Galleria

mpileggi's Profile Photo

Wonderful Canal View!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 8, 2008

My husband and I stayed here in May 1998, so I'm sure the prices have gone up quite a bit.

Ask for Luciano or Stefano, both speak English. We paid L150,000 per night with bathroom and breakfast in the room) next to the Accademia bridge. Great location!

The room was very, very small yet clean. The bathroom was tiny and had a toilet, sink, and shower with a door. We had a room with a view of the Grand canal, though I wish there were balconies from the rooms.

Directions: Take the vaporetto to the Accademia bridge. The hotel is located to the left of the bridge.

GuitarStan's Profile Photo

Hotel Galleria...Right on the Grand Canal!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 25, 2006

We reserved a room with a view of the Grand Canal 9 months in advance. We paid about $120.00/night (low for Venice). This hotel is awesome, it is very quaint with an old world feel to it. When you check in and every day, they ask you what time you would like your breakfast served in your room and they are right on time the next morning. The view of the Accademia Bridge/Grand Canal is to die for. Yes we shared a bath down the hall but, it never posed a problem. It was clean with plenty of hot water and towels. The owners are very helpful in guiding you around Venice or giving a tip on how to get somewhere quickly. Another nice feature is that once you get off the vaporetto you are literally within 2 minutes walk to Hotel Galleria. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. When we go back we will stay at Hotel Galleria again!

Unique Quality: Eating our breakfast delivered to our room while overlooking the Grand Canal and Accademia Bridge was a great way to start the day in Venice. We will not forget this part of our trip to Venice/Italy.

monicarc's Profile Photo

Great location and price

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 31, 2005

I highly recommend this hotel: it is RIGHT NEXT to the Accademia vaparetto stop--no fear in needing to drag luggage around Venice, since it is at the door step of the stop. Nice breakfast in the morning, included in the price, which was more filling than normal European breakfasts!

amyday's Profile Photo

Very Inviting in Venice

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 8, 2005

I almost don't even want to mention this hotel because as soon as word gets out about this place you'll have to book years in advance. IT'S THAT AWESOME! I can't say enough good things about this place. First the location - Steps away from the Academia vaparetto stop and the Galleria dell Accademia. A twenty minute walk from the train station. Second the view - SPECTACULAR! The room I stayed (#6 I think) in was a corner double. On one side I could practically spit into the canal I was so close (not a charming visual I know but you get the picture how close you are). On the other side the Academia Bridge and a charming cafe below.

Unique Quality: Breakfast in bed anyone? You are served in your room so you can enjoy relaxing in private. The staff is superb. Some of the younger desk clerks speak a little English. They all are very nice and will go out of their way to help you. One small minus - not all rooms have a private bathroom. Also, there's no TV - but if you're watching TV in Venice you probably shouldn't have left home anyway.

Directions: From the Academia vaparetto turn left. Walk past the foot of the brige and the Hotel is immediately in front of you (big green door).

Nearby Galleria

Galleria

• Hotel Galleria Venice
  • Galleria Hotel Venice

Address: 878a Dorsoduro, Accademia Bridge, Venice, Veneto, 30123, Italy

6 Photos of Galleria

View Professional Photos

Venice Travel Forum

Need advice about Venice, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Venice and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Venice hotel reviews

Hotel Antiche Figure
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
Hotel Becher
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Ostello di Venezia (Youth Hostel)
Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 7 Reviews

Carnival Time
Campanile di San Marco
Ponte dei Sospiri
Things to Do
By water taxi (& private boats)
Transportation
By train (Santa Lucia station)
Traghetto
Food, wine and sweets
Scala Contarini del Bovolo
Campos
Off The Beaten Path
Walking (incl. city maps)
Ghetto
By cruise ship
Churches
Burano Lace
Lido di Venezia
Other Islands
Off The Beaten Path
Street Sellers (fake products)
Campi, Calle and Canale
Harry's Bar
Nightlife
Books
Shopping
By bus (excl. airport bus)
Caffè Ristorante Quadri