Londra Palace Hotel Venice

Jetsetter.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 84% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• gypsysoul73's Profile Photo

Great location

I didn't stay here, but it looks like a pretty great location for a hotel right by Marc's basin. This 19th-century neo-Gothic palace hotel is where Tchaikovsky wrote his Fourth Symphony .

Directions: by Marc's basin

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

A Venezian Splurge

My first visit to Venice was with my more affluent friends and luckily for me it was my birthday so I didn't have to help pay for the accommodations. If I had, I never would have chosen the Hotel Londra Palace. But it certainly was a luxe introduction to this amazing city.

The hotel is one of the top five in Venice. Located on the Grand Canal, just a few steps from the Doges Palace and St. Mark's Square. Our room did not have a canal view and looked on to a tiny alley where construction was being done during the day (beginning quite early in the morning). The room was very comfortable but the twin beds were still TWINS (something we Yanks aren't used to). The elegant furnishings appeared to be antiques.

The bathroom was wonderful; all marble and gorgeous with a huge jacuzi tub. This was appreciated after long days of trudging around Venice.

Unique Quality: One of the things I enjoyed most about staying at Hotel Londra Palace was the buffet breakfast each morning, sitting outside watching the day start on the Grand Canal. The buffet was one of the most sumptuous of any I've experienced in Italy.

Double rooms start at 380 euro.

• yeah_baby's Profile Photo

Italy

More about Londra Palace Hotel Venice

Loved the Londra Palace

by TripAdvisor Member SugarCreek

Our family of three just returned from Venice where we spent two nights at the Londra Palace. This is a "splurge" hotel, but we loved it. We had a triple on the third floor overlooking the water. There was a king bed and a single bed for our teenage son. The bathroom was unbelievable, with robes, Hermes products and a heated towel rack! Breakfast was by far and away the best we had in Italy - endless variety. It was a short walk to St. Marks and the vaporetto stops are right outside the front door. I would definitely recommend the Londra Palace.

beautiful hotel

by TripAdvisor Member chiffy

stayed at the Londra Palce 8th July to 10th July for our wedding anniversary The hotel is absolutely lovely. One of the best we have stayed at. The room was superb. The hotel gave us a bottle of champagne. We have stayed at a lot of five star hotels, but this was one of the best. We got a water taxi from the airport and we felt that we were in the James Bond movie it was fantastic, took us straight to the hotel with not waiting about at the airport. The breakfast at the hotel was ok for a continental breakfast, although I think that Venice was not one of our favourite places to stay. If Londra Palace was in Florence then it would be fantastic. We found Venice very touristy and very busy with very tacky shops.

Florence beats Venice for a weekend break anytime, just wish the Londra Palace was in Florence. Would go back just because of the hotel.

Great Hotel, Great Location, Great Breakfast!

We have just returned from a three night stay at the Londra Palace. The location is excellent - particularly if you use the water bus rather than a water taxi to transfer to and from the airport. Our room was tasteful and comfortable with a great view of the lagoon. The public areas were very pleasant. The standard of service was extremely high. The breakfast in terms of choice and quality could not be faulted. The only slight negative was that, as another reviewer has previously observed, the shower inevitably resulted in the bathroom floor getting soaked. Overall, however, this is undoubtedly a special hotel and we would jump at the opportunity to stay there again.

Londra was superb

by TripAdvisor Member Toomuchtrav

My wife, myself and a friend (all of whom are relatively hardened travelers) really loved this place. Why? Because nothing was wrong and alot was special. When you pay this much for a hotel it pretty much has to be perfect just to be acceptable. And they got the basics right -it's in a great location (the ladies appreciated being able to go back here easily to use the bathroom!), the rooms are a nice size for Europe, everything is perfectly maintained, maid service was excellent, the wireless internet in the lobby was reliable, etc.

So what made it special? First, based upon other reviews, we got a lagoon facing room, and it was just amazing/magical to open our window in the morning to the beauty of the lagoon and the hustle of the street below. But it wasn't just that. We traveled with a friend who stayed in a room with almost no view, and she was almost as happy with the hotel. Second, the hotel staff never missed. Within a day, the front desk knew us and our room number, the bar staff knew our drinks and munchies preference (the olives are incredible), and when I left my key in my room, the bellman beat me to the room to open it for me! The third special thing was the restaurant and bar area. The breakfast buffet had the best fresh fruit on the trip. And our dinner was special - try the seafood ravioli. But what pushed it over the top was the bar area. The reason our friend liked the hotel even though her room had little view was because she could have sat here all day. The people watching could not be beat. Because of the location, all of Venice has to walk by to use the Vaporetto or to go to Piazza San Marco - it was like having a private view on all of the people in Venice. and again the service was excellent. We stayed at the Cipriani on a previous trip. If what you are looking for is privacy and distance, that is a much better place. But if you enjoy being in the center of it all, then the Londra Palace is the place to be.

Hotel Londra Palace

by ffonger

We have booked Danielli, but our travel agent just got us a great rate for about 1/2 of Danielli at Londra Palace. Has anyone stayed there recently? Advice?

Re: Hotel Londra Palace

by dolomite

Danieli is a 5-stars-L hotel, Londra Palace is a 4-stars hotel: this explain the price difference.

Both are very good hotels in an excellent location.

Ciao,