Campiello Hotel Venice

Campiello del Vin, Castello 4647, Venice, Veneto, 30122, Italy

Hotel Campiello
Travelocity Hotels.com Expedia.com

• Near vapporetto

Great location, no bridge to Alilaguna boat (from and to the airport), one bridge to the No. One. Paper kiosk nearby.
    Good 3star Good breakfast (nothing hot), clean quiet, Internet computer in lobby, excellent plumbing, but water will no burn you. Lift, safe in room TV. Pleasant helpful staff, Same day laundry service. No ,minibar, drinks available in lobby, any hour, man on desk 24/7.

Only two problems. My single room was short on storage space to put my things away, e.g., there wasn't even a hook for my hat and coat and only one drawer for my use.
    The other problem, serious for me, For stays over seven nights, payment in advance for non-refundable reservation fee and payment in advance for the balance of the full amount, both payments by bank tranfers. I would go again but for this. ===gm===

Unique Quality: Superb location with regard to transport. 300m to the Piazzetta, 400m to Florian's
    Google them. They have own website.

Directions: Just off the Riva d. Schiavoni, bordering on the lagoon.

• A Jewel in the Heart of Venice

We found this Hotel on the Internet and before arriving were uncertain of what to expect. As soon as we walked in the door, we were greeted by the owner – Monica and immediately felt at home. We LOVED our stay here. It was reasonably priced especially considering it's excellent location. The rooms were great and were styled in a very Venetian manner with windows opening out onto a small courtyard with a view of the water to the left side. The breakfast was typical; however you could order extras upon request which was a definite treat for anyone like us who grew weary of the usual baguette and jam. The front desk staff was very kind and helpful and definitely made our stay a very memorable one – thank you to Monica and Thomas for making us feel so welcome! We look forward to our next stay.

Directions: Only a few minute's walk from St-Mark's Square!

More about Campiello Hotel Venice

A very sweet hotel experience!

by TripAdvisor Member Suntanbob

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Campiello in Venice from August 12-13, 2005. Their address is Riva Schiavoni, San Zaccaria 4647, Venice 30122 and their web address is: -----. They are very responsive via email.

The hotel was clean, the front desk at the hotel was very friendly and the included continental breakfast exceeded our expectations. The room was very adequate although the air conditioner could have worked a little better. Overall, for the price, location (next to the Danielli Hotel and San Marco Square) and across the sidewalk from the vaporetto, the value far exceeded our expectations. Highly recommended.

Very enjoyable stay

The Hotel Campiello is very central and close to the Vaporetti stop to (and from) the airport. This proved very convenient upon arrival and departure. I have to say that all of the staff were polite and very helpful from the moment of arrival to the morning we left. The hotel and street is quiet but not lacking life or vitality. A very good breakfast was served daily in a dining room adjacent to the lobby. We also had several good recommendations for local restaurants from the staff who all new the city very well. An internet service provided was useful for making contact home. We had no complaints and would endorse the hotel to future travellers.

Great location and cute hotel

by TripAdvisor Member dondaroo

We really liked the Campiello. It was a great location within easy walking distance from the Vaparetto stop, a plus when hauling bags. It's close to San Marco too which we really thought was a plus.

The staff was always friendly and helpful. The room and bathroom were very clean and the bed was really comfortable. It's old so the big queen bed overwhelmed the small room and the shape of the room and bathroom was very unique but that added to the charm along with big windows that swung wide open and the beams in the ceiling. It was one of the quietest hotels we stayed in on a 12 day trip. The breakfast was good too. It was hard to leave.

Yet another satisfied customer

by TripAdvisor Member eurotravelnut

We stayed here based on the reviews on TripAdvisior, and we were not dissapointed. Excellent location, very good breakfast, very friendly, helpful, english speaking staff.
We stayed in the attic "suite" which others have pointed out is hidden away behind an unmarked door, up a very narrow staircase, which is a little problematic with luggage. This room is great for a family, but it does use a sleeper sofa for one of the beds. My 20 year old daughter says she slept fine on it.
Air conditioning was very good, and very necessary. We would gladly stay here again.

Good but Bad

by TripAdvisor Member niceIrishMan

Stayed here for 3 nights. There are some good and bad points to this place and it is NOT the treasure chest people make it out to be.

Some good points - it is very central only 30 seconds from the waterbus stop which is great, 2 minutes from St Marks square and overall the hotel is absolutely spotless, and most staff are helpful. Some staff were quite helpful while others were abrupt and not very welcoming. Breakfast was reasonable with the best hot chocolate I have tasted yet.

