San Marco 2053, Venice, Veneto, 30124, Italy

Kette Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Young Travelers - Do not stay here!

"My two and I were traveling Europe in July and our agent booked us a room here because of price and location. We met another friend in Venice for the day to tour the city together as she was also traveling through Italy. That particular day the Italian transit went on strike around noon so my friend who met us for the day had no way of leaving the island until the next day at noon when the strike was off. (We did not plan for this to happen, she had train tickets to leave the city at 6pm). We assumed she would have no problem staying with us in our hotel that night because of the circumstances. We came back to Hotel Kette around 11pm and the manager at the front desk had the front door locked. He asked to see all of our ID's which we had but because my one friend did not have a reservation he would not let her in. We kindly tried to explain the situation to him (WAHGHI EL DIN) but he was INCREDIBLY ignorant and threatened to not let any of us back in the hotel. We pleaded with him to let us in the hotel because the rest of the town was shut down at that time of night. He ended up charging my friend 200 euros to purchase her own room instead of letting her stay with us. The next morning we were walking down to breakfast and overheard this man (WAGHI EL DIN) mocking us in Italian to his co workers. We were extremely upset and the entire ordeal ruined our trip in Venice. YOUNG TRAVELERS do not stay here. Ignorant, rude, and unaccommodating!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Unique Quality: Rooms were dark and poorly decorated. Not recommended.

Directions: Location was good, that is about it.

• domenicococozza's Profile Photo

Comfortable 4 star

Stayed for 3 nights at the hotel kette on at the end of a ski holiday to cortina d'ampezzo.
    Left all our ski gear in the left luggage room at Marco Polo Airport and took a very cold trip across the lagoon on the Alilaguna shuttle service.
    I would describe the Kette as a minor 4 star hotel(just scraped through from 3 star status).
    We did stay in a suite(Kath's birthday)which was very comfortable but the view from our bedroom window was another window across a narrow canal. All that said, the hotel was clean and well managed. There is a stunning marble floor in the reception area and they do have a porterage service and lift. The bar was small but functional.
    Nothing out of the ordinary

Directions: Stone's throw from La Fenice Opera House

• latinatraveler's Profile Photo

Best hotel experience!

We stayed at Hotel Kette for 4 nights last July. The hotel has traditional Venetian decor. Don't be fooled by its modest exterior -- this hotel was fabulous! Our room was spacious (which is a uncommon in Europe) and overlooked a small canal. Breakfast was included with our stay with a very nice spread of a continental breakfast and Italian espresso. It was a great start to our day. The staff was most helpful and accommodating. It is right off Via XXII Marzo, a major street lined with top designer stores and a quick 5 min walk to Piazza San Marco.

Directions: It is right off Via XXII Marzo, a major street lined with top designer stores, a quick 5 min walk from Piazza San Marco.

• Don't go there

For a four-star hotel, the rooms are not especially wonderful. Someone messed up and reserved a "matrimonio" for me and my teenaged daughter. I said it wasn't acceptable. Although the man in charge said he would change it, the change came with a snotty remark that "You are going to get a lot less than you paid for." After
    a call to the wholesale agent in Italy, they gave us the room with 2 beds but with an upgrade.

I am laughing at the two comments where they warn people not to bring in food from the outside. In my case, I was publicly chastized for trying to leave the breakfast buffet with ONE slice of cheese and ONE apple because my daughter didn't feel well enough to leave the room that morning. The waiter yelled at us publicly.

They really should work on their public relations skills. A few times some of them were nice about directions or restaurant recommendations on the other side of the Canal. The hotel is removed from the crowds but near San Marco which is unbearable in the summer due to heat and other visitors who are taking pictures of pigeons.
    But the neighborhood itself has really gauche shops like Gucci and Prada so that their is little of local flavor about it.

Unique Quality: One side of the hotel has a view of a tiny canal. The other side faces a building. There is a computer for use.
    The breakfast was very nice except when the waiter went nuts on me for smuggling out the cheese and apple.
    It makes me laugh even more because they have a bar and clearly have no problem bringing liquor for sale up to your room!

Directions: Around San Marco, near all the ultra-expensive shops (Gucci, Prada) but away from the crowds

• maritoni's Profile Photo

Best Location - for shopping and San Marco

Well, first of all, you cant bring food inside - or dont let them see you bring food inside or they will ask you to pay for any carpet or furniture damages... Other than that, housekeeping staff are very friendly. Best location - 2 mins walk to San Marco, the boat and the shopping area!!! yehey!!... Free breakfast included in your meals.

Dont forget to tip the bellman - I was told that 15Euro is the average tip at 5Euro per luggage - Ouch...

Unique Quality: Upon entry to the room, (good for 3 people) there is a fold a sofa which can serve as an extra bed... then, a door leads to the bedroom.

• vaara's Profile Photo

Hotel Kette

Lit. 220000-350000 for a single. But check for special offers.

Unique Quality: Probably the best thing is the location. Otherwise, this is a comfortable but not exceptional place, with the usual four-star amenities - minibar, air conditioning, etc. Unusually for Italy, they have non-smoking rooms. Not so unusual is the fact that some of the rooms have no view... so make sure you ask when making your reservation.

Directions: San Marco, 2053.

Very nice location on a quiet side 'street' about 5 minutes from San Marco. Very close to La Fenice opera house, and to the American Express office.

The closest vaporetto st

More about Hotel Kette

Don't trust the Kette!

by TripAdvisor Member Helski

I just arrived back from a short weekend in Venice and had the same experience as another reviewer for the Hotel Kette. When my husband and I arrived we were told that there had been a computer problem and so we could not stay in the Hotel but would be moved to a hotel down the road. When I commented on the fact that I had read this in a review on the web he brushed me off.

So beware, you may book into the Hotel Kette - but you may be moved elsewhere!!

However, I can say that the Hotel Saturno where we were moved to was excellent, helpful and friendly.

1st trip to Venice

The Hotel Kette is in an excellent central position. The room was very clean and spacious and the hotel staff very polite and extremely helpful. Very good continential breakfast. Hope to return to Venice and the Hotel Kette.

Great Hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member fritzidoodle

The Hotel Kette in Venice, Italy was terrific. We spent three nights there. Great ambience, great food and wonderful people. The location couldn't have been better. I would go back in a second and would highly recommend it to anyone.

After cuise stay and transportation

by natka130

Hi there,

We are ending our a cruise in Venice mid September'08 and I know the dock in Venice is near Piazzale Roma, on the main island. Could someone recommend a hotel to stay overnight with easy transportation to the main attrtactions and Marco Polo Airport.

All sugestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Natasha

Re: After cuise stay and transportation

by domenicococozza

A good central hotel with easy access to the attractions and the airport is the
Hotel Kette.
When you disembark rom the ship, the nearest vaporetto stop is S.Marta. Board vaporetto no.62 and disembark at Valaresso. The hotel is about a two minute walk from there.
When leaving for Marco Polo Airport, you can catch the Alilaguna service(blue or red line)from San Marco - again, just a few minutes from th hotel.
Check out: htp://www.hotelkette.com/en/location.htm

Re: After cuise stay and transportation

by corysharon

we stayed at the bestwestern Blongna the spelling could be wrong. 4 of us where going on a cruise. it was very close to the ship and airport but you have to take a very short train ride to the main tourist area then use water transport to st marc's etc.

Comments