Riva del Ferro, Ponte Di Rialto 5149, Venice, Veneto, 30124, Italy

Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• rcsparty's Profile Photo

Rialto Hotel

We've stayed at this hotel during two different visits, both times getting an apartment type room to accomodate the family. You can't beat the location of this hotel, as it looks out over the Rialto Bridge and the Grand Canal. We had great rooms both times and got a good rate. The only downside, is the elevator does not go all the way up, so if you get a room near the top, you will be carrying luggage up the stairs.

• colbeck100's Profile Photo

Great location at the heart of Venice

There are better hotels but if you can get a good price the LOCATION will make it worth your while. The hotel is right next to the Rialto, it's the red building next to the bridge in all the photos. We had a good stay there the staff was pleasant and the room was ornate without being special. It overlooked a street at the back. There was NO NOISE despite being on a main thoroughfare. Loads of cheaper places to eat
    when compared to St Mark's.
    We got a 4 nights for 3 with Hotel Connect.

Unique Quality: From the Rialto you can walk to just about anywhere on the island within 20 minutes.
    There are vaporetta stops outside the Hotel which is very convenient. A canal view would have been nice but we would have had to pay much more. The shopping near the hotel in the markets and in the shops seemed good value. We enjoyed the open air market and strolling through San Polo after dark. It was quiet and at times eerie without being at all threatening. That's the beauty of staying right in the centre.

Directions: On arrival don't use water taxi or vaporetto from the airport since you have to change at St Mark's. Just get a bus to the bus station and then get on a Vaporetto. #1 or #58 you can't miss the bridge- then it's your stop. Enjoy

• Polly74's Profile Photo

Centrally located

Fantastic stay!!! And we had the chance to have a very nice room at a very discounted price!

Unique Quality: It enjoys a spectacular position at the foot of the Rialto Bridge. Here, you are really in the centre of all that this legendary city has to offer, in the heart of the shopping area and just a few minutes walk from St. Mark's square.
    Each room has a Jacuzzi :-))

• kristeng's Profile Photo

My favourite hotel is the...

My favourite hotel is the Rialto, right overlooking the Rialto Bridge. And just over the bridge is one of the local markets, where you can buy all your fresh fruit for breakfast. (The Rialto's the pink one in the photo.)

• rtschneider's Profile Photo

The second time I was in...

The second time I was in Venice we stayed at Hotel Rialto which was directly next to the Rialto Bridge. It was a little pricey but very nice and extremely easy to find. This is very important in Venice. Hotels near a landmark are more important than you might think!

More about Hotel Rialto Venezia

Best hotel in Venice

by TripAdvisor Member MicheleLausanne

Definitely the best hotel in Venice, overlooking the grand canal and the worldfamous Rialto Bridge, central location, great rooms and very good service. After visiting on several occasion many hotels in Venice, Hotel Rialto has been the best choice. Staff is friendly and the restaurant of the hotel offers great food on its terrace overlooking the Grand Canal. Overall very good value for money

What a view

by TripAdvisor Member aliandmark

We visited the Hotel Rialto as a last minute romantic getaway weekend. We had booked a junior suite with a Grand Canal View and first impressions were very good. The room itself was huge and very inkeeping with Venice. The bathroom was extremely disappointing and if you wanted to go into the bathroom and shut the door behind you, you needed a shoe horn, it was tiny and not particularly plush. The view of the Grand Canal from the window was also somewhat disappointing. I'm sure it once provided a view of the Grand Canal... that is until they built the water taxi terminals right underneath the window!

No tea and coffee making facilities in the room, so be warned, they'll charge you 6 euros for every cup of tea ordered.

A continental breakfast was included in the price. The usual spread...

Sorry but we didn't like Venice, it was dirty, drab and unkempt looking. Yes I know it's old, but a place should be old and looked after. Venice appeared not looked after at all.

Sorry but we won't be returning.

We loved the Rialto

by TripAdvisor Member chescha

Picking a hotel to stay in for two nights in Venice was a very big issue. After deciding what we wanted the hotel to do for us the Rialto fit the bill. Location was important and being right next to the Rialto Bridge was perfect. Was there hustle and bustle, and boat traffic, and street venders....Yes!,...and that was part of the magic of Venice that we wanted to belong to. We stayed in the balcony room with the flags...the room featured in their brochure . Needless to say I felt like a Queen. I emailed the hotel 4 times before we arrived and each email was promptly answered....the entire staff had perfect English..they were very kind, and made us feel at home and special. We were very fortunate to pick the Rialto for our last nights in Europe. If you were there in October 2004 maybe we waved to you from our balcony. We were the couple with big smiles on our faces.

Alilaguna

by isabella1976

Buonogiorno,

We want to catch the Alilaguna into Venice after we arrive at the airport with the direction of St Mark's Square. Does anyone know how far the Alilaguna boat pier from the airport is in walking time? I've heard its a bit of a mission/walk to find it?

Going on the official site it says there is a stop called Rialto - is this the Rialto Bridge? Coz thats the one we want?

Also, for the water buses -is the stop Ferrovvia Scalzi the correct stop for St Lucia train station?

Thanks :)

by Simone511

I was in Venice last month and took the ferry from St Marco Square to the airport. Once we arrived at the airport pier it was a seven or so minute walk to the actual airport.

by effeti

Rialto means the zone of the bridge, yes. So, not far from it. The alilaguna orange ("arancio") line stops somwhere there, right.

Ciao
Francesco

by suvanki

Hi- Yes, its a 7 minute walk from Marco Polo Airport to the Alilaguna pier. Well sign posted along a paved route. There are shuttle buses apparently that run this short route, but I've not seen one, and I'm not sure how often they run

At the pier are ticket offices, to purchase your ticket. My last trip by this route was in June 07 and it cost 12 euros return.
I found the staff were very helpful, in recommending the best route to take, and how long you have to wait til the next departure.
There is a bar/cafe nearby to grab a drink or snack, if you have to wait a while.

The Alilaguna route to San Marco takes just over an hour stopping at the Lido, then Murano before reaching San Zaccariah then San Marco.

My first trip to Venice for Christmas 06, I travelled this way, and it was exciting arriving at night in San Marco.

However, this Christmas, I opted for the quicker and cheaper option of getting a bus from the airport to Piazzo Roma. In just over 30 minutes from leaving the airport, I was heading along the Grand Canal to my hotel.

Rialto is 6 stops from P. Roma on Route 1.

From San Marco routes 1, 3 and 82 take You to Rialto

I purchased a tourist travel ticket from the Tourist info office at the airport, which gave me unlimited travel on the bus, ACTV waterbuses and local trains.You can purchase these at the Vaporetto stations also.

Yes, You're correct - Ferrovia Stazione is the vaporetto stop for St Lucia train station. Scalzi is the name of the church next to the station.

Have A Great trip! Please feel free to contact me if You have any further questions. On my Venice transport tips there are some photos and more info about the Alilugana service, vaporettos etc.

Best Wishes,