There are some bad points and they are mainly the rooms. I must stress they are very clean and comfortable but they are extremely simple, very dated and drab. The room we had(a standard double) was quite small. They are going for an antique french look but it has come out cheesy and tacky. Light fittings from the 70's, 2 single beds instead of a double, and some nasty bed coverings and rotten gold wallpaper. Air Conditioning stopped working for the last two nights. We asked for a bath and got a shower.

If you are looking for something with value for money close to St Marks this will probably do. But if you are like me and like just a little more comfort and luxury (especially on a honeymoon)avoid it. Trust me - it is not the little heaven that people make it out to be.

Very good!

by TripAdvisor Member arq_bea

I stayed there for 3 nights after a cruise. It's a small hotel, located on a narrow street, 2 steps from the vaporetto San Zacaria and 2 minutes from San Marco Square. The room was very spacious and clean and with ac (necessary during summer!), and the bathroom had just been remodeled. The breakfast was good and the staff was very helpfull when I needed (lost my luggage!). They have free internet and an elevator. Venice is not a cheap city, but a think it was a good deal (E$150 for a double room), due to it's location. Would stay there again!

great hotel for the price

my girlfriend and i booked the hotel based on other reviews posted on this site (and because the price was a bargain) and we were extremely pleased w/our experience. our room was very comfortable (and clean) and the staff was very friendly. plus the location (a very short walk from st. mark's square) is great. we both highly recommend the hotel for anyone looking to pay a fair price for a very comfortable accommodation. oh, and we both loved the breakfast...

Book Away- Great Hotel!!

I would stay here again! I think the hotel is in a great location. It is minutes away form St Marks square. The water taxi is right in front of the hotel. There are places to eat and drink really close by. Half the venture in Venice is to walk around and embrace.
The hotel is very clean. The family/people that run the hotel are very nice. The breakfast is wonderful. A great place.
You have to understand that this is Europe and not California or New York. Europe is very old but has amazing culture and history and as you travel you need to take that in. The rooms are small but so what? You need to have a great place to sleep, take your shower and feel very safe. This is your place.
You also need to remember where you are staying. Venice is great to walk around and just take the day in. It's great for being your central location as you experience the three island tour. There is no major nightlife or party scene so dont expect your hotel to be near a night life. So make sure as you read the reviews you pay attention to what the city has to offer, how you fit in and what you want from your hotel.
I do not think you will be disappointed. If you want a grand hotes and want to pay a lot of money this is not your place- but if you want to take in Venice and enjoy your home away from home for a few nights- book away!!

2 weeks in Italy

by misskatia

I have 2 weeks time, which cities, places, monuments ecc do you recommend I should visit?

by mccalpin

As Maryvera says, the question is way too broad to answer effectively, not knowing anything about you or your interests. To quote the legendary dnwitte, Italy is just littered with stuff to see, so you will have to do some work up front to get some sort of idea of what you want to get out of the trip.

This site works best when you can formulate specific questions, such as how do I find out train schedules or when are the hours of the Vatican Museums, etc...

Bill

by jasonhigdon64

My fiance and I are also planning a 2 week (15 night) trip to Italy. We decided to spend it in 5 3day legs as follows;

Rome
Florence
Tuscany (staying outside San Gimignaon and roaming the area)
Venice
Sorrento (Amalfi coast)

We've never been there before either, but after some research this is what we decided to do...and our itenery is completely blocked! Maybe should have scratched some things/places, but may never get back again and wanted to do and see as much as possible.

Hope this helps a little,
have a great trip...I'm sure I will (leavin in 3 weeks!)

Jason

by Yogues

First of all, I'm very jealous! My wife and I spent 16 days in Italy last May/June. This was our itinerary, for what it's worth, and we had an amazing time. We rented a car which allowed for much more flexibilty, which I would recommend. Have a great time!

May 20 - Arrive Milan 7:30 am
- Train to Como from Airport
- Boat from Como to Varenna

- Night in Varenna – Albergo Milano

May 21 - Day and night in Varenna (Bellagio, etc.)

May 22 - Train from Varenna to Venice

Night in Venice – Hotel Campiello

May 23 - Day and night in Venice

May 24 – 28 - Drive to Tuscany – stay 4 nights

- Tuscany (Florence,Siena, Pisa, Volterra, Lucca, Pienza, Montalcino, etc.).

May 28 – 31 -Drive to Amalfi Coast – 3 nights (Praiano)

May 31 - Leave Amalfi Coast – Go to Pompeii mid morning