Calle Venier, 4852, Venice, Veneto, 30131, Italy

Hotels.com Venere.com Booking.com

• BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Affordable & basic accommodation, big rooms!

What you will get is a room without the frills, as expected from a locanda. There are no fancy reception, telephone, room service or elevator available but instead I got a big room, a comfy bed, satellite TV, nice bathroom and Italian breakfast served in my room. The locanda probably has no more than 5 rooms and the staff will only show up at certain times of the day to check-in guests, prepare breakfast and clean the rooms. You will have to bring your room key with you when you go out. The location is away from the crowd but only minutes away by foot from most attractions e.g San Marco Square.

However, the price is very good for its location and value. Besides, I spend most of my time exploring Venice so I don't need the unnecessary amenities. The nearby restaurants are also less expensive than those close to the tourist sites.

Unique Quality: Close proximity to Actv Fondamente Nove waterbus stop, you can easily go to the nearby islands e.g Murano easily. It also took me approximately 15-20 min to walk to San Marco Square. Being away (but not too far) from popular attractions, the cost of eating out is less expensive and less crowded. Plus, since the foot traffic is less here, it's not as noisy as other places and you'll get better sleep

Directions: Close to Actv Fondamente Nove waterbus stop, walk towards Calle Venier. It's the building by the canal & bridge. Don't worry, just call them ahead and they will assist you to get to the locanda

• longsanborn's Profile Photo

Cozy and Comfortable Inn

I was in Venice with my sister from 30/04 - 02/05/07 (3 days/2 nights). I booked this Locanda (means "Inn" in Italian) via the internet. The Locanda Acquavita is a small Inn or B&B with 5 large tastefully furnished bedrooms.

The staffs were warm and friendly. After I booked the room, the Locanda staff contacted me via e-mail, asking for my arrival date. Since the staff will only be there in the morning, they wanted to make sure someone will be around when we checked-in in the afternoon.

Based on instructions from the Locanda, we took the waterbus 42 (you can also use no. 52) from the Santa Lucia Venice’s train station. When we got off at the porto/stop called Fondamente Nove, we called the Locanda, as requested by them, and they send a woman to lead us to the place. She said that the way to the Locanda can be confusing for first-timers (which were true!). Our room was on the first floor. The bedroom was lovely - it was cozy and comfortable, with tall windows and yellow curtains. For the price of Euro 120 for 2 persons, we got a large double-room with small refrigerator, satellite TV, clothes closet, air-conditioner unit, and a modern but small bathroom with towel warmer. However, the air-conditioner was not working properly. So, we were glad that we were not there in summer!!

The place is certainly off the beaten path. I find the Locanda's location to be great because it is near to the waterbus stops but yet the Locanda is located in a quiet street next to a bridge and a canal, with a good and cheap local restaurant/Trattoria at the end of the street. The surrounding area is also quiet at night but safe.

I am happy with this Locanda and its location. I will definitely stay here again the next time I visit Venice.

Unique Quality: The Locanda is located in the Canneregio district and it's about 20-25 minutes walk to San Marco Square. The walk was very pleasant as we passed by several local grocery shops, small fruit and flower markets catering to the locals, and several small restaurants and bars, plus small cozy squares with churches. Overall, it was a really interesting yet calm and quiet area.

Did I mention that the Locanda is also not far from the waterbus stop/porto Fondamente Nove? From here, we could take several waterbuses to the islands of Murano, Burano and Lido.

The simple Italian breakfast was served every morning to our room since they don’t have a breakfast room. In the evenings, we had to choose/mark our morning drinks on a piece of paper and leave the paper on the counter. Then in the morning, we got pastries, toasts, butter and jam, coffee/tea, milk and orange juice.

We could take the key when we go out, and we let ourselves in into the place in the evenings. It felt a bit weird at first, like as if we owned the place! On our final day, we could leave our luggage while we go shopping. After that, we left the key on the counterpart and shut the main door.

Directions: Take water bus no. 42 or 52 from the Piazza Roma or Santa Lucia Train station to Actv porto Fondamente Nove. Then walk towards Calle Venier.

Comments