Concordia Hotel

Hotel Concordia
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Costs 55% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Convenient to San Marco Square

This is a small hotel just off San Marco Square so is in center of the sights. Their porter was very helpful in helping me from and to the boats as I have a small scooter. The concierge was most helpful on the phone with arrangements and transfers. The room is beautiful and bath very nice.
    They have a delicious breakfast and room service which were very convenient so that we could get to the sights.
    Best of all, at night we felt safe and enjoyed the SQUARE-lights and music. I would definitely recommend ''Hotel Concordia.'' This is the correct name. We found it on Hotels.com

Unique Quality: NO POOL OR VIEW as is between tall medieval buildings. No need as this experience is unique and different from other cities. Jjust a lovely place.

Directions: One block north of hotel. Boat arrangement necessary.

• janiac's Profile Photo

Beautiful, charming and great location

This is a charming, beautiful hotel supremely located. Don't let the somewhat drab front of the hotel fool you. The attractive entrance of the hotel is actually on the back and is much more indicative of the overall feel of the hotel.

Friendly staff members welcomed us with drinks upon our arrival and then showed us to our room, which I thought was very nice. We had a queen and had a separate small area that had a daybed/couch. The bathroom was pretty and clean.

The included buffet breakfast offered fresh fruits, yogurts, delicious breads and other baked goods, cold cuts, juice, etc. This was a great deal as food in Venice, especially with the dollar falling in value, was expensive.

The view from our room was one of the best memories from my trip. The windows open out and you can lean out of them and watch the hustle and bustle of St. Marco Square, and enjoy as the little metal men strikes the bells across from my room. In the mornings when the square is still nearly empty, you can watch as the peddlers bring their carts out and tourists start to arrive.

The only caveat is that you can get better deals on the gondola by yourself than you can from the hotel, and the Murano boat trip factory they send you to if you take the free trip will try to sell you some very pricey pieces. After the glass factory salesmen realized we weren't going to bite and pay a couple thousand dollars for their items, they finally showed us to their cheaper rooms. We bought a trinket we probably could have gotten cheaper elsewhere and left to go explore Murano, which is very charming and had inexpensive souveniers by the boatload.

Other than that, I would highly, highly recommend this hotel, which was easy to find. As you face the square, you go all the way back and to the right. The entrance is right across from McDonald's.

One warning, there are many steps in this hotel and I don't believe there is a way up for the handicapped from the street. I may be wrong, but I don't believe there was an elevator from the street. There is one from the lobby, but it is tiny.

Also it is slightly noisy because of being so close to the bells and being above the square. But I think anywhere in Venice would have a lot of foot traffic and/or boat traffic if you are on the main canal. The noise did not bother me, but my son, who was in the little room closer to the bells said they would wake him at night.

Unique Quality: Only hotel in the square.

Directions: As you face the square, the hotel is all the way back and to your right. You will see the hotel name on the wall, but you need to go around the back to find the entrance, which is right across from the McDonald's.

• Picarello's Profile Photo

Venice's best location

Extremely helpful staff; first of all, one of our party required a member of staff to provide a D-saw to access her suitcase - she had left the correct padlock key in UK. We were also surprised with the 'extras' such as Welcome Drink on first night, free trip to Murano, excellent directions to landmarks, as well as an 'on-the-house' antipasto (Speck) to accompany our second night's dinner. I considered the hotel to be excellent value for its location (albeit out-of-season). Bar and restaurant appropriately expensive (we didn't mind as the recommended Cabernet and nibbles were welcome!). We received excellent service and standard of cuisine in the restaurant. Would re-visit Concordia for its location - I was in a party of 7 and we couldn't have been more centrally located.

Unique Quality: Location, location, location!!! This is what we paid for, and this is what we got!

Directions: Just off Piazza San Marco (to the left of the Basilica, but you need to enter from the rear, right opposit Macky D's in fact!!!).

• robin_h1006's Profile Photo

Primo Location

I had originally booked the Hotel Concordia at their website because of its location and the fact that they boasted the only room with a terrace overlooking St. Marks Square. They guaranteed me this room and even though it was more expensive than the internet rate I accepted it. Upon arrival I was told that this room was unavailable because the terrace was deemed unsafe and remodeling was in progress. They then told me that I could pick out a room out of the available ones for the quoted price and I remembered what I thought was an internet rate and they agreed to it. I should have known that I was incorrect when they agreed so quickly. I found out that most of the rooms were barely big enough for my luggage. If I remember correctly 226 was the one I chose. It had a nice bathroom and I think they classified it as a suite. The room was nice with a great view, but hardly a suite. The basillica was literally right out the window. I still feel that we were extremely overcharged.

Unique Quality: Half way down the hall in the 2nd floor wafted a smell of cabbage. No matter what time you walked by or what day the smell never left. Location, Location, Location, it is in the best spot you could ask for. You could easily beat the crowds to any location on the square. Maybe we were a little too close. When the bells of the Campanile would ring it sounded as though we were in the tower. I loved the sounds coming from the square. The complimentary breakfast was good, somewhat crowded, but good. The staff was somewhat stand-offish, but not unfriendly

Directions: Next to the Bassilica, San Marco Square

• leostarico's Profile Photo

A view to Piazza San Marco

I first arrived in Venice with no hotel. Big mistake! It is not easy at all to find hotels if you do not do a booking in advance. The first night we walked with all of our luggage for a couple of hours until we could find a hotel. Definitely not a nice one at all. So we decided the next day to go look with more time for another place to stay......and we found it!!!!!!!
    I am talkig about the Concordia Hotel. The cordiality, friendlyness and service of the staff make you feel like home. The deco of the Hotel is abolutely venician. The rooms are spacious (which for Venice is not common), have nice furniture and very comfortable and clean bathrooms.

Unique Quality: The view from your room is the most incredible. You open your door and have the San Marco Cathedral in front of you. I highly recommend this place if you are planning to visit Venice!!!!!!!

• wadekorzan's Profile Photo

We jst loved this hotel!!!!!

This hotel is really very very nice and the location is inredibly convenient. Our room had a small balcony overlooking part of San Marco Square, and definitely there are not too many hotels (if any) that can provide you with this. It was especially convenient because of the luggage situation. If you come in bpat and get off at San Marco Square, you're going to ed up walkng to wherever your hotel is located. That means quite probably that you will be lugging suitcases up and down the small bridges, unless you are using a backpack. As this hotel is so close to the square, you won't have to go through dragging your luggage through the crowds, up and down stairs, through the heat (if you are there in summer).

The room was really nice, the atmosphere great. We would definitely stay here again!

• tanianska's Profile Photo

HOTEL CONCORDIA ****

HOTEL CONCORDIA ****

Unique Quality: Hotel Concordia Venice is a traditional hospitality family-run hotel and is the only Hotel in Venice overlooking St. Mark's Square. Absolutely best location in town for, shopping, excursions and major cultural and theatrical attractions. Hotel Concordia Venice is completely renovated and fully air-conditioned. All of the guest rooms are comfortable and nicely equipped to give a feeling of being home while away from home. The Hotel also has a variety of facilities and services that are sure to meet the needs of both business and leisure travelers.

Directions: Hotel Concordia Venice is the only Hotel in Venice overlooking St. Mark's Square and Piazza San Macro. You can take a short walk to the nearest places of interest like The Museo Diocesano.

Comments