San Marco 1672, Venice, Veneto, 30124, Italy

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

Rated 16% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• eleonorrigby's Profile Photo

as a result we had to accomodate in another hotel

When we were choosing a hotel, we were guided by its location and good reviews. The factor that the Piazza San Marco in a few minutes on foot was the key. Furthermore, it was very tempting to have a breakfast on the terrace with a view of Venice.
    However, when we arrived at the Locanda Antica Venezia, we were denied in the check-in due to a malfunction in the bathroom in one of the rooms (we booked 2 rooms). And without any explanation or discussion was conducted in a completely different hotel. I can not say anything bad about Hotel Ca 'Morosini, in which we lodged but:
    it had been violated the key conditions of booking.
    1. The close proximity of Piazza San Marco. Granted hotel was much further, it is an area Morosini almost next to the bridge Academy.
    2. Of course there was no terrace with beautiful views of the city
    3. In one room there were no facilities en-suite, I mean that isthere is a private bathroom, which is accessible only by passing through a common corridor.
    I have nothing against these accommodation options, it is not rarity in older homes in Europe, but I'd reserved just en-suite.
    The next day I met the manager of the Locanda Antica Venezia. He did not take any attempt to somehow resolve the conflict, just showed damaged toilet tank. Adn nothing about any compensation, of course. Later Hotel Ca 'Morosini did me a favor and gave me a little discount on price.
    I would like to add that a few days before arrival in Venice, I wrote a letter to Antica Venezia, reaffirming our arrival, after which the hotel did the pre-authorise my credit card in an amount equal to the cost of one night, but no warnings about possible problems has not received.
    The general impression from visiting Venice was ruined.

• laforstraveller's Profile Photo

Not so nice!

So not thrilled with this guesthouse. The receptionist that greeted us when we first arrived was nice, but the rest of the staff (well, minus one other) were pretty ambivalent. Our room, which was in another building the next street over, was attractively furnished, had plenty of room for two, with a decent sized bathroom. The room itself was clean, but the hallways and staircases in our building just stunk of mold, mildew, and cigarettes. The main building was not much better. The A/C in the room did not work, which made for miserable sleeping at night. Even with the window open, there was no airflow. There is no lift for either building. Our room was two flights up, but to get to the breakfast room and the reception desk in the other building, it was 3 flights up. The main building is also were they store your luggage for you--so for us we had to haul our stuff down two flights of stairs, down the street, and then back up three flights of stairs. Rather a large incovenience. (I know, don't look at gift-horse in the mouth. At least they stored our luggage.) Breakfast was rather large and included in the price. However, their boiled eggs were not adequately cooked. Thinking that it was at least a soft boiled egg (with a gooey yolk but firm whites), my mom cracked the egg open--whites and all came flying out. The staff attending the breakfast room who witnessed the mishap did not come to help clean up or removed the mess once we had it contained. They just gawked at the mess and gave us dirty looks. Again, I wasn't too impressed with the staff.

The one good thing about this guesthouse is the location. It's less than a 5 minute walk to St Mark's Square, and to the Vallaresso Vaporetto stop. If given the option, I wouldn't stay there again.

Directions: San Marco area, about 5 min walk from Valleresso vaporetto stop, and 5 min walk to St. Mark's Square

Comments