Hotel-Pensione Wildner

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Venere.com

Costs 51% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo

A Room with a View

I know that is a Florence reference, but, it was lovely! Pinch me lovely.

My friend Linda told me about the hotel and I am happy she did.

Unique Quality: The View, and, Elisabetta!

• venica's Profile Photo

There's alot of nice small...

There's alot of nice small hotels or 'pensione' in Venice...from the cheap ones to the very most expencive ones. I have stayed at 'Pensione Wildner' at San Saccharia several times. It is a very nice small hotel with the very best location! Or; if you can afford it, rent an appartement with a garret. If you are several going together, an appartement could actually be cheaper! Last year I rented an appartement from a company I found on the internet. The appartement was really great, the location was perfect and the service as well! The URL to this site is http://www.stb.dircon.co.uk/

Nomather what you want to know about Venice I'm sure you can find it here! It's a very nice site and for what I've seen; it's updated very often. I've searched the net for Venice sites alot of times, and this is the best one I've found!

Unique Quality: From Pensione Wildner you have a great view over the lagoon. You can watch the very special light in the morning and evening. Watch the boat traffic... vaporetto.. gondols.. barca...and somtimes huge tourist boats passing. The people running this hotel are very
    nice and friendly. You can have your breakfast outside in the morning sun... nice, truly great!

Directions: Cheapest, but surely not nicest place to stay is around S.Lucia Railway Station. Closer to Rialto and San Marco you have to pay some more. Try the Arsenale area!

More about Hotel-Pensione Wildner

Heavenly Carpaccio of Salmon

by jlee008 about Pensione Wildner

This restaurant is adjacent to the Hotel Wildner and is simply labeled "Ristorante" on the outside of its awning. It is conviently right down from the Piazza San Marco along the waterfront, past the large statue. The ambiance is lovely and the view of San Giorgio is lovely in the evening. It is nice to sit and watch people go by as you eat your dinner. The waiters are pleasant and speak limited English. There are two separate sections of the menu. One is the regular menu and the other is the tourist menu. I highly suggest not choosing from the tourist menu, you will miss out on alot of great food. There were a number of dishes that were excellent. I mentioned the carpaccio of salmon, that was an excellent appetizer. One night I had the steak with this olive oil, garlic, red peppered pasta that was scrumptous. I liked it so much that I had that same meal the second night!! They also had a wonderful selection of Italian wine that complemented the food well.

Walking along Riva degli Schiavoni

by Jefie

If you walk past the Palazzo Ducale heading for the Castello area, you'll find yourself on the Riva degli Schiavoni which, together with Piazza San Marco, has for a very long time been one of Venice's most popular high-scale tourist areas. Even if you don't plan on staying at one of the Riva's upscale hotels or have dinner at one of the rather expensive restaurants, it's still fun to go on a lazy stroll in the evening and take in all the sights and atmosphere.

From the Ponte della Paglia, you can first admire the "Bridge of Sighs", which was built at the beginning of the 17th century to connect the Palazzo Ducale with the new prisons. Although it sounds and looks quite romantic, the "Ponte dei Sospiri" actually got its name from the prisoners' laments as they made their was across the bridge and into the prison. Another point of interest on the Riva degli Schiavoni is Hotel Danieli, an upscale hotel established in a 14th century palazzo that has attracted many famous guests throughout the years, including authors such as Marcel Proust and Charles Dickens as well as composers such as Claude Debussy and Richard Wagner - it's definitely worth going inside to take a look at the gorgeous lobby area! Another hotel with a literary connection on the Riva degli Schiavoni that was of interest to me is the Pensione Wildner, where Henry James resided in 1881 as he was putting the final touch to his famous novel "The Portrait of a Lady".

Pensione Wildner RistorantePensione Wildner Ristorante

Pensione Wildner on Riva degli SchiavoniPensione Wildner on Riva degli Schiavoni

Good budget accomodation in Venice

by nacra

My wife, daughter and mother-in-law (65yrs) will be staying in venice in early December for a few days.
We would like to get a good 2 star hotel that is not too far away from centre of things in Venice.
Can anyone recommend a hotel?
I have heard the Hotel Villa Rosa? is OK.

by Maramato

Hi! I have travelled to Venice 7 times. It is my favourite place in the world! I have done heaps of research on hotels. I should like to recommend Pensione Wildner which is right on the promenade with magnificent views to Isola St Giorgio. I have stayed there on 3 visits. There are rooms with this view. The breakfast is served in a very nice restaurant which has views to the Island and full breakfasts are served from 7.30 if I recall correctly. You can sit here and plan your day and watch the Venetians head off to their offices. One hotel I stayed in last November served breakfast in your room at 09.00 which I had not realised and was not happy about. Be sure to check about breakfasts - where they are served and at what time. In many hotels in Venice breakfast is served in your room which is not ideal for everyone.

La Calcina on the Zattere is very, very popular and is indeed fully booked for 2nd week in November. Also, I recommend that you do ask when checking availability of hotels f they can reduce the cost. I spoke with one hotel this morning and pointed out the price was a little over my budget and the proprietor reduced the cost by 10 euros per day!

You will adore Venice.

Maria Amato

by sabinasta

Hi,
if you like private accomodation check this: www.rentalo.com - Venice - Apartment Tonut.
It is very lovely and centrally located and the price is 100 euros daily.
Sabina.

by jmhenry1123

I can give you a great 3 star bed and breakfast at Campo San Bartolomeo in the San Marco Zone.

It is called Ca' Leon d'Oro. I stayed there at the end of May for 90 euro for a single. I don't think doubles are much more expensive.

I made my reservation at venere.com

Comments