Castello 2135/a, Venice, Veneto, 30122, Italy

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 62% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• DEY's Profile Photo

Great hotel on the Canal!

Hi! The two times I was in Venice, I stayed at:

Castello 2135/A, 30122 Venice

Webpage: www.hotelbucintoro.com/

The location is great, right on the Grand Canal with wonderful views. I loved staying there!

dey

Directions: On the Canal, next to the Naval Museum

More about Hotel Bucintoro

Bucintoro is Perfect for Venice

by TripAdvisor Member arborman

We arrived at the Bucintoro a bit frazzled and travel-weary (who ever arrives bright-eyed and refreshed?) to find that although we had contacted the hotel, we had not confirmed the reservation and so had none. Ready to be disappointed, we were quickly and cheerfully assured that it was not a problem and were given a lovely room with a fantastic view of the lagoon and the many ships and sailboats. This was a pleasure trip, and when I travel for fun I am solely interested in the place, not so much the accomodations. However, after enjoying the sights and beauty of Venice and returning pleasantly exhausted to the hotel, there was no letdown in the experience. The room wasn't overly large, but furnishings and decor were all first rate. The bath was well designed and well supplied. The location is fantastic, just one little bridge away from the Arsenale vaporetti stop. From the sidewalk tables in front of the hotel, you can see (and hear) two beautiful campaniles, an image I will always treasure. The staff was unfailingly polite, friendly and helpful. (I left some shirts in our room and weeks later figured out what I had done, emailed the hotel, and the forgotten shirts were promptly shipped to me in the States.) I enthusiastically recommend the Bucintoro, to old Venice hands and first-timers alike.

Learn about the history of Gondolas

by Luchonda

Visiting Venice and learn everything how to make and handle the most symbolic way of transport in Venice. A challenge indeed
Take your time, stroll around on this "Boulevard" or Zattere and visit the Scuola voga-vela.It is impressive to see how a Gondola (11meters long and 600 kg of weight) is put into the Canale della Giudecca The local school "Society Canottieri Bucintoro" will give you all necessary equipment and instructors

The medieval powerhouse of Venice

by domenicococozza

Arsenale dates from 1104 AD, when it bacame the shipbuilding centre for the Ventian Empire.
Galleys and merchant ships were all built here along with the 'Bucintoro' - the Doge's ceremonial barge. The Arsenale is still the property of the Italian navy, so, alas, not open to the public. But a visit to it's fortress like walls and a brief glimpse into the foyer is well worth the effort

Naval History Museum

by sandysmith

Whilst in Castello it really is worth visiting the Naval History muesum - and considering the amount of displays there are over 5 floors plus the boat storehouse around the corner by Arsenale the entrace fee is ridiculously cheap - 1.5 euros was the grand cost.
Here's a quick summary of whats to see: Please see all the pics.
Ground Floor - artifacts from the second world war, including manned torpedoes invented in Italy.
First Floor - models and other remnants of the shipbuilding trade. The best exhibit is the huge model of a Bucintoro, a ridiculously grand vessel used by the Doge in an annual ceremony in which he would conduct a marriage between the city with the sea with the help of a huge ring.
Second Floor - lagoon craft, including some lovely old historic gondolas
Third floor - a collection of 24 Chinese junks and silk panels
Fourth Floor - northern vessels, Viking craft and a collection of stunning seas-shells - the colours here were mesmerising!
Don't forget to see the view over the rootops to Arsenale from the top floor windows :-0
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:45 am-1:30pm; Saturday 8:45am-1pm
2148 Riva degli Schiavoni, Castello

Museo Storico Navale – amazing collections

by Trekki

And now my most favourite museum of all Venezia – the Museo Storico Navale. If you are interested in the city herself, how she became what she was and is, a visit to this museum is a MUST. But do plan this visit in advance as the museum has very strange opening hours. It is closed on Sundays and on the other days it is only open until 1:30 p.m. And do visit the museum’s website beforehand to know which floors you would like to see. It is in Italian only but quite easy to read: piano = floor and “mouse over” the pink spots shows photos of the exhibits in each floor and section.
The museum is located in La Serenissima’s former granary and belongs to the Italian Navy. On 5 floors it shows literally everything connected to Venezia and her naval past. What I found most fascinating are the old prints with aerial views of the city and of course the old gondolas. But the best of all is the replica of the Bucintoro, the glorious doge’s galley, the one with which the doges sailed out into the sea to celebrate Venezia’s marriage with the sea. The replica is approx. 3-4 m long and sits in a glass cabinet (careful when you take photos! Switch off the flash – I almost got blinded because I forgot) and carved or modelled very much elaborate! I almost forgot to move on, while I kept looking and discovering more details.
On the other floors you will see old ship laterns (ground floor), figureheads and old ships and the Bucintoro (first floor), nautical instruments and clothes (second floor), old gondolas, including Peggy Guggenheim’s and very interesting descriptions and models of how gondolas are built (in English as well, third floor), a collection of all different kinds of sea shells and plants (fourth floor) and the Swedish section with information about Venezia’s connection to Sweden (between third and fourth floor).

But the best of all is the entrance fee: as low as 1,55 € !!!
Opening hours:: Mo-Fri: 8:45 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., Sat: 8:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Sundays and holidays closed

As this museum fascinated me most, I took tons of photos and have added two more albums about the Bucintoro and the museum in general. Only photos at the moment, and more explanations when I have time :-)

Very Relaxing Stay

by TripAdvisor Member turleyg

We have just departed venice after a wonderful 3 days staying in Hotel bucintoro. The location is in a quiet area along the sea front. The hotel was recently renovated according to the receptionist where it was previously a 2 star hotel. The upgrade was well worth it as the rooms although small are well appointed. Breakfast was excellent and the local area has very good restaurants at more reasonable prices than those in the tourist hotspots.

