La Rosa dei Venti B&B

Castello 2143, Venice, 30122, Italy
La Rosa dei Venti B&B
Hotels.com Travelocity Venere.com

More about Venice

Palazzo Barbarigo - the palace with mosaics.Palazzo Barbarigo - the palace with mosaics.

Sylvain on board the vaporettoSylvain on board the vaporetto

Sottoportego Ghetto NuovaSottoportego Ghetto Nuova

Alona and Charlie in Sotoportego de CavaletoAlona and Charlie in Sotoportego de Cavaleto

Poveglia

by vegasgod777

Has anyone been to this island? I am coming to Venice in september and I realize the Island of Poveglia is off limits to Tourists but wonder how I may sneak a peek or Get someone to take us to the island for some pictures.

Re: Poveglia

by leics

There was a question about this a year or so ago. I'll try to find the thread.....

The island is not open to the public. It is mostly vineyards. You will not be able to visit, unless you hire a boat and land illegally (not a terribly good idea).

I suppose you could try hiring a water-taxi to take you round the island, if you really really must see it. It won't be cheap though.

Re: Poveglia

by leics

Travel Tips for Venice

Doves,doves and more doves......

by Peruviangirlontour

I really enjoyed the ice creams mmmmmmmm and the doves in Piazza San Marco,the church...no words,not enough words.and the gondolas,perfect place All, I really cannot not describe what is my mmory because I was charmed in that place, it is like magic!

What do you want to see ?

by Imbi

A visit to Venice can last a few hours or many months. It all depends on what you want to do here. There are also trips to Venice which hardly touch on the city. This all stems from the fact that, geographically, the actual city itself is not that large.

visit the lagoon islands. You...

by Lozza_9

visit the lagoon islands. You can buy a three day pass which allows you on all the boats in Venice. You can get them from the ticket office. It the best thing we done. All the lagoon island produce different things. One produces glasses and another cotton. If your lucky you can see glass blowing - I did not because they are closed on Sundays. I had great fun jumping on and of boats. The pass includes the boats which operate within the islands. Travelling on the boats. I spent the whole holiday travelling on a boat. I really missed the rocking of the boat when I got home.

Italiano

by Marpessa

When traveling in a country where english is not the main language I try to make an effort to speak the local language. Italian is a beautiful language and it isn't very hard to pick up the basics. I got a phrase book and a CD, which I put on my i-Pod, to help me learn some phrases. And while I was shy about trying to speak the language at first, by the end of my 2 weeks there I was ordering meals and ice-cream (gelato) all in Italian!

So here are some helpful phrases to get you started!

Hello/Goodbye (informal): Ciao
Open/Closed: aperto/chiuso
Entrance/Exit: entrata/uscita
Where is...?: Dov'e...?

and...
I didn't understand: non ho capito
Do you speak English?: Parla Inglese?

Rules for Headache-Free Shopping

by Krystynn

Besides its uniqueness, Venice is also a fabulous place for SHOPPING! There are many great shoe stores, wonderful Venetian glass from Murano, hand embroidered table linens from Burano for you to buy.

Lugging your new bags of clothing and other buys through the streets on your way to Marco Polo Airport is no laughing matter either. :-(

EVERYBODY has to lug their own stuff. There is no other way to get to the airport transportation but to haul your bags over several bridges to a (water) taxi stop or a bus stop.

Boyfriends and husbands DEFINITELY come in very handy at such critical moments.... :-)

Comments