Gritti Palace

See Amenities

5 star hotel Venice

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 28, 2008

The Gritti Palace hotel in venice was built in 1525 as the residence of the Doge of Venice, Andrea Gritti. 5 star rates Venice hotel, quite famous. ideal location on the Grand Canal.
Room size ( for venice 0 was quite good. Breakfast enjoyable.

The Gritti palace, being 5 star, is expensive, but luckily we had a very ood deal. We had stayed 2 nights at the Danieli but they were full for the other nigth we wanted. We were pleased we managed to fet a room at the GFritti as it had been one of our choices.

Very easy to walk to from the hotel. Staying at the Gritti will certainly make memories. A lovely hotel that i would highly recommend. sadly just a short stay.

I agree with Jenn, sitting on the terrace you have a view that seriously you could only have dreamt of !
Expensive yes, but amazing memories, yes !

Unique Quality: Amazing decor, great service, excellent location.

jenn5179's Profile Photo

The Gritti Palace - fabulous from start to finish

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 13, 2008

I found this hotel to be so unbelievable rich with history and charm.....

I felt like I stepped back in time and was some sort of royalty - the lobby, the decor, the service, it was unbelievable.

Our room was a standard room, and although it had no view (some sort of building next door), it was the largest of all rooms I have stayed in while in Europe.

The staff was very very attentive, and helpful with directions, questions, etc.

The breakfast was also quite enjoyable with a great varierty of meats, cheeses, fruits, pastries and other dishes available I thoroughly enjoyed eating breakfast along the canal every morning, enjoying the daily paper.

This place was such a treat, if you are going for a special occasion (birthday, anniversary, etc) as we did, and you can afford it, I highly recommend staying there for a couple of nights

Unique Quality: Restaurant and lounge were both along the canal.

As I said, the staff and the hotel itself made me feel like I stepped back in time, even the elevator was something I will never forget! The rooms had TVs, were clean, it was just a great hotel experience.

The location is also fabulous, we were in the middle of everything! We walked to St Mark's Square, the Rialto bridge, the Guggenheim - I don't think we took a water taxi anywhere aside from to and from the airport.

To be able to sit out and have a drink at the lounge and be along the water was so so so memorable. I will never forget drinking Prosecco and cigar my husband smoked as we sat out on a gorgeous night with an amazing view of the Canal.

Directions: Along the canal, on the St. Mark's side of the Canal - between The Rialto bridge and St. Mark's

craic's Profile Photo

I'm Dreaming

by written on October 16, 2006

My friend was walking me around close by and asked if she could pop in to pick up a book. She works there as a translator for the cooking/art classes they hold. (First off you get a look at a famous picture involving food, then you get to cook the dish.)
Sure I said - and we approached the faded grandeur of a little palazzo. Right on the Canale Grande. In we popped and oh my goodness me. Understated elegance. The tranquil hush of a top hotel. I got a guided tour of the ground floor and a potted history of some of the antiques - and I started dreaming. Just one night in the Hotel Gritti - please!
I have just checked the tariff before I wrote this - and it sort of starts at 1000 euro a night for a room without a view. So there you go. Starting to look a bit unlikely.
But my friend told me it is perfectly possible for (well-dressed) blow ins to march up to the bar with the view and blow their budget by having a bellini.
ALSO - at the end of the street there is a gondola plying for hire that takes you across the Canale Grande for an euro or two. So if you just want a quick taste of gondola life and a photo opportunity, that might be the way to go.

Nearby Gritti Palace

Gritti Palace

• Gritti Palace Venice
  • Gritti Palace Hotel

Address: Campo Santa Maria del Giglio 2467, San Marco, Venice, Veneto, 30124, Italy

3 Photos of Gritti Palace

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Venice Travel Forum

Need advice about Venice, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Venice and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Venice hotel reviews

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 9 Reviews
Hotel Becher
Hotel Antiche Figure
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
Ostello di Venezia (Youth Hostel)
Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 7 Reviews

Canal Grande
Basilica di San Marco
Ponte dei Sospiri
Things to Do
By water taxi (& private boats)
Gondola
Murano Island
Traghetto
Transportation
Walking (incl. city maps)
Food, wine and sweets
Lido di Venezia
Burano Lace
Markets
Favorites
Street Sellers (fake products)
Other Islands