Campiello Santa Giustina

Castello - Campo S. Giustina o Barbaria, Calle Due Porte, 6499, Venice, Veneto, 30122, Italy
Campiello S. Giustina
Expedia.com Venere.com

More about Venice

VENICE  -  JULY 2010VENICE - JULY 2010

Campiello Santa Maria Nova.Campiello Santa Maria Nova.

Overall Food in Venice is dissapointingOverall Food in Venice is dissapointing

A Night Time FestivalA Night Time Festival

Gallo Socks

by EmouseSays

Hi! I'll be staying in Murano for 3 weeks in April and I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can buy Gallo socks (the funky, brightly colored knee socks) in the area? Perhaps in Venice or the surrounding area. I hope I can quickly pick up how to travel by train and take a couple of short trips from Venice while I'm there. Thanks in advance!

by bekerovka

Hy,
There is Gallo socks shop in Mestre, less 1 km to station, close Umberto I hospital. It's "Lori abbigliamento", Via Mestrina 12, Mestre
I think there are also some shops with Gallo socks in Venezia downtown or in surrounding malls but I don't know where they are.
Ciao, Marco

by EmouseSays

Thank you Marco for answering! I will definitely try to find those places while I am there. This is my first trip to Europe and I am so very excited but a little apprehensive at the same time. If I find them I suspect I'll be like a kid in a candy store! I'll want them all!

Thanks again for the info!

by bekerovka

I read now that you stay 3 weeks in Venice. Well, if you go in Garda lake, in Desenzano sul Garda there is the Gallo socks outlet. Socks 40% off!!! It's in Via G. Motta 129
Open Mo/Fr 9.00-12.00/13.00-19.00 Su 9.00-12.00/15.00-19.00 Sa closed
You can go to Desenzano sul Garda from Venice by train. Timetables and fares here: http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=ad1ce14114bc9110VgnVCM10000080a3e90aRCRD
You can see also Garda Lake
Ciao, Marco

Travel Tips for Venice

What's Your Rush?

by mrclay2000

Most people arriving in Venice (especially those off the trains) are in such a rush to hop a vaporetto and steam toward the east end of the Grand Canal that they miss some interesting structures near the station itself. The station bridge is no work of art, but the nearby churches (such as the pictured green dome) are generally worth a closer study.

Regata Storica - and I missed it!

by dvideira

When I first arrived in Venice not only it was raining cats and dogs but I also found out that the day before had been the day of the Regata Storica.... and I missed it! I went there just in time to watch the dismantling of the structures...

( This kind of things hapens to those who travel without knowing about VT and its helpful tips .... I had no idea )

This is one of the most traditional Venetian celebrations. It began in 1315 with the Doge Giovanni Soranzo to celebrate the glory of the Serenissima. The festival was a way to honour foreign dignitaries visiting the city, or celebrate a military victory.

Today the Regata Storica takes place on the first Sunday of September and has two different components: the Historical Procession and the 'Regata' races.

So, if you are visiting Venice this year and are interested in the Regata, do not forget....
Regata Storica:
Sunday - September 5, 2004

go to the top of the San Marco...

by Giulia_ua

go to the top of the San Marco bell tower – the view is amazing. You can see all the city. Surprise, you will not see much water. When I was on the top of the tower, Greek ship was leaving Venice’s port. It was bigger than San Giorgio Island!!!

One thing we took for granted...

by csistok

One thing we took for granted was that what is on the table at restaurants (for example, bread) is complimentary. While waiting for our pizza to arrive, we absent-mindedly munched on the pretzels that were put out. When the bill came, we realized they kept track of how many pretzels we ate, and they cost us nearly as much as the meal! After that, we were wary about using any condiments, either.

Venice: Art & Architecture

by Hopkid

Venice: Art & Architecture is a great resource when you're visiting Florence's many museums. This invaluable book contains great descriptions of may works of art and architecture in the city. Often times this was the only available English explanation of what we were looking at. Definitely work taking and carrying around. The book is authored by Marion Kaminski.

Comments