Corte del Forno Vecchio - S. Marco 4435, Venice, Veneto, 30124, Italy
Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Al Codega

Hotel Al Codega - lived up to the good reviews.

by TripAdvisor Member camilleri

I have just returned from a three night stay at Hotel Al Codega. Getting to the hotel was no problem but I strongly suggest you take the boat to Rialto Bridge - its No 2 and not No 82 as indicated by the hotel (it has been changed since January). We had three rooms booked and all three were fantastic. The receptionist and all the staff were very friendly and they did their utmost to help us find good restaruants etc. I would like to suggest that if you wish to visit St Mark Cathedral to go on the website of Venice and book your tickets in advance - its free. I did that and we avoided standing in a very long queue by just walking in.
Venice is magical and indeed worth a visit. Jo Ann Camilleri, Malta

Love Al Codega!

by TripAdvisor Member EuropeLovers123

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Al Codega for 2 nights just before Christmas and Boy, were we surprised! We fell in love with this hotel right when we walked into our room. The hotel is newly renovated. Everything was clean. The room was a decent size, comfortable bed. it was situated in a quiet courtyard. wifi was available at a cheap price. the hotel staff were very helpful and the breakfast was amazing. Everything was fresh and the choices were endless. We have no complaints about this hotel. My husband and I would definitely stay at this hotel again if we traveled back to Venice.

Warm and Personal Hotel in the Heart of Venice

by TripAdvisor Member GGHHartsdale_NY

Hotel Al Codega is a small and personal hotel in the heart of Venice. Just steps from Piazza San Marco and the Rialto shopping area, it is also well situated relative to a wide selection of restaurants. The rooms are comfortable with wonderful "rain fall" shower heads and hair dryers with built-in voltage converters. It is also quiet; the hotel was full during my recent stay, but I never heard other guests. The breakfast buffet is amazing, and there is a small lounge with a selection of guidebooks, newspapers and an internet point. The best thing about the Al Codega, however, is the management and staff, who go out of their way to be helpful and friendly.

Rain Shower. Need I say more!?

by TripAdvisor Member pepponde05

Good luck finding Hotel Al Codega. Even the detailed walking map provided by the hotel upon booking will require you to be incredibly direction-savvy.

HOWEVER, once you have found the hotel, you have found a GOLDMINE!! Hotel Al Codega is one of the best hotels I have ever had the pleasure of staying at. Located less than 5 minutes walking from a back corner of Piazza San Marco (halfway between here and the Rialto Bridge), the hotel is situated in an old courtyard that lets you escape from the walking traffic that ordinarily surrounds the square's outlying streets. Enter the building (securely monitored by cameras and vigilant staffers) and you will feel welcome in this 4-star hotel. A 'codega' is a person who you would hire to light your way with a lantern as you walked through the alleys and backways of ancient Venice; Hotel Al Codega will provide the same guidance and comfort in a city unlike most others in the world.

The rooms are very spacious, outfitted in gorgeous wood and paneling. The cleanliness here is immaculate. Beds and pillows are very comfortable, and are enjoyed best while watching the satellite flat-screen television that is placed bhind the desk mirror...or sleeping. The bathrooms, while a bit smaller than the average American may be used to, are top-notch by European standards. Each fixture is sturdy and comfortable, you don't feel at all like you're sitting on cheap plastic! And the shower is one of the best you'll experience--it keeps a steady temperature and can get very hot if you'd like, the pressure is fantastic, and did I mention it's a RAIN SHOWER!?!! I wanted to extend my stay for this reason alone. The room as a whole is very clean and comfortable and will be the perfect place to rest after a day of exploring Venice's many islands.

The only downside I was able to find with this restaurant was their recommendation for dinner. They didn't ask what kind of food we wanted or what our budget was, but rather quickly suggested Trattoria Alla Scala (with maps handy) which led me to believe that they perhaps have a relationship with the owner, who they referred to by name. This restaurant was overpriced for the portions and full of American tourists--not a young obnoxious crowd by any means but I felt like I could have been in any decent Italian restaurant in America. Once again, VERY small portions of average food for the price. I would instead recommend the Osteria da Carla con Cucina in San Marco or La Piscina in the Dorsoduro.

All in all though, this hotel was a relaxing oasis in an already calming city. A bit of a splurge price-wise (although less expensive than most other 4-stars), you'll find you get more than your money's worth at Hotel Al Codega.

What a find!

by TripAdvisor Member AllyJWH

Another superb find from Trip Advisor! There is no way I would have stumbled across such a great hotel. I've been lucky to stay in many superb hotels across the world and was delighted with this one. Its real plus is its location - literally seconds from both St Mark's & the Rialto. Most hotels are on the Lido, which is nothing like as convenient, and this hotel means everything is on your doorstep.

The hotel itself is clean, comfortable and the rooms are very well sound-proofed - you don't hear anything from in or outside the hotel at all. The rooms have all mod cons including TVs hidden behind a mirror - very cool! Breakfast was a nice buffet, and the staff were all welcoming and helpful.

We had a wonderful time in Venice, and the location of the Hotel Al Codega really made it. I would really recommend it as excellent value in a very expensive city!

