Hotel Giardinetto

Piazza le Santa Maria Elisabetta 3, Venice, Veneto, 30126, Italy

Marea Hotel Giardinetto
Hotels.com Orbitz.com Venere.com

More about Hotel Giardinetto

Venice - Places to stay, eat and visit!

by Archeryl

Hello there!

I need some advice please.

I'll be heading to Gorizia from July 3 to July 12 for a choral competition. I'll be extending on my own after July 12. Are there any interesting sites in Gorizia that I should extend my stay there, or is it sufficient that during my competition stay there, I would be able to see all the places of interest?

From there, I intend to head to Venice. As I'm on a super low budget, I found and heard "Alba D'Oro Camping" is very affordable and good - any comments? I intend to stay either a night in Gorizia and a night in Venice or simply 2 nights in Venice. What are the interesting sites I should look out for in Venice? Where do I get afforable and good Italian food?

From there, I intend to head to London-Stanstead.Is it easy to get to Marco Polo Airport from "Alba D'Oro Camping?"

I am 20 years old currently, just started work - assisting lawyers, residing in Singapore. I intend to extend my stay alone and it'll be my first trip alone, and I'll be forking out all expenses myself so I'm going for the best discounts!!! So I'd appreciate any suggestions! Thank you!

by cosette04

hi there are a lot of places to see in Venice....like the Piazza San Marco, Murano is also a must see, the Bridge of Sigh of course.
try the Gondola or just take a taxi going to Murano factory
you can try staying at Hotel Giardinetto.

i was in Venice three years and the place is just so beautiful especially at night.

I cant just recommend restaurants for you coz there are a lot to choose from and are also budget friendly.

happy trip.

by globetrott

Hi !

For Venice, I would recommend a hostel ( there are some good recommendations in the VT-page about Venice ).
a good hostel seems to be close to Accademia-bridge.

If you live in a camping-site, you will need a boat to get into town and these boats will not run the whole day and not very frequently, and will cost a lot of extra money !!
For cheap food leave the tourist-areas and go to small bars. NEVER sit on a table, but stand at the bar to eat ( the smae food is less than half of the price at the Bar)

Concerning the answer by VT-member Cosette04 :
"...try the Gondola or just take a taxi going to Murano factory"

Gondolas and water-taxis are a complete ripp-off and NOT affordable by ordinary tourists. !!!

Buy a 24-hour ticket (or 72 hours ) for a moderate price and you may go as well to Murano, Torcello, San Michele and all other islands.

good luck !

Michael

by sabinasta

If you like a private accomodation maybe I can reccommend you a nice apartment in historical center. Just check my travel pages - venice - tip hotels and accomodation - villa tonut.
Have a nice trip,