Danieli Hotel Venice

Hotel Danieli
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Terrazza - Hidden Gem

We didnt actually stay at the Hotel Danieli but we did go up to the rooftop Terrazza late afternoon for a bottle of champagne overlooking the water. The terrace is open between 3pm and 6/7pm for drinks and it is a lovely quiet spot to soak up the view without breaking the bank on a full meal. The hotel concierge directed us to the lift at the back of the hotel lobby (dont be put off by the signs saying "hotel guests only beyond this point"). We hadnt made a reservation and we were worried that it might be full but there were only 6 other people there, enjoying a drink and the views aswell. The maitre d' was attentive without being overbearing and he filled our champagne glasses each time. He brought us 3 different types of complimentary nuts and snacks (he even returned with more when we polished off the first lot!). Our bill came to 85 euros and there was no compulsory service charge or tip added (although we did tip him). This was a highlight of our 4 night trip to Venice and after enjoying our champagne my hubby and I strolled down to St Marks Square to listen to the wonderful violinsts and we felt like lovestruck teenagers again. I admit to having a tear in my eye - I'm not sure if that was the effects of the champagne or because of the wonderful tunes being played! If you want to enjoy a romantic drink with a loved one, give St Marks a miss and go to the Danieli Terrazza instead. You can always walk back down to St Marks afterwards and enjoy the music and the ambience with the masses but the Terrazza is a real hidden gem. Pricey but priceless!

• Venice luxury 5 star hotel

The danieli is one of the most famous 5 star hotels in Venice. Close to Piazza San Marco and the Basilica of St Marks. ideal location with amazing views. Like many such luxury hotels in venice, very expensive. But I think if you are going to go to venice then make the trip worthwhile and stay somewhere luxurious and special. I would prefer to stay in a cheap hotel elsewhere and save the money to stay at something special in Venice.
    The rooms are quite small, ours was anyway. We could only stay 2 nights as they were fully booked for the other night we wanted.
    Although expensive we managed to get what we discovered was a 'very good' deal !

Unique Quality: Superb decor and a real feel of staying somewhere special in Venice.

Directions: Close to Piazza San Marco and the Basilica of St Marks

• AnitaE403's Profile Photo

Hotel Danieli - Most Excellent Location in Venice

Absolutely amazing 5 Star hotel on the Grand Canal overlooking St George's Island. The Hotel Danieli is part of the Starwood chain... it consists of 3 buildings on the Grand Canal which are all connected via 2nd floor hallways. The main building is a 14th Century restored Palace lavishly appointed with pink and grey marble. Service was outstanding!

Unique Quality: The Hotel Danieli is conveniently located a few hundred meters from St Marks Square, its right next to the Bridge of Sighs, it has a waterbus stop directly infront of it, 100 meters from the airport Ali Laguna stop and its own private water taxi dock. No matter how you decide to come to the hotel you won't have to lug your baggage through the maze of streets and up and down bridges like so many other tourists in Venice.

• CliffClaven's Profile Photo

Room with a view

Old Cliffie can't afford the rooms at 500 dollars a night at the Hotel Danieli, but his brother - who worked in the hotel trade - stayed there for the price of a decent bottle of wine. And his room came with a bottle of champagne, which he sipped contentedly on his little balcony overlooking the busy waterway in front of St Mark's Square. It's alright for some.....

More about Danieli Hotel Venice

Hotel Danieli in Venice - incomparable!

Hotel Danieli in Venice and it's magnificent staff deserve the highest accolades that could ever be possible! My experience there for five nights in November was absolute perfection. To begin with, the hotel's ambiance takes your breath away. Then, the service! Every need, want or desire was anticipated and executed flawlessly. Coffee from room service arrived in less than five minutes and the charge was correctly put to my bill without even asking me to sign a charge slip. The gendarmerie of Concierges knew who I was from the moment I arrived and handed me my key immediately each time I returned to the hotel. The Terraza restaurant staff provided excellent service silently and efficiently. My room (in the Palazzo Dandolo) was beautifully appointed and I must counter a few reviews that suggested the mattresses needed replacing....mine was just fine. And the linens -- what sybaritic luxury! This was an unforgettable travel experience, truly the pinnacle of my experiences in Europe, and once again, both the Hotel Danieli and the incomparably lovely city of Venice far, far exceeded my expectations.

Hotel Danieli LobbyHotel Danieli Lobby

In the lobby of Hotel DanieliIn the lobby of Hotel Danieli

Hotel Danieli on the Riva degli SchiavoniHotel Danieli on the Riva degli Schiavoni

Hotel Danieli (part) facing S. Zaccaria stop.Hotel Danieli (part) facing S. Zaccaria stop.

romantic restaurant

by jetset05

Hi I am looking for a nice place to eat for my wifes 40th birthday with grand surroundings any info would be great thanks

by xymmot

Go to Hotel Danieli and have dinner served on the terrance overlooking the canal in Venice. I do not remember the name of the restaurant, but it is in this fine Hotel Danieli. Make a day of it and if you can, get a room there,Cheers Tommy x

by cgf

the above mentionated restaurant is very good.. but WHEN it's your wife's birthday? Right these days is not the best season to go to Venice. Six days ago *acqua alta* (high water) was 144 cm :gulp:

by xymmot

I thought they are in planning stage....winter in Venice?

by cgf

I believe Venice in winter could be nice, not when there is 'acqua alta'
to konw more about it

by Odinnthor

The Restaurant Terrazza Danieli, at the Danieli is indeed a nice one. It is on the top of one of the palaces that make up the Danieli Hotel, the Palazza Excelsior.

I would also add Harry's Bar. There is hardly a place that has as much well known, and not so well known history. A true landmark with a guestbook with names like Toscanini. Maugham, Chaplin and Hemingway......

The original is just off San Marcos, and well worth a visit. The other, is on Giudecca island along with the Cipriani Hotel

The Danieli and the Cipriani are my two favorite hotels in Venioe, and I recommend their restaurants as well.

by crazyman2

Well, every time we return we go to the Hotel Monaco and Grand Canal which is is a prime location on the Grand Canal! Lots of gondolas etc.
The open-air restaurant is right beside the canal and it does need to be booked!
It is expensive ---but it is an important occasion!

Look at my travel pages on this VT site for photos and further info and also look at the travel guide section for other ideas too.

Have fun!