If you could drop a hotel onto the most perfect location

by TripAdvisor Member leanonme

The Al Codega would be it.. As everyone else has written, the location is so perfect.. And really nice and quiet considering its right in the heart of everything.. Again, as others have written its absolutely impossible to find. Its in a courtyard (unmarked), down a small side alley (unmarked), not on the street its address is supposed to be on and completely unknown to the locals. As others have written, get off at Rialto Bridge, head in a 2'oclock direction and look out for "burger king" and "Armani". You shouldn't be walking for more than 2 or 3 minutes. But good luck!

We werent too enamored with the room itself, a bit pokey for me and there are no views to be had of Venice from any window. Very clean and tidy apart from that and you only have to crash out on the bed for a nap in order for them to come in and remake it.. I dont want this to sound bad but I would say the hotel is probably in keeping with what you'd expect from a really nice bed and breakfast - being that there is little in the way of communal areas, a bath or any size to your room. Im told this is normal for Venice.

However, if you want the perfect base, a quiet room and decent cleanliness the Al Codega is for you.

loved this hotel - fantastic!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Greer1314

This is a perfectly situated hotel once you find it, It has its own courtyard so make sure you follow the directions to the letter!!! We had a fab stay In the Al Codega, the hotel staff were great, its right in the middle of everything, attractions, local transport and all the local amenities!! If i go back to venice then im def staying here.The Hotel was beautifully decorated, beds were very comfortable and The staff couldnt have been any more helpful. the only downside is the size of the rooms, however for the time that you actually spend in there they are exactly what you need for the price... Double bed, bedside tables, large dresser which holds eveything and i do mean everything!! and the bathroom was beautiful!!!!

Best Place in Venice

by TripAdvisor Member ReesWales_UK_

Positives:

1. The hotel was easy to find. Don't listen to the other reviews on this issue, Our 12 year old boy led us there as we pulled our cases by following the pdf map supplied by the hotel. It is literally 5 minutes from the Rialto water bus stop (at a suit case pulling speed).

2. Staff were warm, friendly, professional yet natural. They were keen to help and advise us on what to do and see in Venice.

3. The hotel is amazingly clean and is decoratively impressive. Our room was fantastic and was beautifully furnished. The room was plentiful in size and was really comfortable.

4. The location CANNOT be bettered. Rialto only 5 mins. San Marco square only 4 mins. Restaurants only 1min etc etc. You could not be more central, yet quietly tucked away.

5. Breakfast is superb. Relaxing, unhurried self-serve.

Would we go back - yes.

We intend to send for my parents to go stay at the Al Codega for a weekend - it's worth it even for 2 nights.

Well located and spotlessly clean. Another find from Tripadvisor

by TripAdvisor Member ontheqt

The hotel e-mailed directions just prior to our visit and we found it straight away. Venice does have lots of little back streets, but their map was more than adequate for the job.

On arrival we were given a street map of Venice which we used exclusively all week to find our way. The Vaporretto (water bus) route numbers had changed subtly, but that did not cause any problem. The staff were very helpful and I confirm that the hotel has been refurbished very recently with a lot of care and it is spotlessly clean.

Bed mattresses were viscoelastic material (like Tempur), which is not my personal preference, but it is quite comfortable and I overheard other guests commenting on how well they slept.

Breakfast exceeded expectations after other reviews. It was a typical continental buffet with meats, cheeses, cerials, pastries, fruit and half a dozen different breads (some pre-packaged long-life). It is a small hotel and it would be impractical to have more on offer while keeping quality and variety. I'd say top marks for the breakfast and you should go to a big-impersonal hotel if you want exactly as you'd have at home.

The staff were very courteous and helpful. They seemed to know the tourist information well and gave us good advice when asked.

Nagatives? I think that internet access should be provided at all hotels as a courtesy as it costs them nothing extra. Many hotels do provide this but Al Codega charge a high High Street rate for access to theirs.

Would I go there again? Absolutely!

"Amazing Hotel, help with left Wallet, traveled with baby!"

by TripAdvisor Member dylanm

This is probably the best hotel we have stayed in thus far in our European travels. Ill guess Ill begin with the increadable location, as mentioned in most reviews. But I did not think it was hard to find. Follow the map given to you by the hotel (as in count the turns and turn when it says to even when it doesnt look like a real street in front of you.)
We traveled with our 15mth old and upon arrival the hotel was not aware of this. (Mix up on online booking I guess) Anyway they quickly upgraded us to a family room (with small charge for baby) and were ready to set up a cot for us until we confirmed that we were comfortable setting up the single bed with provided cusions for our daughter. The room was very clean, the first I have let our daughter crawl around on, and Im envious of the bathroom. The courtyard allowed for a very quite night too. OH and the matress is temperpedic foam!! so comfortable after a full day of walking with baby on back. We were warned of Venice and strollers but I would have to say by staying in this hotel a walk to St Marks or to the Rialto has only one bridge to cross and was worth having. Any furthur than that I would opt for the baby carrier.
INCLUDED breakfast! which is always a hit for me. We started each day off with a light breakfast and fantastic coffee. The staff was very friendly and directed us to a great resturant and info for the waterbus to the airport.
The day AFTER we returned home I realized my wallet was left in the safe in our room. I called and the staff found my wallet, contacted a currier and sent it back to me with everything as it was. THANKS!!!

Comments