Domina Prestite Hotel Giudecca Venice

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Domina Prestite Hotel Giudecca Venice

ptoma's new Italy Page

by ptoma

a saint nicolas la chiesa sopra la collina domina la valle della dora baltea,il castello di saint pierre,la grivola,il monte bianco. nel paese la prima scuola ha aperto attorno al 1600 in quanto i preti della valle per primi,si presero cura dell'istruzione della gente. prima fu aperta la sezione maschile poi quella femminile. anche nella località vetan c'era una scuola oggi chiusa. i ragazzi imparavano il francese e il dialetto promosso dall'abate carlogne. nel proseguire il nostro viaggio ci portiamo verso il passo del gran san bernardo punto di comunicazione tra italia e svizzera vallese. da qui nel 1800 è passato napoleone. da visitare l'ospizio. per ulteriori informazioni contatta perotti1@virgilio.it o leggi anche www.virtualtourist.com/deadyn
nel proseguio del nostro viaggio ci troviamo a visitare i resti del passato :i castelli della val d'aosta sono numerosi ma i più importanti da visitare sono quello di saint pierre che ospita il museo di scienze naturali,quello di sarre e naturalmente quello di fenis.

Community court near the Domina Giudecca Hotel.Community court near the Domina Giudecca Hotel.

Entry for ticket holders on the right.Entry for ticket holders on the right.

Quiet CanalQuiet Canal

Pink marble & white Istrian stonePink marble & white Istrian stone

Hotels

by lynewman

Hi!
We are new to VirtualTourist, needless to say, we have tons of questions!!! Having never been to Venice we are looking forward to our trip and cruise.
This is one of many questions to come...
Has anyone stayed at the Domina Prestige Giudecca and if so, were you happy with your choice of hotels?

Best way to get from airport to Giudecca.

by lynewman

Dear Friends:We are staying at the Domina Prestige Giudecca hotel from May 7-May 9. Can you please tell us the best way (other than water taxi) to get to our hotel from the Marco Polo airport ?Should we go via Ailaguna (to Zattere) or via bus to Piazelle Rome and then via vaporetto? THANKS! Art and Lynda Newman(We arrive morning of May 7)

Re: Best way to get from airport to Giudecca.

by dolomite

The best solution is to take a bus from the Marco Polo airport to PIazzale Rome and then a vaporetto (water bus) from Piazzale Roma to Giudecca.
Check the timetables on www.actv.it
Ciao

Re: Best way to get from airport to Giudecca.

by risamay

Bus to Piazelle Roma and then the vaporetto to Giudecca is definately fastest. Taking Ailaguna takes forever and will likely be overcrowded with other arriving tourists.

Cheers,
Marisa (and Dino)

Daughter getting married in Sorrento, Italy -- June, 2007

by sunshinedays

I have several questions. 1 Does anyone know of a good wedding planner in Sorrento? 2 Does anyone know of a good photographer? Several couples from the wedding will be travelling through Italy after the wedding. Our first stop will be Rome. 3 Found the Atahotel Domina in Rome on a travel site. It seems to be reasonably priced, but is it too far from Rome, and if it is; is there a quick way to get from the hotel to downtown Rome?

by mccalpin

I have not been to this hotel, but it is out by the airport. Why would you want to stay out there, unless you were not planning on seeing Rome?

To get in to Rome from this area, you would get over to the local train station ("Acilia"), and take the local train into the area of St. Paul Outside the Walls or Roma Ostiense (I get conflicting information from official websites) - neither of which are particularly in the center of town anyway (but they are near Metro stops).

Look at the reviews at tripadvisor.com - they're horrible...

Bill

by monorailgold

Hi Barb,

Listen to Bill, he knows his stuff. Go to venere.com to find great hotels in the city center.