Fantastic location. Rooms above and beyond what you need for luxury.

by TripAdvisor Member bev383

Fantastic location. Rooms were above and beyond what you need for luxury. Staff was helpful and gave us lots of info that helped us navigate Venice. Breakfast was very, very good. More than enough for the money. I would stay there again and again. I have stayed at the Dorchester in London and felt that Hotel Bucintoro was more comfortable and more responsive to my needs. A+

The right choice for Venice

by TripAdvisor Member sweetgirlSt_Louis

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Bucintoro from September 10th through September 14th and were absolutely delighted with our choice. Venice is full of hotels of every kind and making a choice can be overwhelming. This hotel has just recently reopened after a two year renovation and the owners did a wonderful job.

First, the hotel is in an ideal location. Just steps from the Arsenale vaparetto stop and in the Castello district, it is quiet and convenient away from the noisy crowds in and near St. Mark's square. Just around the corner from the hotel is a lovely residential street with several shops and restaurants which are clearly frequented by people who live in Venice rather than just tourists.

If you check the hotel's website, the rooms are exactly as you see them. We stayed in a wonderful junior suite on the third floor which had windows on two sides. At night the shutters were closed and there was complete silence. The views were stunning.

The hotel staff was not only pleasant but went out of their way to help us with our requests.. In particular our thanks to Michele who managed to obtain tickets for us to the Doge's Palace with the Secret Itinerary tour included and sent us to the a fabulous restaurant on our last night in Venice which made the evening one of the most memorable of our stay (despite the fact that the evening was cold and rainy.

Our visit to Venice was made special by our stay at the Hotel Bucintoro and upon our return we would not consider any other hotel.

Wonderful!!!

by TripAdvisor Member trvltm

We love this hotel.
My two teenaged sons and I were at the Hotel Bucintoro from July 19-July 21 after ending a 12 day cruise. Our cruise cabin was large with a balcony, so I wanted our hotel room after the cruise to be very nice. I was somewhat hesitant about booking this hotel because there wasn't anything about it on Trip Advisor. But the pictures of the rooms I found on other websites were so lovely, and the decor of the hotel was based on an entirely different aspect and history of Venice than any of the other hotels I came across, that we had to try it.
We made the right choice!
This hotel is lovely! We were in room 205 which is a junior suite, overlooking the lagoon with a beautiful view of San Giorgio Maggiore. The rooms have a wonderful, rich feeling of the nautical history that is Venice. The pictures you see on their website are 100% what your room will look like, but even more beautiful in person. Both of my sons are nearly 6 ft tall, and we all felt the room was very spacious. We were there during the Feast and Regatta of the Redeemer, which is a huge celebration of boats in the lagoon and overall partying everywhere. We had three large double windows that opened and overlooked all the festivities, which ended with the largest fireworks display we have ever seen. Since there was a band playing (due to the celebration) just a few buildings from the hotel, we didn't expect we would be able to get much sleep when the fireworks ended just after midnight. What a delightful suprise to discover that when we closed our windows, almost all of the noise disappeared!! The windows are double paned and noise proof! When you close the wood shutters, ALL of the noise disappears. The hotel is not only close to Piazza San Marco, but it's a straight and direct walk. The hotel is next to a vaporetti stop and there are numerous, reasonably priced restaurants that the locals eat at within a 3 minute walk. Every single person who worked at the hotel that we interacted with was extremely nice and helpful, and went out of their way to assist us whenever possible. The breakfast buffet was delicious and had a pleasant selections of items. My sons and I had a wonderful stay at Hotel Bucintoro, and I plan on staying here again when I return to Venice with my husband next year.

Awesome

by TripAdvisor Member cateringlady

Excellent everything - From the minute we walked in the door - the staff was professional, the room was beautiful, the view was fabulous, quiet and the breakfast was also delicious - I will highly recommend this hotel to my friends and clients - It's on the main channel toward the end but this makes it much quieter and still very easy to access the attractions -

BucintoroBucintoro

model of Bucintoromodel of Bucintoro

The marvellous BucintoroThe marvellous Bucintoro

CampanileCampanile

Reasonable lodging in Venice?

by rcarr

Looking for a decent hotel not too far from Venice. We stil lwant to be able to walk without needing transportation. A furnished apartment or hotel will do. Trying to spend less than $100 per night.

Any ideas?

by giuda

My name is Michael,I live in Venice sand my date and price to this adress giuda53@yahoo.it or call my 389 5237691 Michael.

by CLUBARDENGHI

I 'v apt.630 euro x wick call me or sand me e-mail

by sabinasta

Hi, what do you think about this:
-private indipendent apartment
-1st floor
-recently restored
-living room, bedroom, bathroomwith shower, fully equiped kitchen
-very beautiful
-Fondamenta della Misericordia
-price: 35-45 euro per person daily
Contact me if it seems fine to you:
tel. +393292133565
e-mail: sabinasta@yahoo.com
Bye,
Sabina

by DEY

I've stayed twice at Pensione Bucintoro and loved it. The address is: Riva S. Biagio 2135, Venice

The phone number is: 041-5223240

Enjoy Venice!

Re: Re: Reasonable lodging in Venice?

by rcarr

Thanks everyone. Looking into your suggestions.

Comments