S Polo 2344, Campo Sant'Agostin, Venice, Veneto, 30125, Italy

Expedia.com Booking.com Venere.com

• Doesn't Deserve 3 Star Rating

My husband, daughter and I stayed 4 nights at this hotel, which is in a quiet residential area of Venice. The staff members were pleasant, but our room was not cleaned each day. We had to ask for fresh towels and glasses. Breakfast, which was included, never included fresh fruit or meat.

Unique Quality: Nice quiet area of Venice, but a little too far off the beaten path.

Directions: Camp Sant'Agostin - San Polo area

More about Locanda Sant'Agostin

Excellent staff

I am writing to compliment and thank their excellent staff for the many courtesies and the assistance that they extended to us during our recent stay in Venice. The accommodation was beautiful, very restful and comfortable. Two of their front desk managers were extraordinarily helpful and kind to us, answering many questions, providing excellent suggestions and making our stay at their establishment and in Venice a wonderful and memorable time. We will return to Venice and when we do we will be happy to make another reservation to stay at Locanda Santagostin. In the meantime, we will higly recommend their facilities to any fiends of ours who are planning to visit Venice. Again, thank you for making our stay as wonderful as it was. Steven

A little gem

by TripAdvisor Member Mynameisdaisy

I was lucky enough to stay at the Locanda Sant'Agostin for 3 nights (July 2004) along with my husband and 4 year old daughter. Within easy walking distance to the Rialto bridge and other tourist attractions but tucked off the main tourist track, I have to say it was the perfect place for exploring Venice. Our room was huge and very comfortable. The air conditioning was very handy as it was hot during our stay and the room was very well sound proofed from the street outside which was quite busy in the evenings. Frederico and Leonardo were wonderful hosts, very friendly and helpful. Frederico's tips on local resturants all proved to be fantastic and we ate very well during our stay. Also being off the main track both shopping and dining were much cheaper then the more touristy areas. We would certainly stay here again.

Great first stop in Italy!

We spent the first two nights of our 3 week honeymoon at the Locanda Sant' Agostin and loved it. The hotel was in the perfect location for us, we really enjoyed the walk towards the Rialto Bridge and on to San Marco (only about 15 minutes). We loved that the location was a little less touristy but still accessible to all of the sights. The staff was absolutely wonderful and was always ready to answer any of our questions.

Smart, comfortable, welcoming.

This hotel is relaxed and yet elegant; a copy of a large Velazquez painting made by Fortuny greets you in the lounge / breakfast room. Rooms are impeccable and bathrooms are modern, ample and well designed (a rare thing in Venice, unless you are ready to pay astronomical rates). Service is very polite, helpful and always willing to help you avoid tourist traps and to coach you towards a more genuine Venice experience.
Its location is fun: you are bound to get lost the first time you try to reach the hotel from the vaporetto (only two minutes away, though)... but this is Venice! and I love that feeling. It is located in the heart of a lovely and lively square, yet the rooms are quiet (thanks to double - triple?- windows): you step out and feel like a local inhabitant! Unbeatable. Indeed the neighbourhood seems free of tourists and abounds with locals (with students adding their fair share of blood and life to the area). You will find a wonderful pizzeria ten yards from the doorstep, and an amazing bakery just as near. There is also a lively bar on the doorstep open till midnight ( which is late for Venice): this is a plus when you want to unwind and review your day's visits over a drink with your travel companions, instead of retreating to your room with so many good moments untold. And if you like strolling along, many city highlights can easily be reached from the hotel with a short leasurly walk.
Just one tiny grudge: with such a wonderful bakery next door and opening so early, why can't they provide that wonderful home-made bread for breakfast?

Just what we wanted

A nice small locanda off the beaten track but within easy walking distance of all the major sights. Good value for money, nice bathroom but no view as such. You shouldn't be in your room much anyway!
Friendly, helpful staff, breakfast basic but enough. Got lost walking from Piazzale Roma for a few minutes but that's because I can't read maps! It's all part of the fun anyway. Venice is a maze but all the streets/canals/bridges are well signposted and you'll be surprised at how quickly you'll orientate yourself. Treated ourselves to Da Fiore restaurant ( just around the corner) on the last night and if your pockets are deep enough you're in for a treat. Book ahead, however.
I would recommend Locanda Sant Agostin to anyone looking for a small, friendly place to stay in Venice.

The best in Venice!

by TripAdvisor Member julesmetty

Great location, romantic accomodations, and THE BEST STAFF! I would never stay anywhere else in Venice. Leonardo even locked up the hotel to help us run to the train (carrying my luggage!) station to catch a train we were late for! Great tips on restaurants, very warm and inviting. Loved it!!!!

Great experience

by TripAdvisor Member HansJuergen

Ditto all the reviews below. Comfortable, clean, and attractive accommodations - like staying at an elegant Venetian residence. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Their restaurant recommendations are excellent.

No risk accomodations

by TripAdvisor Member DogenJoe

This was my third visit to Venice and the best place I have ever stayed at. Comfortable rooms, central location, quiet rooms, and helpful staff. I had my parents in tow on this trip and they liked it very much. You can't go wrong with this choice.

Venice is magical.

by TripAdvisor Member ezb

My husband and I visited Venice for 3 days in early November. It was not long enough. We stayed at this lovely hotel. The room was very large and the bathroom was wonderful. The room was completely sound proof. We loved the location. It is in a real neighborhood not touristy at all. We loved sitting in the huge courtyard sipping wine or expresso and watching all of the children play. You are close enough to everything. I would recommend that you immediately take the #1 water bus in order to get a feel of Venice. Venice is very difficult (at first) to get around. The maps are not helpful as the streets are like a winding maze. But that is just part of the charm. We did not feel deprived that we were not staying on the canal. We were happy with the staff. They were freindly and their restaurant picks were delicious. I would certainly love to come back to Venice.

Comments