascinating in that one sees the real Venetians going about their lives. The market is a bustle of activity with the traghetto going back and forth, carrying the 2/3rds of Venetians who live in Canareggio to the fish and vegetable markets and back. This is the real Venice, in my opinion. Yes, one is not near St. Mark's and all the tourist shops; but if you want tourist shops, the Rialto bridge is close by. Better than the Rialto's tourist shops are the real stores that are just behind the hotel, like the Pelleri bakery that offers a pistachio torte that is itself worth a trip back to Venice. And there are many more excellent restaurants in and around this part of Venice than around St. Mark's. Very close to the hotel one will find Vini da Gigio and Al Fontego dei Pescatori, which I recommend enthusiastically.

Wow!!

by TripAdvisor Member CheshireItaly_lover

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at Ca Sagredo, Venice. We arrived early evening and were given a historical tour of the building which was a 'nice touch'. All staff very attentive and polite throughout our stay. Booked a standard room which was fantastic, much larger than expected, all comforts you require, very comfortable and quiet, despite being on the canal which was very busy at times. Agree with other reviews that the restaurant and bar let the hotel down slightly - only in terms of ambience (service is fine). All other public areas are amazing, it is a shame these facilities are not on another floor. The only way to arrive is by private water taxi which docks right outside the hotel - this just added to the excitement of a fantastic break. We would defnately recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a romantic, relaxing stay in Venice.

Wonderful - for now....

by TripAdvisor Member kofka

My husband and I took my mum to Venice for 6 days. I had booked the Ca Sagredo prior to the official opening and was quite apprehensive, though the reviews here had helped a little. We are seasoned travellers who enjoy good food, good wine and some luxury with a local feel. We don't mind paying but we hate being ripped off.
The hotel is beautiful. Contrary to what I had expected from these reviews the staff was extremely helpful, including the front desk staff. The roons are small - as is to be expected in a building this old. My mum was in room 103 which is truly spectacular. Lovely touches like fresh fruit daily. There are some evident growing pains: the dining room is way too bright and has no atmosphere, ditto the "bar". I gather there are plans in place to improve both of these. The hotel would also benefit from having somewhere to relax and read a book. The main thing that could become a serious problem for this hotel however is incinsistency..
When we arrived on Saturday the bar/dining room staff was exceptional. We were made to feel wonderfully special; drinks came with cichetti, canapes and a smile; meals were accompanied by information on the local relevance of the dishes. It was quite clear that these people wanted us to appreciate that Venice is not Disneyland but a living city with an ancient culture of which it is justifiably proud. We were enthralled. Then.....well, these staff (Carlo, Pierro) had a couple of days off and it was awful.....The wait staff was dour and unhelpful, the cheese plate was a joke - 6 pieces of Parniggiono and Pecorino. They were so awful that we went to the hotel next door for our afternoon prosecco the next day - and did not eat there again. We were unsure who to complain to as one of the waiters (Giorgio??) was the maitre d' on those days.
Ca Sagredo could well become a destination hotel in Venice....or just an overpriced tourist trap. It really depends on how seriously they take things at this early stage.

Wonderful experience!

by TripAdvisor Member Miss Bollie

My husband and I chose Ca Segrado to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and we were absolutely delighted with our choice. The atmosphere in the Hotel from the moment you enter the lobby is one of serenity and great beauty. We were lucky enough to stay in what was the original Library which was very special indeed. The staff, at all times, were friendly, helpful and very professional. The wonderful and bountiful breakfasts were set in a room featuring a beautiful frescoed ceiling and we enjoyed the background music emanating from the extraordinary music room. Whilst in Venice we also attended an opera at the Malibran Theatre, about a 3 min. walk from the Hotel, and that is an experience I would highly recommend.

Dinner on the Terrace could not be more romantic when you have the Grand Canal as a backdrop and the Head Waiter went out of his way to ensure our evening was memorable.

We have stayed in other 5 star hotels in Venice but found Ca Sagredo to be one of the finest and would certainly stay again.

Living in a Hotel or a Museum?

by TripAdvisor Member JChua

Yes, at first, you will have to decide which is which. Well, after a night's stay, I have concluded that its actually both a Hotel as well as a Museum. Had missed the Ca Sagredo's grand opening in early May by a mere few days when I was last in Venice with my mum in late April.

Ever since returning home from Venice, I had been doing all the frantic research about Venetian hotels as Venice, as most would believe, had already casts its magical spell on me ... I was planning to return to celebrate our wedding anniversary at year's end and what better place to do it at a roof top room at the Hotel Metropole, as well as the 7 month old Ca Sagredo Hotel?

After numerous email correspondence with Marianna, the ever patient and kind lady, professionnally replied all my emails and queries in a lightning speed and courteous manner. I was really touched since I was quite confused by the terms given to their rooms - Prestige, Panaromic view, Water view, Historical etc

But finally, I have made my choice to choose the Hotel's Sabastino Ricci Presidential Suite (Room 204). And we had not regretted our choice since we step into this huge 110 meters square suite! Firstly, the finely stuccoed ceiling would simply catch your breath away. Next, come all the Venetian glass floor lamps, wall lamps, beds and furniture alike. Everthing looked really grand and palatial - the feeling is simply hard to describe.

The suite even has a thoughtfully partitioned walk in wardrode with lots and lots of storage spaces, big sitting area outside the large marbled bathroom, 3 floor to ceiling windows opening out to the Campo Santo Sofia with a partial view of the Grand Canal's Rialto market area and a really huge King sized bed with very comfy mattress - slept really well zzzz.

