Hotel Amadeus

Satisfaction Average

Rated 11% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

• Charlin_Baby's Profile Photo

Venice.....

I was there in Carnaval, all the hotels was full, and this too!!!

Unique Quality: Hotel Amadeus is distinguished by it's greats location offering easy access. Near the grand Canal and very close the most important museum, it is just a few minutes from the Rialto Bridge and Piazza San Marco

Directions: Near the Stazione

• kazander's Profile Photo

my 1st

The Amadeus was my first stay in a European Hotel. I had no idea how small the elevators were going to be! Like little closets.
    It had a lovely lobby with a very nice sitting area. The rooms were nice with good bathrooms that had tubs AND showers. I soon came to find that this would not always be the case in Italy.

Directions: Not far from the train station

• shirez's Profile Photo

Amadeus Hotel - Venezia

When we arrived to Venezia didn't have an accomodation reserved for us.
    Because we were staying only for one night, we decided to take a hotel as soon as possible, just for not losing so much time with finding the best one for a good price.
    We liked Amadeus a lot, when noticed it from the street, so asked them and we had a very nice small room with the shower and breakfast included for 120 EUR.
    The best thing was that we had to leave the room only at 12pm, and were able to leave our baggages at the reception until 8pm.
    Later we just learnt that the room's price was about 255 EUR, so they made only the discount for the 1-night stay..
    Anyway, I really liked it.. only our neighbours were tooo italian, and I don't know why but they suffered insomnia..:-)

Directions: Very close to the train station

More about Hotel Amadeus

Free tour to Murano from 4 and 5 star hotels

by kkkitkat

The 4 star Amadeus Hotel in Cannagerio pleasantly surprised me with a free round trip private boat ride over to Murano with a private tour (one on one ) of one of the "furnaces" there, complete with a history of the art of glassblowing. They do not advertise this feature , so before paying for transportation or private tour of Murano just ask your hotel.(if its 4 or 5 stars) ps. you dont have to buy anything - they will still give you the tour... Also the Amadeus Hotel is immaculately clean with a huge hot breakfast and a great location. Another tip for a cheap transfer from the Airport is to get on the nbr 5 bus (actv) only 3 euro and take it to Piazale Roma then its a 10 min walk to the Amadeus. You really dont have to pay USD100.00 or more to get from the Airport to any hotel. Research the local transportation. The 10 minute walk had 2 bridges with lots of stairs to climb but a teenage boy saw me struggle a little and asked if he carry my bag over the bridge but only if he could practice his English!! He refused money and I was thrilled with my 1st introduction to the Venetian people!!!! I am a single, mid-aged pretty woman who has always traveled alone. While on my way to my Doges Palace Tour I was rushing through St. Marks Sq and right in front of the 4 pc orchestra,who were playing a waltz, an Italian man (older) just grabbed me by the hand and I started waltzing with him. The crowd applauded us and kept saying STAY ---but I yelled back "The Doge awaits me...."
After much laughter, the Italian man kissed me hand in a very gallant way.
Everything is so ancient there. After Sunday Mass in St. Lucy's Church there was a local bake sale and the priest took me through the "secret passage way" to get there because the rain was coming down hard. It really was the secret way with a spooky hidden staircase... I absolutley loved my trip to Venice. But stay away from buying a coke at St. Marks sit- down restuarant - 8 euro -($11.20) Stick with the water - only 4 euro better yet buy it from a grocer only 1.5 euro....

GERMANY>Dresden>Hotel Amadeus

by globetrott about Hotel Amadeus

In summer 2004 I came to Dresden with my motorhome, but in winter 2004 I decided to stay in a hotel,simply because they had such a good offer, and Andrey ( bugulma) had also booked in that hotel already, and as I wanted to meet him , I made a search for their web-page and found a really convincing offer "Für Sparfüchse" (super-saver) I had a nice singleroom with a kingsize-bed, satellite-TV, great private facilities and even a balcony
and for 2 nights I payed 33 Euros each, an excellent breakfast-buffet and a welcomedrink included.
Behind the house there is a big parking and the only handicap was the lift that ended between the floors and you always need to walk a few steps up or down to get to your room.
Breakfast and restaurant are in the cellar.
The staff was always friendly and very nice !!

Amadeus HotelAmadeus Hotel

Hotel Amadeus or other hotels in Sevilla

by sevilla72

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Amadeus in Sevilla? If so, what did you think? I'm also looking for any good hotels in Central Sevilla...no hostels. Thanks so much in advance,

Tara
Happy travels.

Re: Hotel Amadeus or other hotels in Sevilla

by hawkhead

Try Las Casa de los Mercaderes - charming and centrally located in the old quarter.

Comments