Hotel Saturnia And International

Hotel Saturnia & International
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Luxury and Quality

We went here for a long weekend in March and had a fantastic stay. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, both before we arrived and during our stay. We stayed in a Junior Suite, which was extremely luxurious (it was a special occasion) and the bathroom was something else! The breakfast was very good with several options in a buffet style. There is also a restaurant attached to the hotel, 'La Cavella' that looked fine although we never ate there. The hotel is in a great location for sightseeing either on foot or by water ferries. It is also very easy to find, something not to be taken lightly in Venice!

Unique Quality: The hotel is not on the Grand Canal but overlooks a quieter canal to the rear with several rooms having balconies. The concierge service is excellent. The hotel is in an old building and this is reflected in the decor, which is very 'English-castle' like.

Directions: 5 min walk west of Piazza San Marco

• Venice Hotels, a great 4 stars Hotel

...well what to say of a 4 stars hotel which is located just a couple of minutes from St. Mark's Square? Obviously location is not all for an hotel but it is really a great feature indeed!
    The hotel itself is an ancient building of XIV century, inside you can see how an antique original Venetian Palazzo was in those years as it is really spendidly mantained!
    WiFi is present, not in all areas however its free of charge!
    Staff is just as helpfull as a person can be (and even more!)
    I can't wait to stay in venice again... and the the Hotel Saturnia of course!

Unique Quality: Great Location
    Original venetian ancient building and decor
    helpfull staff

Directions: in Via XXII Marzo one of the best shopping street and most famous of Venice

• Venice Hotel Saturnia & International

I went to Venice on August, and had a wonderful experience, I got a special hotel offer via their web site http://www.hotelsaturnia.it which is surely the most convenient way to get the best rate. The room was nice and the staff really heplful and cheerful. Breakfast really nice !!

I have to mention the location which is really fantastic only couple of minutes from St. Mark's which is the very center of Venice!

By the way WiFi there is free of charge and for those who don't have a laptop can still access the internet with free of charge PC !

Unique Quality: WiFi , restaurant, bar, solarium, conference room

Directions: The very center of city

• Misleading and Overpriced

In booking this purportedly 4 star hotel for a stay in December I emailed them directly to verify the price, etc. I then called to confirm. I mention this because at no time did they mention that their restaurant was closed for renovations and even more importantly they did not inform me that the internet service which they state they offer is not functioning... 'computers are broken'. What? No WIFI?

Now food I can do without but I need to be able to check my business emails even if it is a public computer in the lobby.. don't mislead me about that.

I arrived on a Saturday afternoon and checked out on Monday to another 4 star hotel. I can only say that if the Saturnia with dead flowers in the room was 4 stars then this must have been 6 stars. The concierge was attentive and refused to let me leave without an umbrella even though I had a waterproof jacket. Breakfast included freshly squeezed juices. The final indignity was that the Saturnia's rate was 40 euro more than the other establishment. I would review it here with smiles and stars but cannot find it on the list.

• ChrsStrl's Profile Photo

The Saturnia - a lovely central hotel

On the 22nd March Street, direct from the Piazza of San Marco, it seems very quiet and private - and is. It is also quite expensive. They have remodelled the interior over the last few years and it seems far more up-market than it used to to.

Unique Quality: Ancient, so be prepared for the sloping floors, and the chandeliers will tinkle delicately in distant earthquakes (I speak from experience!)

• We stayed at the remarkable...

We stayed at the remarkable Saturnia & International Hotel.

Unique Quality: Just a couple of minutes away from Piazza San Marco, this MAGNIFICENT hotel is housed in a splendid 14th century palace. What more do you want???? Expensive? Don't worry. Send your hotel bill to your Dad!!!!! ;-) And don't you dare say to him 'oh Daddy, Charlotte taught me to do it!!!'

More about Hotel Saturnia And International

close to Piaza San Marco, Venice

by anees about Hotel Saturnia & International Venezia

From the train station, you can take boat #1. take all canal crande, to Valloresso station.