If you miss the Grand Canal views, simply walk out of your suite to the Portego, open the window and stand on its balcony for some sights and sound of the Grand Canal, the feeling is really sublime! Food in the Hotel's restaurant was really good, too. Paid only 69 euros for a two course meal with drinks and wine, a reasonable price to pay in expensive Venice. Also seen the ever unique, Library suite in the Hotel. Its a really special suite but I thought the room size seemed a little small in reality ... with a small balcony offering frontal Grand Canal views though.

The only regrets seem to be, like the others have mentioned, the uneven granite flooring (must have been a few centuries old), the tricky carpet, the tacky main light switch, a lack of frontal Grand Canal view, plumbing noises and the oddly sized small TV. Breakfast was good but limited in choices, understandly so since this is boutique sized hotel.

Almost every staff whom we encountered was very friendly and cordial, and the lovely receptionist, Mara, deserves a mention. If we ever get to stay in this lovely hotel again, would surely try out its Library or Alcova suite the next time - really special in terms of design and decor.

The Hotel is easily accessible from the train station, water bus no. 1 is merely 4 stops away or no. 1 also, from the Riva degli Schiavoni/San Marco area. In my two recent visits to Venice, I felt there was no need to waste money for water taxis, which could easily range from a whopping 60 euros to 100 euros per ride! Choose your hotels'' location wisely and you won't have to pay for such ridiculous pricings. In my April visit, I had chosen the Hotel Luna Baglioni and Hotel Concordia. This trip, Hotel Metropole and the Ca Sagredo - all easily reachable via water bus, prominently located and all accesible with minimal walking!

For this special Hotel, simply take the no. 1 water bus to Ca d''Oro stop, walk straight along a non-descript narrow lane and turn right at the end of it. Walk straight along Nova Strada and make your first right turn into the Campo Santo Sofia, the hotel is on your right hand side. You simply cannot miss it, as the Campo Santo Sofia's traghetto stop and Gondola stop is right beside it, and so is the Hotel Foscari Palace.

Choose to stay in this one of a kind Hotel and you will not regret it. However, please ask enough questions, and know what you are booking for, be more specific in your requests, and in that way, you will not face any disappointment nor shock. Also, travel in the low key season to enjoy room upgrades, the possibility is just so much higher! But Christmas time in Venice is really really chilly .... Nevertheless, enjoy .....

could not ask more

by TripAdvisor Member xm07

we spend a three night stay in Ca Sagredo early November, and were lucky enough to be allocated (since I do not think that this is a junior prestige suite that we had booked) to the Sebastiano Ricci suite on the first floor

upon arrival, the receptionist gave us a very interesting tour of the premises with all historical details, and to be frank, the initial sight of frescoes and huge common rooms were breathtaking

the suite was simply enormous & i cannot imagine that we will ever stay in a larger hotel room than this.

yes the floor was uneven, but the whole room is beautifully rennovated, frescoes on the ceiling, chandeliers, the bed is huge, the bathroom excellent and the walk-in dressing closet very very spacious

service wise, all personnel was very very helpful and polite, especially the ladies in the breakfast room.

we loved the location; on one hand it is a residential area with Venetians living, and we could walk to the north side of the island where normal day-life happens
on the other hand, it is close to the main touristic attractions; just hop on the traghetto (stop is outside the hotel) and you are in the Rialto fish market, pass a couple of minutes and you see San Marco

besides the beauty of the property itself, it could do couple of more things to really be a 5star deluxe hotel as it claims
a bar for example is necessary (more than a restaurant i reckon) as is an experienced concierge (but i guess that will come in time)

all in all, we believe we could not ask for a better hotel

just a point that could really top our stay there; i had had very clearly informed the reservations that we would spend our time their as part of our honeymoon, and actually it was in written noticed by their customer relations; however, in the (upgraded) room not a simple chocolate or flowers was ever placed.

Glorious!

Absolutely beautiful hotel on the Grand Canal in a perfect location. One minute from public taxi stop Ca d'oro. Excellent service & restaurant, with beautifully appointed rooms. The hotel is a beautifully renovated 14th century palace home to Count Sagredo. Original floors & frescoes are incredible! A truly wonderful experience & find!

Ca'Sagredo is Supreme!

by TripAdvisor Member dsbush

My wife and I just returned from celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in Venice, where we spent six nights at the newly opened Ca'Sagredo, in a suite overlooking the Grand Canal. It was important to us to stay someplace special and luxurious and we were not disappointed. This is a very excellent hotel, even though there isn't a great deal of information available about it yet. Ca'Sagredo is well located, close to the Rialto Bridge. One can easily walk to all points of interest and it is also immediately next to a Vaporetto stop. It is off the beaten tourist path and, ideally, removed from the enormous crowds of San Marco. The interior of the hotel is sumptuous --- it is a low-key and very authentic Italian palazzo and all the details and service are meticulous. The breakfasts are very good and served in gorgeous surroundings. My only criticisms are very slight and would not stop me from staying there again or recommedning this hotel enthusiastically to friends and family. First, the male staff behind the reception desk does not speak English as well or come across as helpful or knowledgeable as the always responsive female staff. Second, the hotel would benefit from setting up a small bar in one of the common areas. Although there are chairs and tables on the canal, a true bar would be nice for a Proseco at the end of a long walking day and as a place to mingle with other guests. For anyone in search of a quietly elegant, truly European luxury hotel in Venice, look no further than Ca'Sagredo and don't be concerned about the present lack of information about this hotel on the internet and elsewhere; it is certain to follow.

David S. Bush