San Marco 2283/a, Venice, Veneto, 30124, Italy

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Costs 60% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Otterface's Profile Photo

Little Hotel Great Service

Fantastic hotel wth even better service.Beautiful courtyard garden (very rare in Venice) so if you have the choice ask or a garden view room.
    The staff are super friendly and will go out of their way to provide a service which you cannot fault

Unique Quality: Courtyard garden (great for having a bottle of prosecco in the early evening)

Directions: 5 minutes walk from San Marco Square right next to "Bulgary" shop

• geekgrrl's Profile Photo

Hotel Flora

This hotel was a charming small hotel close to the Plaza San Marco. We booked this hotel from the Venice airport because of its location and because it fit our price range.

Unique Quality: The courtyard was charming, as was our room.

• zuriga's Profile Photo

HOTEL FLORA

The Hotel Flora is a popular choice in the medium price range. Near to the more expensive hotels such as the Gritti Palace, it's a convenient location very close to all the action of Piazza San Marco. The hotel is quiet and down a lovely walkway. Breakfast is included and served in a pretty dining room. The rooms are fairly small but all have their own bathroom

Directions: Calle Largo...San Marco

More about Hotel Flora

Loved the Hotel Flora

Loved the Hotel Flora! Great location, friendly staff, and beuatiful rooms. Very much a boutique type hotel. The courtyard was a perfect start to the day for breakfast. Easy access to all of Venice and boat transportation. Very close to St. Mark's but on a nice quiet alley. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Loved the Hotel Flora

My mother and I stayed at the Hotel Flora in November 2004. We both loved the hotel - great location only blocks from San Marco, wonderful, friendly and helpful staff, charming breakfast garden, bar and dining area, and beautiful linens on the beds and in the bathroom. Our room and bathroom were small, but we didn't spend enough time in the room for that to bother us. The room and bathroom were very clean. The breakfast was an excellent continental breakfast, with cereals, yogurt, cheeses, breads, etc. The best breakfast we had in Italy!

Bella! Bella! Bella!

by TripAdvisor Member JanesWorld

Four of us spent two delightful nights at this charming hotel. We were all very happy there. The staff was helpful, friendly and professional. The garden patio was wonderful. Our room was very clean, well appointed and cozy. The bathroom was fine. The very delightful bartender served us lovey wine and drinks in the garden before we went out to dinner both nights. Ideal location. Easy access by boat. Lovely restaurants and shops nearby. I am handicapped and was easily accomodated (use walker not wheel chair). Breakfast was great! I loved Hotel Flora and and will be back. Was happy not to encounter those who want to bring thier own booze and party in the garden. This is a very genteel and civilized hotel with a wonderful staff!

Not perfect but very nice

by TripAdvisor Member Gubbini

Hotel Flora has several things to recommend it: great location on a quiet side street not far from the Grand Canal and St. Mark's, beautiful garden where breakfast is served, and very helpful staff. It is also small and quaintly furnished. I've been to Venice three times and Hotel Flora was by far the best place I've stayed. However, it has a couple shortcomings: tiny bathrooms with unenclosed showers and a mediocre breakfast.

We stayed here for four days. One of us had to change rooms (we knew this in advance) and so we had a chance to see several different rooms. My mother's room was incredibly tiny but she was happy with it. Our first room was small but our second room was quite spacious. The bathrooms were very, very small and the unenclosed showers can make for a mess if you aren't careful! (An unenclosed shower means there is no tub so that the shower curtain is the only thing between the water and every other surface in the bathroom. This isn't that uncommon in Italy, unfortunately, particularly in the older hotels.) The beds were comfortable and everything was clean.

The enclosed garden was beautiful and peaceful, a wonderful break from the bustle and noise of Venice's streets. Breakfast was ok. Three shortcomings in my opinion - no fresh fruit, tang-like orange juice and no water (if you wanted water you had to order a bottle and pay for it). Unlike some other reviews, when we were there the staff was very good about replenishing depleted breakfast items.

Also unlike other reviews, we found the staff to be very, very helpful and pleasant. They made dinner reservations for us, arranged water taxis, offered suggestions on places to dine, helped with our luggage, and effortlessly jumped from one guest's request to another. Their English was very good but they were also very gracious about our attempts to practice our Italian.

One last thing related to the cost of staying in Venice. The day we left the hotel we waited for our water taxi on a "working dock" where lots of supplies were being delivered. When we saw the effort needed just to get clean linens to hotels and dirty ones to the laundry, we better understood why everything in Venice is so expensive!

A bit over-hyped.

I loved the location of Hotel Flora, but was less enthusiastic with the actual hotel. I stayed here in late June for three nights.

The rooms are tiny, but that was to be expected. The bed was hard as a rock and the pillows felt like thick couch pillows stuffed into pillow cases. Air conditioner worked great, thank goodness.

The reason for my three star rating is two-fold: the staff and the food.

Breakfast is served from 7:30 until 10:00. We went down our first day at 9:00 and the buffet was entirely picked over and empty. The milk was warm and ice was melted. They put everything out at 7:30 and don't replenish. What was left, were 3 hard boiled eggs in a basket, all cracked and peeling. We were forced to order "extra" breakfast from the pricey menu, so we ordered soft boiled eggs. Mine came with clear evidence of the yoke having spilled out of it. Nothing like a dry, yokeless egg for 2,00 Euros. The waiter was frenetic, walking away from our table when we were mid-sentence to begin clearing another table. It was rude, and put us, as well as other diners on edge. One other guest shouted at him.

Also, we ended our 16 day Italy jaunt here, and had been given a bottle of wine from the Tuscan villa/vineyard we had stayed in earlier. I explained we'd like to drink the bottle in the courtyard because we couldn't take it home. I know they had a stated policy about not allowing that, but I expected some forgiveness, or a reasonable cork fee. I didn't expect them to absolutely refuse us, especially because the courtyard was absolutely empty.

The day before our flight back to the U.S. I went down to the desk to ask where an internet cafe was so I could check the flight. The desk clerk was sitting at a 21" monitor, so I asked him if he'd be willing to quickly log on to British Airways to check for me. Well! The look he gave me could have killed a horse. But, he agreed. Only in principle, though. Because, despite me giving him the British Airways web address, he just couldn't seem to bring himself to actually type what I wrote down for him. It was aggravating. I'm spending $1,000 to stay three nights, and the desk clerk can't check a flight for me? I ended up walking 10 minutes to the internet cafe and spending 6,00 Euros.

I cannot reccomend this hotel.

A truly enchanting place from which to see Venice

by TripAdvisor Member llbennett

Our family of four spent three nights in mid-August in a lovely room arranged in a comfortable manner to meet our needs. Yes, the bathroom was a bit small, but the beatiful linens and domestic touches throughout more than compensated for that inconvenience . Giovanni was very professional in directing us as to how best structure our desired experiences each moring after completing a fabulous breakfast in th enchanted garden. Just a joy! We loved our location..so close to the sites, but felt a true security once back at the hotel. We would definitey return in the future.Linda Bennett LLBin CDC@cox,net.

Hotel Flora review

by travelinstyle

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel FLora in Venice--do not find a review on site?
thanks