Cannaregio Santa Fosca 2316, Venice, Veneto, 30121, Italy
Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 32% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Venice

Washing resembling the Italian flag in reverse!Washing resembling the Italian flag in reverse!

Spritz and chips, a popular combination in VeniceSpritz and chips, a popular combination in Venice

or you can just sit on one!!or you can just sit on one!!

Souvenirs of Venice, ItalySouvenirs of Venice, Italy

Wi-Fi

by JohanIsWeg

I've heard you can purchase a Wi-Fi ticket for use in Venice. Can anyone advise on the scope of their Wi-Fi areas? In other words, where will I have access to Wi-Fi if I purchase a ticket? All over Venice or at selected spots only?
Thanks for any feedback.

by bazsi79

Hi,

this is where you can find more info about it:

And here is the coverage map:

Bye,
Balazs

by fipol

Hi,
no wifi service is yet provided for tourists unfortunately. They say it's gonna be for tourists to but not yet.
The two links suggested are right but I don't think will be available for 2010.

by JohanIsWeg

Thanks anyway, we were fortunate in that our hotel had wi-fi.

Travel Tips for Venice

Venice FAQs

by effeti

How many questions about Venice, expecially if it' your first time....

What is the best time of year to visit Venice?
How can I get around easily in Venice?
Can I walk all of Venice on foot or are there only canals?
Why aren't there any roads, streets or squares in Venice?
Where can i find information on disabled accessibility?
What can I do if I forget or lose something on the water bus?
Can I take my dog on the water buses?
Can I reserve and rent a boat when in Venice?
Can I camp with my tent in Venice?
I am a foreign visitor to the city: can I get married in Venice?
Are there any particular rules to be respected in Venice?
Where can I take in an ancient music concert?
Does it flood every time it rains in Venice?
Are there ambulances in Venice?

These, and many others, have a good answer on the English FAQs of the Official municipality site

(as far as Oct. 2010, the official site has "lost" the page: read a copy of it here!

Read them... many may seems very obvious, but many other are not...

About moving around Venice, and expecially how to find a particular address in the weird city streets system, see the tip i wrote under "Warnings and danger" section of my Venice page

Don't forget the outdoor art!

by skywalkerbeth

Venice itself is a living breathing museum. You don't have to go inside anything to be surrounded by art. Venice is art.

Here are a few photos of outdoors art I took during my last visit. I could easily put up a photo of every church, bridge, or building I saw too. I didn't take any murano beads photos, too bad. I miss feeling like I stepped back in time.

Venetian Churches -Santa Maria della Salute

by sandysmith

There are so many Venetian Churches to explore - this one is the baroque church of Santa Maria della Salute in Dorsoduro and is a famous landmark of Venice. Admission to this one is free - many charge an entrance fee for but a 3 day pass for 6 churches of your choice is availbale. Its almost too big a church to get a decent photo - this first pic is taken as you pass under the Accademia bridge - love those colourful poles too! Have a good walk around it and see it from all the angles. Please see the other pics as this is such a beautiful church and has so much detail on it - I could stand for ages looking up at it, taking in all the detail - and right at the top you can see a figure on a ball.

This church is a Votive temple built following a decree by the Senate of the Republic during the plague of 1630. Its festival takes place each year now on the 21st November when visiting ventians come with lighted candles. A fourth bridge is even errected to make access to the church easier.

Spritz al aperol, per favore!

by Jefie

This local custom isn't unique to Venice, but with so many sunny terraces, perhaps there isn't another city in Italy that lends itself quite like it to the habit of stopping for an aperitive before dinner. Thanks to my Italian professor, who grew up in Venice, I learned much more than just the language - he also taught me that I absolutely had to order a spritz in Venice! Basically, it's a cocktail made with wine or prosecco, sparkling water and liqueur. We tried the two most popular versions, spritz al aperol, which is orange and usually served with an olive, and spritz al campari, which is dark red and served with an orange. We liked the former the best and I must say, we took to this foreign custom pretty quickly!!

Confusing ... I'm sure there is a reason

by mapakettle

I just saw this sign, and since you don't often find English signs in Italy, let alone Venice, thought I'd record it, for...whatever reason.

This was in the train station, standing against the wall.

Please, no ratings. This helps no one in any way.

Comments