Donna

by sunshinedays

There will be about 12 in our party needing 6 rooms. What area of town would you recommend? What hotel would you suggest?

by monorailgold

The areas around the pantheon, trevi fountain, spanish steps and colosseum are good areas. Which hotel depends on your budget. To get a very nice hotel you will spend at least 200 euros a night. You can find tons of them in that price range all around Rome. Check out those areas on venere.com and be sure to read the reviews for any of the hotels you look at. I'm sure you'll find something you like.

Donna

Travel Tips for Venice

Venice Tip

by Tetreus

All this time I've loved
you
and never known your
face

I've found the one I've waited
for
the one I've waited
for

Load some music on your Ipod

by Trekki

No place in the world made me so much wish to sing all the time (and we kindly neglect the fact that I cannot sing at all, lol). I am not a fan of all kinds of toys and gadgets, so I don’t have an ipod, but while walking through La Serenissima I very much wished I would have one. But haha, maybe it was good that I didn’t, as I would have been thrown into the canales if I would have started to sing.
(Watch out and click the links, if you are in the mood – I have linked the songs and music pieces as I found them on youtube).

All these typical and nice (but sometimes kitschy, as they fill in the perceptions) songs like O Sole Mio entered in my brain, and one day I nearly fell into the canale from laughing too much when suddenly two gondolas passed by with one gondoliere singing exactly O Sole Mio. It was fulfilling so much this image I had before I came to Venezia, but it fitted to the moment.
But Venezia also made me wish to listen to these grand pieces of art from Italian operas, such as Nessun Dorma or E Lucevan le Stelle, where I could not decide which version I like better, Pavarotti’s or Andrea Bocelli’s.

Some more of these lovely Italian songs and aria:
Recondita armonia (also from Tosca) and Torna a Surriento .
Rigoletto’s La Donna e Mobile is very much suitable for walking around, as it reflects the airiness or lightness in La Serenissima.

In my very own personal opinion these arias should be sung by Italian tenors. Not that others are not good enough, but in my opinion it needs to have Italians in their own language to bring out the subtleties of what an aria wants to tell.

Of course not only operas should escort us on our walks through the city. There are just so many sons of Venice who wrote other masterpieces, like Claudio Monteverdi’s Orfeo or the very much famous Antonio Vivaldi and his Four Seasons by Nigel Kennedy such as Spring, the out of this world Summer, Autumn and
Winter or all as Medley by Ann-Sophie Mutter.

One last one, which will also knock me off my feet if I listen to it when being there (best in a church to listen to in a concert):
Schubert’s Ave Maria, sung by the most magnificent late Luciano Pavarotti. I always get the shivers when listening to this and I want to place it here especially in memory of this masterly tenor. May he rest in peace.

I will definitely have an ipod with me next time, full with all my favourites. And then… when I will sit at Bacino di San Marco, look across the water to San Giorgio di Maggiore, I should better do this in non-acqua alta period, as I would add much water into the lagoon.

If you like to listen to more music, look at my TL “ Oh heavenly music in La Serenissima

The Symbol of Venice

by Jefie

Winged lions can be found all over the city of Venice, in all shapes and sizes. The winged lion became the symbol of the city after the body of St. Mark the Evangelist was stolen and brought to Venice around 828 A.D. The four evangelists, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, are each represented by a winged creature, and St. Mark's symbol is a winged lion. Unfortunately, when Napoleon captured the city of Venice in 1797, he gave orders to destroy winged lions all over the city since they were considered a symbol of the Republic - even the one sitting on top of St. Mark's column was temporarily removed. After Napoleon's defeat, most winged lions were restored to their original locations and copies were made to replace those that had been destroyed beyond repairs. They now stand once again as proud symbols of "la Serenissima".

Overplus gondolieri

by croisbeauty

The question is:
- are there too much gondolas in Venice,
- is the tour price exorbitant?
Any of yours opinion is welcome. There must be something wrong with that gondolas, everywhere one go there is a gondoliere offering gondola tour. You can't negotiate the price, which is in my opinion much too high, and yet most of gondolieri loafing around completely idly.
There must be a hard work sitting there all day long and card palying.

Comments