Ca' del Brocchi

Rio Tera San Vio 470, Venice, Veneto, 30121, Italy

Locanda Ca' del Brocchi
Hotels.com Expedia.com Venere.com

• SaxonSon's Profile Photo

The perfect base for exploring Venice

We first stayed at Ca' del Brocchi in October, 2006, and have booked it again for our next trip in April. The rooms were comfortable, clean, and the the staff very friendly, helpful, and speak English much better than I speak Italian. The breakfast was typical of Italian hotels--nothing special--but Monica makes a great cappucino.

Each room has a private bath, is richly decorated, and has a minibar and television--neither of which we used (there's a great wine bar just down the street...er...around several corners but quite close), and air conditioning.

Unique Quality: Perhaps the best thing about Ca' del Brocchi is its location. Tucked away on a quiet street, it is seemingly miles away from the tourist crush of San Marco, yet is only a few minutes walk or a quick traghetto ride to the action. Second best is the staff--Nicola and crew do an excellent job of making guests feel welcome. Returning here after a long day of walking was always a treat.

Directions: This hotel is located in Dorsoduro, very close to the Guggenheim, 4 minutes from a vaporetto stop, and a short walk from the Academia bridge, which leads to everywhere. It can be challenging to find (as are most Venetian locales), so mark it on your map.

• albaaust's Profile Photo

Great location

We did not stay at the hotel itself but an apartment located near to the hotel which belonged to the owners so our comments relate to the apartment and not the hotel. We booked the apartment by internet with the owner after reading the reviews on this site. Firstly,Marko and Nic were really warm and welcoming. Secondly, we loved the apartment mainly because of its size-besides the kitchen/dining/living area it had two bedrooms which was great for us as we are a family with one daughter and she welcomed the privacy as we did!It also had a washing machine which we did not use but for others it may be of use.The apartment and hotel are located in Dorsoduro which is on the other side of the Accademia bridge. The location meant that we were away from the more touristy area but still very close if we wanted to walk to St Marks. The apartment was extremely close to the Salute church stop (30 secs) so if walking is a problem catching the vaporetto or even the traghetti (in summer)to St Marks is an option. We did choose to walk everywhere but on the day we caught the train for Austria we caught the Vaporetto and had a lovely last glimpse of Venice up the Grand canal.There are a number of nice restaurants and bars close by and a supermarket on the boardwalk which is about 10 minutes away.Breakfast was included with the apartment but, we chose to buy our own cereal. We would certainly recommend the apartment to our friends.

Unique Quality: See other notes

Directions: In Dorsduro close to the Salute Church

More about Ca' del Brocchi

Cheap Hotel/B&B in Venice for two days in March 2008

by xpacific

Hi,

Please let me know a good location but moderate hotels in Venice for a two days visit during end of march 2008.

This is my first time visit.

Regards

Pacific.

by craic

venice isn't cheap

by leics

It's difficult to know what you consider 'moderate', but www.venere.com is very good for finding accommodation: its reviews are honest and you can search by availability, location and price at the same time.

I have just booked at Hotel Alloggi Marinella, which is in a fairly central position, for what I consider a reasonable price for Venice. Nowhere in Venice is cheap, as noted above.

by aaagne

Hey,

I was in Venice last year and have used this website www.apartmentsapart.com
I have booked apartments for 2 people in San Marco region and payed about 300 Eur for 4 days. Everything was fantastic !

Good luck !

by suvanki

Hi! I agree with leics - Venere.com is a good site to try. The cheapest hotels etc may be listed in Mestre, Lido etc, but then You have to weigh up time and cost of travelling into Venice. Some of the cheaper places in Venice are near the train station. Other sites worth looking at are Booking.com and hostelbookers.com

I stayed at Locanda Novo (Also known as Townhouse suite Casa Nova First Class Inn) in Cannaregio, which is an old palace, handy for getting around,My double room for single use at Christmas, including breakfast cost 70 euros per night.Please check out my Venice Hotels and Accommodation tips for photos and more information.

Venice is easy to get around on foot, or by the vaporetto - (water bus service) that runs day and night.
I'd advise buying a tourist transport ticket from the airport, train station, or vaporetto stations, for 48 hours unlimited travel on water buses, local buses and trains, or the orange card, that includes transport and entrance to museums etc. Tourist info at the airport/ train station etc are helpful in planning the best ticket for you.
Have A great trip!
Look forward to reading all about it,
Please feel free to contact me for more info.
Best Wishes,
Sue x

by swissfondue

I can reccommend Ca' Del Brocchi in Dorsoduro but availability will be limited at the end of March as it is a smallish family run hotel which is often booked out. You are wanting to go just after Easter and that will be reflected in the prices. Goodluck finding something.

by venice13

www.hotelalleon.com Check out last minute deal section. I think it may cover March right now. Not sure. Excellent hotel, in an excellent location. I stay there everytime I stay in Venice.

Comments