Located in the heart of Venice, on Via 22 Marzo, the hotel is only 250 metres from St. Mark's Square. With its perfect location, the hotel is the ideal place for a visit in the city's historical centre.
St. Mark's Square, the Palazzo Ducale, the Bridge of Sighs, the Accademia, and Peggy Guggenheim galleries, and the Scala del Bovolo "Staircase of the Snails" are just some of the wonders of Venice that can be enjoyed during a pleasant stroll along the city's paths. Very beatitful design. The Hotel Saturnia is housed in palace built in the 14th century.
it has place where you can take sea taxi from the back side of the hotel building. they take 90 euro for one hour in the private boat.
The hotel's 91 rooms are all different, with bathroom equipped with hair dryer, mini bar, telephone, Internet connection, satellite television with radio, digital combination safe, sprinkler and individually-controlled air conditioning
Some rooms have exposed beams or lacunar ceilings, others feature a calce rasata finish

Old-world charm at the Saturnia

by TripAdvisor Member thannaroo

My 3 sons (20's), 2 of their companions, and I spent 2 nights in 3 rooms at the very nice Saturnia & International in late August 2004. LOCATION: It's an easy walk (even with luggage) from the vaporetto stop that comes just before San Marco Square. (Water taxis can also drop off at the hotel's water entrance in back.) The hotel is 500 yards west of San Marco Square on a main walkway of designer shops. While close to San Marco's, I think the more interesting restaurants and sites are in the other sestrieres. ROOMS: We had a small balcony overlooking rooftops and church steeples, the other 2 rooms did not. The clean, quiet, comfortable A/C'd rooms were on the small side. The bathrooms were dark because of minimal lighting. The small shower (no tub) had a cloth curtain that clung as you showered. Beds were re-made after naps! BREAKFAST: besides the usual continental breakfast, eggs and ham were also offered. AMENITIES: welcoming happy hour on the rooftop patio, elevators, Andreas at the front desk was very helpful, though something was amiss with his transportation arrangments. He arranged for an evening gondola ride for 6 at $100, but I was charged $130 (still a bargain for the evening ride, I think). He arranged for a water taxi to the airport for $90, but we were charged $120 - the driver saying we had 6 people rather than the usual 4. The main advantage of staying at this beautiful hotel is its closeness to San Marco and its old-world charm and service. (They knew my son was celebrating his 21st birthday and delivered a bottle of champagne w/ 6 glasses to our room on the house.)

You've got to be kidding me

All of these reviews I read about The Saturnia made me extremely excited to get there and enjoy the hotel. Trip Advisor reviews from what I can tell are generally correct except for the following: The Saturnia: Do not stay here and The Astoria in Florence: STAY HERE! The Saturnia left a LOT to be desired. The room rate was $400/night for the smallest room we stayed in during our entire honeymoon. As well, the housekeeping left all of the windows in the room open during the day which let mosquitos in every night to eat us ALIVE. Venice is expensive and this place shows just how expensive it is. The staff was definitely very helpful and courteous. The evening bar on the top of the hotel was very nice, but a very tiny room overlooking an alley for $400 a night, doesn't make it worth it. This is the only hotel we wouldn't go back to and that's saying a lot. Save your money and spend it somewhere else.

Quiet Oasis steps from San Marco

Just got around to say a few words about a wonderful hotel, The Saturnia. My girlfriend and I spent two nights there last August and were very happy about our chioce. The hotel is a short walk from San Marco Square and water taxi stops. We found the staff to be very helpful and eager to help with any questions we had. We were unsure about how to get to the airport, as we arrived by train from Florence. The concierge gave us expert advice on an economical and unique service. Probably the first and last time I'll arrive at an airport terminal by boat.
The hotel itself is filled with old world charm and ambience. Our room on the other hand was surprisingly modern and beautifully decorated. The bathroom had the coolest shower I ever saw. After walking about a brutally hot Venice, the water pouring out of the ceiling on to us and sparkling on the bronze tiles was almost magical.
We added Venice to our two week Italian vacation almost as an after thought. In part, thanks to the Saturnia, Venice was one of the best highlights.

Comments